Ashok Dinda can't wait anymore to don the RCB jersey at IPL 7

urbestfriend

You are coming from a good outing in the domestic season, and the IPL is upon us. You must be in top shape. Yes, I am very much happy with my performance in the domestic tournaments. I have experimented with my bowling and have got the results. I took 40 wickets in the Ranji Trophy and continued with the same in Syed Mushtaq Ali and the Vijay Hazare as well. I will try to carry the momentum in the IPL as well. ALSO SEE Yuvraj bought by RCB for Rs 14 crore You represented Pune Warriors in IPL 6 and now you will be wearing the RCB jersey. How do you look at that change? Playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore will be altogether a different experience. Our batting is solid but the charge of the bowling will be in my hand as Zaheer bhai is not with RCB now. It will be another challenge for me. Wining the trophy for RCB this season will be my main goal. Honestly, there is no plan in Twenty20 cricket. A batsman goes with the mindset to hit the ball across the boundary ropes and a bowler with an aim of taking wickets with a healthy economy rate. ALSO SEE Yuvraj all set for RCB challenge Did you expect RCB bidding for you? Well, anything is possible in IPL auction. Any team can go for any player. Royal Challengers Bangalore is one of the best teams in the IPL. But honestly, I didn't expect a call from RCB. Obviously, I was happy after getting to know that RCB bid for me. Now I have to perform for my IPL team. How was your experience with Pune Warriors India last year? What will you do new this season with RCB? Pune Warriors was like a Bengali family. I had a good experience with them. Unfortunately, the team is not a part of this season. Pune played very good cricket last year but were unlucky. We lost many matches that ended in close finishes. Despite having players like Aaron Finch, Angelo Mathews, Steven Smith, Luke Wright and Yuvraj bhai, Pune Warriors slumped badly. Undoubtedly, we had a strong team. We gave a good fight but luck didn't favour us. But, I was satisfied with my performance. For me, I want to be the best in death-over bowling. I have practiced a lot in the nets and sweated out for many hours just to bowl in the last overs of the match. You will be playing with the likes of Yuvraj Singh, Virat Kohli and Chris Gayle - thoughts? I am pretty excited to play with them. I have already played with many RCB players. Virat Kohil is my very good friend. I have played with him in the Indian team. I and Chris Gayle played together in Kolkata Knight Riders and I am delighted to play with him again. Yuvi paaji will also be there. He was also a part of Pune Warriors last year. I can't wait anymore to don the RCB jersey now. Yuvraj Singh was criticised for his poor batting in World Twenty20 final in Bangladesh. Do you think he will be able to hit back in IPL, and will there be any pressure on him as he is the most expensive player of IPL 7? No comments on this. Yuvraj is a legend. He can turn the tide at any point of time. He is a badshah [emperor] of Twenty20 cricket. Cricket fans have a short memory. How can they forget the 2007 World Cup T20 and the most coveted 2011 World Cup! Remember how he clobbered Stuart Broad for six sixes in 2007 World T20. In the 2011 World Cup, Yuvraj was the Man of the Series. It is cricket and anything can happen here. Sri Lanka were brilliant in their bowling. He has achieved everything. He has made a comeback after suffering from cancer. We should respect and support him rather criticise. I am sure Yuvi paaji will have a gala time in the IPL and he will be a key player for Royal Challengers Bangalore. Zaheer Khan will not be there in RCB, so you will be a key member of the fast bowling department along with Mitchell Starc and Varun Aaron. Your comments? Undoubtedly RCB have a solid batting line-up. We have the likes of our captain Virat, devastating Chris Gayle and the perfect AB de Villiers. Our bowling department is also perfect, though we will surely miss Zaheer bhai, but I am ready to take the challenge. I bowled well last season. Playing for Pune Warriors, I had spearheaded the bowling alongside Bhuvneshwar Kumar. I was given the opportunity to bowl in the death overs by bowling coach Allan Donald. I, Varun Aaron and Mitchell Starc will be there in the pace department this time. Our spin department will be bolstered by the legendary Muttiah Muralitharan. Even Yuvraj will be there as a spinner; he is superb in T20 cricket. RCB are a balanced side. You share really good relation with Allan Donald and he will be again there as bowling coach for you. AD [Allan Donald] and I are very close. We know each other from the last three years. I have learnt a lot under him. Last year, he was the bowling coach of Pune Warriors. I am lucky to have him as a coach at RCB again. AD had put trust in me last year. I still remember his comments, "Man, you will have to bowl in the death overs and I am sure you will do it and only you can do it." He had always asked me to bowl in death overs. I will have a great time with him again. His guidance will help me to take the challenge. What about the comeback to Team India? Do you think about it? I can just give my best on the field and rest is up to the selectors. I had a good domestic season and I am pretty happy with my performance. I will try to take more wickets in the IPL. Hope I will return to India squad soon. It will be one of my aims.
:nervous::nervous: :((:((

He will become good buy for :rcb:
what really pissed me off reading this is that he claims to be the spearhead of the attack. There is confidence and then there is delusion. I would not have an issue if Dinda said " i have two ipl seasons in which i have been below par.Hope to turn it around this season"

what really pissed me off reading this is that he claims to be the spearhead of the attack. There is confidence and then there is delusion. I would not have an issue if Dinda said " i have two ipl seasons in which i have been below par.Hope to turn it around this season"
RCB bought Dinda for Rs 1.50 crore, a hike of Rs 50 lakh from his base price. The pacer, however, expected more. “Money-wise, I am a bit unhappy… I was expecting a bit more. However, that RCB picked me up made up for my dissatisfaction. It is a fantastic team, if not the best. I believe there will be good camaraderie in the side… I feel other teams will be under pressure when they face us.”]
Yet he expected to be brought for more:giggle: