Raina's new technique

CG

Raina is a gun player in LOIs. Make no mistake about that. He has the temperament to finish the innings and play well under pressure. This is a quality that not many batsmen have. He is also a very good hitter and can turn it on without having to play too many balls. Also an excellent fielder and a decent part time spinner. Hope he keeps improving and plays in our X1 for World Cup.

I think Gambhir has work on the same issue. Reduce his bat lift.
Gambhir tried that with out much success .I think gambhir needs to be himself ,He is best when he is aggressive through offside and drives well rather than playing through thirdman.At his ets he would charge bowlers and unsettle them .
Gambhir tried that with out much success .I think gambhir needs to be himself ' date='He is best when he is aggressive through offside and drives well rather than playing through thirdman.At his ets he would charge bowlers and unsettle them .[/quote'] yeah gambhir of old was very good batsman he used stand well up the cease to negotiate the ball swinging into him also used to charge the bowler each ball to disrupt their rhythm those day he was the best player of spinner never got out to them only weakness was when keeper stood up to him he used to edge them

I thought the pakistan bowlers bowled too short to him. Expect a better test v Australia and they will give us indications. His stance is a bit more open and his bat lift has reduced. I read somewhere that he even reduced the weight of his bat ie made it lighter to increase its speed. (not sure on this just remember reading it). So that bat speed is that bit quicker. As i have said before the trick to Raina is not bowling short all the time. Its bowling normally and slipping in that odd short ball to create doubts in his mind. That means he is neither forward nor back and is caught in no mans land to a normal delivery. You bowl too short like the Pakistanis did and he can premeditate it. Maybe the tips of Ganguly paid off?

This thread would likely not have existed if the catch was taken.
And that bothers you ? Lol read again , the op says Raina has changed his technique a little.. . He may not be up to your high stanadards , but the least hes putting an effort and there is nothing wrong in appreciating that .