The Delhi Test

Cricketics

Delhi is our favorite hunting ground. Cant remember India losing a test there. Feeling much better now. We should play to our traditional strenght - Spinners. We have ALWAYS won test matches at home because of our spinners. I would like a low, slow turner that takes some serious spin from day 3. And Bhajji must be included i feel. Harbhajjan at home in tests is an entirely different bowler , he takes this attacking re-incarnation all of a sudden. And with Pak's batting line-up as inexperienced and so lacking in class as it is , we must unleash our spinning weapons on them. They would have no freaking clue. As far as this series is concerned ,the first hour of every morning is going to be of monumental importance. There would definitely be some purchase for the fast bowlers and Pakistan especially must be hoping their pacers can capitalize on that. Pakistan's batting looks pathetically short of test-match class batsman. Only Mo Yo and YK have any sort of test pedigree behind them and if they fail, Pakistan will be found desperately wanting. I put India as firm favorites in the test series. Pakistan has too many variables that can go wrong.

Delhi is our favorite hunting ground. Cant remember India losing a test there. Feeling much better now. We should play to our traditional strenght - Spinners. We have ALWAYS won test matches at home because of our spinners. I would like a low, slow turner that takes some serious spin from day 3. And Bhajji must be included i feel. Harbhajjan at home in tests is an entirely different bowler , he takes this attacking re-incarnation all of a sudden. And with Pak's batting line-up as inexperienced and so lacking in class as it is , we must unleash our spinning weapons on them. They would have no freaking clue. As far as this series is concerned ,the first hour of every morning is going to be of monumental importance. There would definitely be some purchase for the fast bowlers and Pakistan especially must be hoping their pacers can capitalize on that. Pakistan's batting looks pathetically short of test-match class batsman. Only Mo Yo and YK have any sort of test pedigree behind them and if they fail, Pakistan will be found desperately wanting. I put India as firm favorites in the test series. Pakistan has too many variables that can go wrong.
Batting certainly looks very thin. After Younis and Yousuf the 3rd most experienced batsman is Malik with only 20 test matches and a batting average of under 40, even in bowling there isn't much experience after Akhtar and Kaneria.

India's strengths

• Playing at home
  • Better form
  • Settled batting line-up
  • More Pedigree in the batting
  • In-form keeper batsman
  • World class spinners
  • Good young crop of pace bowlers
Pakistan's strength
  • Much more firepower in the pace bowling

Pakistan's weaknesses

• Unsettled team , constant chopping and changing, late arrival of Shoaib
  • A slightly out of form Asif
  • Batting lacks any sort of pedigree apart from Younis and Yousuf
  • Wicket-keeper batsman has been in horrible form
  • Indians are good players of spin bowling ,thus are capable of neutralizing Kaneria , their biggest wicket taking threat in the last 30 months

Essentially, for Pakistan to win , it must fully utilize its strength , which may not happen at all and limit exposure to most of its weaknesses. As i said , the numbers are stacked against Pakistan. Quite simply , they have to play out of their skin or the Indian batting order has to fail miserably for them to win.

India's strengths
  • Playing at home
  • Better form
  • In-form keeper batsman
  • World class spinners
Pakistan's strength

Pakistan's weaknesses

• Indians are good players of spin bowling ,thus are capable of neutralizing Kaneria , their biggest wicket taking threat in the last 30 months

Essentially, for Pakistan to win , it must fully utilize its strength , which may not happen at all and limit exposure to most of its weaknesses. As i said , the numbers are stacked against Pakistan. Quite simply , they have to play out of their skin or the Indian batting order has to fail miserably for them to win.

This is the worrying factor. Inexplicable batting collapses. Hope we bat really well.
India's strengths
  • Playing at home
  • Better form
  • In-form keeper batsman
  • World class spinners
Pakistan's strength

Pakistan's weaknesses

So, do we have any weaknesses at all? :D
btw there was some news before that they will build a new stadium in Delhi which would host 2011 world cup final.. but then later on it was decided mumbai to host wc final in 011.. after that no news on that stadium..
Yeah that's in Noida. We got a house around 2 blocks from there ! Can't wait for it to be finished :two_thumbs_up:
So' date=' do we have any weaknesses at all? :D[/quote'] You would make an excellent film/art critic i think. I implore you to consider a career switch:D
Yunus and Yousuf are in better form than any of the Indian batsmen so that's a major plus for PAK. In bowling PAK don't just have much more firepower in the pace bowling department but they also have an extra bowling option(Afridi). So i don't think IND have a huge edge.
When even Kaneria's effevtiveness against the Indians is a bit doubtful, to say the Afridi is a threat doesnt make a lot of sense. I cannot remember ONE test match between India-Pak where Afridi made a match winning/turning difference.
You would make an excellent film/art critic i think. I implore you to consider a career switch:D When even Kaneria's effevtiveness against the Indians is a bit doubtful, to say the Afridi is a threat doesnt make a lot of sense. I cannot remember ONE test match between India-Pak where Afridi made a match winning/turning difference.
With the ball you mean? http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/64127.html Afridi on a day 5 pitch can be very tough to play MM.
Yunus and Yousuf are in better form than any of the Indian batsmen so that's a major plus for PAK. In bowling PAK don't just have much more firepower in the pace bowling department but they also have an extra bowling option(Afridi). So i don't think IND have a huge edge.
2-0 win for India in Tests. Pak will not be able to draw more than 1 test match.