For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

If a player is getting to first base in 4.2 secs why does his weight matter to you. You are not his mom or girlfriend (maybe girlfriend). Show me speeds athleticsm backed by numbers which you have not done. Till you dont do that you are hot air. Put some numbers down.
Show me proof....dont make numbers, Prince Fielder does first base in 4 odd seconds my foot ....WHERE IS THE PROOF?!

I have played lot of cricket. Baseball comes at you much faster than cricket ball. If anything ground slows down the ball.......... Baseball bat has under 2 sq in hitting area and cricket bat has 160 sq in. Hand eye coordination needed is phenomenal.
Baseball: 2 variables in a ball, Speed and movement in the air. Cricket: 3 variables, Speed, movement in the air and movement of the pitch....3 you see, more of a challenge for a batsman. Things cricket batsmen have to deal with that baseball players don't and cannot: SPIN Types of Pitches: BOUNCY tracks, TURNING ones etc... BOUNCE SEAM movement Change in LINE & LENGTH Beyond this they need to pierce a ground with 11 fielders, for which they need timing and placement. A cricket batsman has to focus on temperament, hand/eye co-ordination, technique and timing. Hitting a baseball is lot easier. Its a full toss and the faster they come the quicker it disappears!! A baseball pitcher varies his pace and swing, all his variations are dependent on only these 2 factors. BUT the lengths do not change, line does not, pitch doesn't matter etc...etc....
Baseball has lot more variation in the air. You need to understand fluid dynamics to get that.
A cricket ball swings in the air, the swing varies as the ball gets older, then there's reverse swing!!! A baseball does not age like a cricket ball, especially since a ball does not have a defined seam and it does not get used for 200-250 odd deliveries!!! Fluid dynamics.....bollocks......most of those hispanics havent been to school let alone understand fluid dynamics. Its a skill you fool....they don't teach this in school!! If you played cricket you would understand this....BUT YOU HAVENT!!! And if you claim you did, then you're lying or you would have known this rather than me having to drill this into ur thick skull.

I have played lot of cricket. Baseball comes at you much faster than cricket ball. If anything ground slows down the ball. Baseball bat has under 2 sq in hitting area and cricket bat has 160 sq in. Hand eye coordination needed is phenomenal. Baseball has lot more variation in the air. You need to understand fluid dynamics to get that. Lot of baseball concepts are already being used like the batters stance has changed compared to twenty years ago. Throwing from outfield has changed. there are more ideas to be borrowed .
Baseball may be difficult to hit because of speed & smaller surface of bats but that's why they miss 75% of times on an aggregate. So what's the big deal. Not like they have super reflexes & hit everything.

Got to say shortbread has this one. Sorry Missfielder I think its time you retire from this one. Follow Nball and retire peacefully and gracefully. Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Shortbread is hot air. Whether he likes it or not things are moving from baseball to cricket it depends who does those first. Throw from outfield - from baseball. Batsman new stances from baseball. Multiple coaches from baseball.

Baseball may be difficult to hit because of speed & smaller surface of bats but that's why they miss 75% of times on an aggregate. So what's the big deal. Not like they have super reflexes & hit everything.
They hit quiet a bit. Problem is they have only a 90 degree arc to hit into whereas cricket has all 360 degrees. Compound that with less than 2 sq in area to hit with compared to 160 sq in and the task is daunting. Hitting a round ball with a rounded object is the hardest thing to do.

Baseball: 2 variables in a ball, Speed and movement in the air. Cricket: 3 variables, Speed, movement in the air and movement of the pitch....3 you see, more of a challenge for a batsman. Things cricket batsmen have to deal with that baseball players don't and cannot: SPIN Types of Pitches: BOUNCY tracks, TURNING ones etc... BOUNCE SEAM movement Change in LINE & LENGTH Beyond this they need to pierce a ground with 11 fielders, for which they need timing and placement. A cricket batsman has to focus on temperament, hand/eye co-ordination, technique and timing. Hitting a baseball is lot easier. Its a full toss and the faster they come the quicker it disappears!! A baseball pitcher varies his pace and swing, all his variations are dependent on only these 2 factors. BUT the lengths do not change, line does not, pitch doesn't matter etc...etc.... A cricket ball swings in the air, the swing varies as the ball gets older, then there's reverse swing!!! A baseball does not age like a cricket ball, especially since a ball does not have a defined seam and it does not get used for 200-250 odd deliveries!!! Fluid dynamics.....bollocks......most of those hispanics havent been to school let alone understand fluid dynamics. Its a skill you fool....they don't teach this in school!! If you played cricket you would understand this....BUT YOU HAVENT!!! And if you claim you did, then you're lying or you would have known this rather than me having to drill this into ur thick skull.
(1) Cricket ball comes at you slow, it maybe at 95 mph but when it hit the ground it slows quiet a bit. You get more time to react. (2) On baseball there is only drag acting when pitched which barely slows down by 10% when it reaches batter. Cricket ball has drag, imparts energy to ground and then gravity acting against it. Cricket balls may slow down as much as 40% when reaching batsman. (3) Slowdown means lot of reaction time. If anything ground helps the batsman. (4) Cricket ball cannot have the same movement in air as a baseball. Cricket ball has one seam which forces the bowl to deviate to left or right. Baseball has a eight seam and it can do a corkscrew motion and you have to handle all that at warp speed. Cricket ball based on laws of physics cannot do corkscrew. Please grow up. (

(1) Cricket ball comes at you slow' date= it maybe at 95 mph but when it hit the ground it slows quiet a bit. You get more time to react. (2) On baseball there is only drag acting when pitched which barely slows down by 10% when it reaches batter. Cricket ball has drag, imparts energy to ground and then gravity acting against it. Cricket balls may slow down as much as 40% when reaching batsman. (3) Slowdown means lot of reaction time. If anything ground helps the batsman. (4) Cricket ball cannot have the movement in air as a baseball. Cricket ball has one seam which forces the bowl to deviate to left or right. Baseball has a eight seam and it can do a corkscrew motion and you have to handle all that at warp speed. Please grow up. (
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dmk2aDKkTU]*BRUTAL* Most dangerous ball in ANY cricket match! 2001/02 Hobart - YouTube[/ame] sure it can come slow and kill you faster than a baseball does.

They hit quiet a bit. Problem is they have only a 90 degree arc to hit into whereas cricket has all 360 degrees. Compound that with less than 2 sq in area to hit with compared to 160 sq in and the task is daunting. Hitting a round ball with a rounded object is the hardest thing to do.
No they dont. They certainly dont have significantly better reflexes than cricketers who have to deal with same kinds of speeds. Also they have questionable fitness.

Show me proof....dont make numbers' date=' Prince Fielder does first base in 4 odd seconds my foot ....[b']WHERE IS THE PROOF?!
avg. speed to first in MLB is 4.2 sec for lefthanded hitter avg. speed to first in MLB is 4.3 sec for righthand hitter (timing starts when ball is hit) Read more: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=2611536#ixzz2yXN7xvyP Can you put some cricket speeds down.

No they dont. They certainly dont have significantly better reflexes than cricketers who have to deal with same kinds of speeds. Also they have questionable fitness.
No they dont have the same reflex as you can see the speed at which the balls are coming. See a triple play and you cannot show me one in cricket.

There is no way baseball will be so off target that he will hit anyone's head. But in cricket you can intimidate batsman like baseball can never do.
Some pitchers do it on purpose that is why they let batter walk. You can also see the helmet covering the ear. It can kill.