For Indian Cricket to improve learn from US Baseball

Midfielder

Gilchrist did adopt some baseball hitting techniques that helped him in the WC final 2007 and first few seasons of IPL when he was hugely successful......there are some things we can definitely adapt. Could be useful for T20 Atleast. Also Aussies during their peak era did adopt some outfield throwing techniques from baseball. Apart from that cricket requires a lot more skill
Mostly agree but cricket requires different skill.

Cricket does not require any more skill than any other sport.
Well Cricket easily requires a lot more skill than baseball. First of all batting is not simply swinging blindly at a ball and then look up to the sky and pray. Chucking the ball is a lot lot easier than bowling overarm down 22 yards. The art of spin......never mind the fact that its a sport even americans are beginning to give up on shows the general direction baseball is heading.
No cricket player in Indian team can pass a benchmark fitness test of baseball.
Not a single pitcher in baseball history will survive the pressure of bowling in a 5 day test, sending down 300 odd deliveries. Their steroid fuelled bodies will crumble after the first two days itself. Also there are plenty of rotund baseball players, many of whom will give Stuart Binny a run for his money!!
Even one of the famous chappel kids tried all his life to play baseball but could not make it.
Who was the 'famous' kid never heard of and dont care!! Chappels are hardly the benchmark in anything, India got rid of a chappel as well. OZs should leave baseball to illegal hispanics.
Once again repeat after me' date=' baseball is the hardest thing to hit.[/quote'] Now its evident how you filled your head with such nonsense.......kept repeating after some fool I see. Try and understand in this part of the world we tend to go to schools and learn to reason. Once you pluck your head from your backside things will be a lot more clearer!!

The only thing harder in baseball than cricket is to bunt a ball (aka pick up a single): its much harder to control deflections and given that you have to run, there is no second chance to do it right. Otherwise, everything in baseball is easier. Pitching is easier than bowling. But its not really a fair comparison because its like comparing a 100m runner to a 5k runner. Pitching in baseball is about pitching 45-50 perfect pitches at most. in cricket you bowl atleast as much and sometimes, far far more. Plus, bowling in cricket is far more skilled, since you can do so much more with the ball but cannot compromise accuracy. yes, making contact with a baseball bat and ball is harder but it is a simpler consideration. The batter in baseball is at all times thinking of a home run or at most, a bunt only 10% of the times. In baseball all home runs are a product of essentially one stroke (the swipe0. A cricket batter is thinking of dozen different strokes he could be playing depeding on where the ball is pitching and what it is doing, which is essentially, a more complicated thought process. And lets not even start with fielding. Baseball fielders are athletic but so are Indian fielders. I doubt there are very many baseball fielders who could out-run azharuddin, kaif, yuvraj(pre-cancer), Jadeja, Kohli, etc. and catching a cricket ball with bare hands is exponentially harder than catching a softer & bigger baseball with giant mittens. Having said that, there are things cricketers could learn from baseball. baseball's drills are excellent at breeding hand-eye coordination. and bowlers can learn about grips and releases (though good luck replicating them as they are chucks in cricket and most things cannot be replicated because your fingers & wrist move different when elbow is locked(or supposed to be locked)) Particularly, it is possible for spinners to learn new ways of generating drift & for pacers to generate swing.

Chucking the ball is a lot lot easier than bowling overarm down 22 yards. The art of spin......
my god you are clueless. so I will school you. two seam fastball, four seam fast ball, slider, curveball, knuckleball, changeup, there are a lot more variations in throwing a baseball. rest of your post is equally stupid. but baby steps for you.

Pitching in baseball is about pitching 45-50 perfect pitches at most. in cricket you bowl atleast as much and sometimes, far far more. Plus, bowling in cricket is far more skilled, since you can do so much more with the ball but cannot compromise accuracy.
let me guess, you watched a 5 minute baseball tutorial on youtube and decided to comment anyway. learn the game first. you cant compromise accuracy in baseball, if you do you walk batters (look up what a walk is on youtube) and the manager will pull you out of the game within 20-30 pitches.

let me guess' date=' you watched a 5 minute baseball tutorial on youtube and decided to comment anyway. learn the game first. you cant compromise accuracy in baseball, if you do you walk batters (look up what a walk is on youtube) and the manager will pull you out of the game within 20-30 pitches.[/quote'] The game is simple, you bat and ball and run bases. Tada! that is baseball. Now off to a new sport.

my god you are clueless. so I will school you. two seam fastball' date=' four seam fast ball, slider, curveball, knuckleball, changeup, there are a lot more variations in throwing a baseball. rest of your post is equally stupid. but baby steps for you.[/quote'] Dear bllalalah, Try throwing a ball and then delivering one down 22 yards. Then speak!! There are plenty of variations when delivering the cricket ball as well, so much so its separated into two departments spin and pace. Here goes, baby steps into cricket!! Reason with rest of my post rather than weeping!!

Well Cricket easily requires a lot more skill than baseball. First of all batting is not simply swinging blindly at a ball and then look up to the sky and pray. Chucking the ball is a lot lot easier than bowling overarm down 22 yards. The art of spin......never mind the fact that its a sport even americans are beginning to give up on shows the general direction baseball is heading. Not a single pitcher in baseball history will survive the pressure of bowling in a 5 day test, sending down 300 odd deliveries. Their steroid fuelled bodies will crumble after the first two days itself. Also there are plenty of rotund baseball players, many of whom will give Stuart Binny a run for his money!! Who was the 'famous' kid never heard of and dont care!! Chappels are hardly the benchmark in anything, India got rid of a chappel as well. OZs should leave baseball to illegal hispanics. Now its evident how you filled your head with such nonsense.......kept repeating after some fool I see. Try and understand in this part of the world we tend to go to schools and learn to reason. Once you pluck your head from your backside things will be a lot more clearer!!
Clearly an ignorant crap from flat earther. Baseball has lot more variation than you can even comprehend. Baseball is thriving and doing great. I dont know where you come up with the crap. Not a sinle cricket player can make it through the conditioning camp of baseball. This chappel kid was fit to play cricket for Australia but got cut by blue jays just like that. Once again a dimwit like you needs to understand hitting the baseball is the hardest thing to do in the world.

The only thing harder in baseball than cricket is to bunt a ball (aka pick up a single): its much harder to control deflections and given that you have to run, there is no second chance to do it right. Otherwise, everything in baseball is easier. Pitching is easier than bowling. But its not really a fair comparison because its like comparing a 100m runner to a 5k runner. Pitching in baseball is about pitching 45-50 perfect pitches at most. in cricket you bowl atleast as much and sometimes, far far more. Plus, bowling in cricket is far more skilled, since you can do so much more with the ball but cannot compromise accuracy. yes, making contact with a baseball bat and ball is harder but it is a simpler consideration. The batter in baseball is at all times thinking of a home run or at most, a bunt only 10% of the times. In baseball all home runs are a product of essentially one stroke (the swipe0. A cricket batter is thinking of dozen different strokes he could be playing depeding on where the ball is pitching and what it is doing, which is essentially, a more complicated thought process. And lets not even start with fielding. Baseball fielders are athletic but so are Indian fielders. I doubt there are very many baseball fielders who could out-run azharuddin, kaif, yuvraj(pre-cancer), Jadeja, Kohli, etc. and catching a cricket ball with bare hands is exponentially harder than catching a softer & bigger baseball with giant mittens. Having said that, there are things cricketers could learn from baseball. baseball's drills are excellent at breeding hand-eye coordination. and bowlers can learn about grips and releases (though good luck replicating them as they are chucks in cricket and most things cannot be replicated because your fingers & wrist move different when elbow is locked(or supposed to be locked)) Particularly, it is possible for spinners to learn new ways of generating drift & for pacers to generate swing.
Hitting baseball is the hardest thing to do. You need infinitely more hand eye coordination than cricket. Let us do the math instead of arguing. Cricket bat surface area is approx 160 sq in. baseball is like hitting a bullet with bullet. You barely get 2 square inches to hit baseball. Even if you look at the simple math nos you have 80 times more surface area to hit the ball. That is why it gets lot more difficult. Now if you throw in some fluid dynamics the baseball is lot more complex than cricket ball but that is another topic.

Dear bllalalah, Try throwing a ball and then delivering one down 22 yards. Then speak!! There are plenty of variations when delivering the cricket ball as well, so much so its separated into two departments spin and pace. Here goes, baby steps into cricket!! Reason with rest of my post rather than weeping!!
Look at a baseball and then read some fluid dynamics. You will understand how difficult a baseball is to play. It is all physics and math and numbers, not rhetoric.

my god you are clueless. so I will school you. two seam fastball' date=' four seam fast ball, slider, curveball, knuckleball, changeup, there are a lot more variations in throwing a baseball. rest of your post is equally stupid. but baby steps for you.[/quote'] LOL NO MATTER WHAT YOU NAME IT THEY ARE ALL CHUCKING. You are a big fan girly games like baseball aren't you :cantstop:

LOL NO MATTER WHAT YOU NAME IT THEY ARE ALL CHUCKING. You are a big fan girly games like baseball aren't you :cantstop:
whoa you just convinced me with the ALL CAPS! baseball should bring in its fences to about 70 meters from 130 meters so that all ipl folks can play this girly game. wait its called the little league and ipl players will fit right in it.

whoa you just convinced me with the ALL CAPS! baseball should bring in its fences to about 70 meters from 130 meters so that all ipl folks can play this girly game. wait its called the little league and ipl players will fit right in it.
Dude i am from a city that won world series twice in the last 6 years.. i know what is baseball, i have seen it live in the stadium. lol don't lecture me on baseball and its qualities :cantstop:

What makes you an expert then? lol. you play for any major league? or you just google all the words vomit here?
ive been following the mlb season for a decade now. to give you an idea of how tough it is to pitch in baseball, MLB had a tryout in india for pitchers and two were selected out of a millions. and guess what, they are languishing in the minor leagues and have no prayer of getting into the majors