For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

I originally replied to this thread without reading the entire thread. Now after going through all of the posts, I'm not exactly sure what is the point of this thread. Is it about the techniques and nuances that Cricket can learn from Baseball? or Is it about how Baseball is superior to Cricket?

I think even the OP is confused what the thread is about. When i asked him he said that cricket can learn about about management & stuff but started posting how baseball is superior to cricket & more difficult then cricket.
No, topic became cricket vs baseball which never was the intent.

I originally replied to this thread without reading the entire thread. Now after going through all of the posts, I'm not exactly sure what is the point of this thread. Is it about the techniques and nuances that Cricket can learn from Baseball? or Is it about how Baseball is superior to Cricket?
Main thing my desire is that the management technique in this context. Important lessons: (1) captain should not be all important. Strategy should be managers job. For e.g. Dhoni should not have such major vote for selection. Coach and batting coach should select the batsman to avoid Yuvraj fiasco. (2) managers job to decide who should bowl. raina should not have been bowling. Create mismatches, managers job. SL did a better job then India. (3) Detailed plan and bowl for every player. managers job. My gripe stems from that Dhoni is making many arbitrary decisions on the field that need to be stopped. This can be done by the control room and take crucial decision making away from him. This was a winnable world cup and Dhoni lost it for India. This should never happen again. The intent in not cricket vs baseball. Science everyday beats Capt. cools instincts.

In baseball it is not a surprise.. You know the trajectory well in advance. But in cricket you won't know if the ball suddenly rears off from a good length. Not just head. They can crush your toe. They can hit your box by suddenly jagging the ball back. They can hurt your chest. Whole idea of bodyline series was that only right? In baseball no matter what you do it is still a full toss. Besides cricket ball is heavier. Receiving distance from bowler is slightly less in cricket. It will be even less if the batsman dances down the wicket. Tendulkar practiced from 15 yards before touring Australia. I am surprised you believe baseball is more dangerous than cricket.
Like I said baseball comes much faster and hence hard to avoid. Seriously you did not enjoy the atmosphere in the baseball stadium. How about the hotdogs?

Show me proof....dont make numbers' date=' Prince Fielder does first base in 4 odd seconds my foot ....[b']WHERE IS THE PROOF?!
Farthest hit documented for baseball is approx 200 meters. Could you kindly give the no for cricket? This is only for shortbread as he is missing the point. Others can ignore it.

Lol Lol' date=' Midfielder this the most ridiculous thread ever[/quote'] He knows absolutely nothing about cricket and thinks baseball is the ideal sport to learn from. A soft ball delivered as a full toss is supposedly hard to hit in his world compared to a bouncer. I don't know why this loser even joined a cricket forum.

Farthest hit documented for baseball is approx 200 meters. Could you kindly give the no for cricket? This is only for shortbread as he is missing the point. Others can ignore it.
Baseball is way too bouncier than cricket ball. Even I can hit a toy bouncy ball to 300 metres without much effort :giggle:

He knows absolutely nothing about cricket and thinks baseball is the ideal sport to learn from. A soft ball delivered as a full toss is supposedly hard to hit in his world compared to a bouncer. I don't know why this loser even joined a cricket forum.
Looking at his comments, I think he has taken this show wayy too seriously. [ame]www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHD2ooQ_yOk[/ame] a post I found on reddit sums it up everying. :haha:
Their formula appears to be: take a professional player of American sport, find talentless american nobodies who try to play non-american sport on Sunday afternoons, pretend these 4th-rate clowns who would get their arses handed to them by your average pub team are in fact global superstars, run flashy "comparison" with narration demonstrating your total ignorance of basic principles of the sport in question, wrap yourself in the stars and stripes, masturbate furiously.

(1) Baseball players dont practise that motion otherwise they would be able to. Bret Lee was throwing ball all his life from the outfield but still was not able to throw it as fast as a high school kid. remember that was a plain throw with no variation and control The baseball pitchers who pitch at 100 mph have lot of control.
Throwing a baseball pitch and throwing from the outfield are not the same motion. There is no real analog to baseball pitches in cricket, so brett lee was a poor test subject. When you throw from the outfield, you go for a parabolic curve. Not a straight one. When you do use a straight line field throw in cricket, its almost always overhead, not side-winder baseball style.
(2) Their body size is optimized for the motions they have to carry on. This is science. Look at the players running between the bases. They will run faster than any repeat any cricket player.
Mate, wtf are you on about ? everyone has to run between bases in baseball, depending on the batting order and dismissals/walks. including the fat guy who is a slugger.
(3) You are cluless and do not understand physical standards. Kohli and Jadega are good but their physical standards are no better than a high school track team. You will not understand this ever.
Err high school track team members are fitter than 99% baseball players.
(4) Are the outfielders heavy? (5) have you ever seen a triple play? (5) have you ever seen any one steal bases? (6) these physical standards are unmatched.
False. Triple play is something that happens in baseball but there is also relay throws in cricket leading to run-outs. Baseball outfielders are jokes compared to cricket outfielders- giant glove is easy to catch with. And their physical standards are bettered by 99% bowlers in cricket. Kohli/Jadeja are fitter than 99% baseball players.

(1) Cricket ball comes at you slow, it maybe at 95 mph but when it hit the ground it slows quiet a bit. You get more time to react. (2) On baseball there is only drag acting when pitched which barely slows down by 10% when it reaches batter. Cricket ball has drag, imparts energy to ground and then gravity acting against it. Cricket balls may slow down as much as 40% when reaching batsman. (3) Slowdown means lot of reaction time. If anything ground helps the batsman. (4) Cricket ball cannot have the same movement in air as a baseball. Cricket ball has one seam which forces the bowl to deviate to left or right. Baseball has a eight seam and it can do a corkscrew motion and you have to handle all that at warp speed. Cricket ball based on laws of physics cannot do corkscrew. Please grow up. (
there is far less motion possible in baseball than a cricket-ball through the air, because fluid dynamics inherently gives a greater deviation when airflow is disrupted on axial basis (such as in a cricket ball) than a non-axial basis ( baseball). baseball can corkscrew. But it sure cant swing as much as a cricket ball can. because of the axial symetry a cricket ball can dip more in the air than a baseball too.

there is far less motion possible in baseball than a cricket-ball through the air' date=' because fluid dynamics inherently gives a greater deviation when airflow is disrupted on axial basis (such as in a cricket ball) than a non-axial basis ( baseball). baseball can corkscrew. But it sure cant swing as much as a cricket ball can. because of the axial symetry a cricket ball can dip more in the air than a baseball too.[/quote'] Seam of 8 cuts the air in multiple direction whereas single seam deviates left and right only. There is no equivalent of corkscrew motion in cricket.

He knows absolutely nothing about cricket and thinks baseball is the ideal sport to learn from. A soft ball delivered as a full toss is supposedly hard to hit in his world compared to a bouncer. I don't know why this loser even joined a cricket forum.
Because I like cricket more. yes baseball is the hardest thing to hit.

Throwing a baseball pitch and throwing from the outfield are not the same motion. There is no real analog to baseball pitches in cricket, so brett lee was a poor test subject. When you throw from the outfield, you go for a parabolic curve. Not a straight one. When you do use a straight line field throw in cricket, its almost always overhead, not side-winder baseball style. Mate, wtf are you on about ? everyone has to run between bases in baseball, depending on the batting order and dismissals/walks. including the fat guy who is a slugger. Err high school track team members are fitter than 99% baseball players. False. Triple play is something that happens in baseball but there is also relay throws in cricket leading to run-outs. Baseball outfielders are jokes compared to cricket outfielders- giant glove is easy to catch with. And their physical standards are bettered by 99% bowlers in cricket. Kohli/Jadeja are fitter than 99% baseball players.
Most of the muscle group used in throwing action is the same. Bret Lee was the fastest that is why he was offered an opportunity. Yes the hitters do. Some are fast some are slow but the average speeds are astounding. People who dont make the cut are faster than most of the cricket players. The speed and accuracy of triple play is amazing. This is not personal.

Because I like cricket more. yes baseball is the hardest thing to hit.
it's becoz baseball batters are swingling blindly to chucking. In cricket, you can touch the ball and do nothing. A cricketer can play baseball without practice. A baseball player can't play cricket without learning the basics. He would crap his pants at the sight of a cannon ball rising from the gound directed at your ribs/box/belly/chest/head.

Graham Gooch was one of the first cricket player I observed who started taking baseball stance to cut down on reaction time.
Cricket evolved from Test Cricket. You would be an imbecile to take up a baseball stance in a test match. 'Batting' in baseball has one objective - swing hard. Cricket is much more multi-dimensional.