India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

Both team are equally bad in test.India has a chance to win if the team is selected properly
I dont agree mate. England is one of the best in tests. Just their luck is not with them. In the ashes they are outclassed just because of MJ, Ryano and some fellas.

I'll be watching Kohli's performance with great interest during this series. He is all set to raise his status to the best in the world , but if he failed, we'll be quick to and would love to rate him as another FTB. from India. My gut feelings, he will make > 400 runs with at least 2 centuries.

You do know there is a written language to communicate.
We couldn't beat New Zealand :cantstop: We managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory there. You expect us to beat England in England? :omg: The only thing different from the 2011 tour will be that we will manage a couple of draws and the margin of the losses wont be as huge
We couldn't beat New Zealand :cantstop: We managed to snatch a draw from the jaws of victory there. You expect us to beat England in England? :omg: The only thing different from the 2011 tour will be that we will manage a couple of draws and the margin of the losses wont be as huge
+1

England in England is no joke- even the current Saffie/Aussie side will struggle to beat (but will beat) England in England. I think we are going to lose 3-0 or 3-1. The only way we win a test in England is if our bowling attack is something like: Ashwin/Jadeja-Yadav-Shami-Bhuvi/Pandey/Ishant/Zaheer But Yadav-Shami are a must.

England in England is no joke- even the current Saffie/Aussie side will struggle to beat (but will beat) England in England. I think we are going to lose 3-0 or 3-1. The only way we win a test in England is if our bowling attack is something like: Ashwin/Jadeja-Yadav-Shami-Bhuvi/Pandey/Ishant/Zaheer But Yadav-Shami are a must.
Why not aaron instead of zak and ishant. I do think he will do well there
Very close to beating New Zealand. Should have beaten SA. This team is real close in winning. have faith
Why not aaron instead of zak and ishant. I do think he will do well there
because Aaron needs to do more to earn a test spot. Pure and simple. Yes, he can bowl fast. But fast and gun-barrel straight in England without much bounce will get you 20-1-90-1 kinda figures. Zaheer/Ishant for 3rd seamer is a safer bet than Aaron. Mind you, I'd prefer Bhuvi as third seamer. I'd like to see Bhuvi-Yadav-Shami all three 'open' the bowling by being rotated so they each get atleast 5 of the first 20 overs (and all three getting the first 20). Or something like that. But down the pecking order, must be Zaheer and Ishant, in that order. Zaheer coz, well, if he can get the ball to swing in England, he will be effective- even at his slow speed. But Bhuvi is a safer bet, definitely so for the opening & new ball overs, so he has to come after Bhuvi. Ishant is next. The guy is not a worldclass player but lets face reality: he has enough experience and skills to be in the mix for the third seamer in tests option. And to be honest, he deserves a chance. He did bowl pretty well in NZ and it would be totally unprofessional to drop a player immediately after he has a good series. Plus, Ishant is a 'lesser analog' of Yadav, one could argue (both are hit the deck hard bowlers who rely on bounce. Ishant more so, Yadav less so and do well when they keep the ball on offstump or outside off line). Next in the pecking order should be Pankaj Singh- especially if he is picked in and does well in the A tour. he is type 'Ishant/Yadav' bowler who allegedly is decently fast and hits the deck hard. Or Pandey, who is similar and perhaps can do similar things.

Ultimately, our goal IMO should not be to field the best XI to win the series. because we need to face reality and realize we are not ready yet to beat England in England. Give them some credit, they are professionals too and would come at us hard. They just crashed horribly on their quest for 'one of the top 2 teams in tests' and would be trying to prove a point by beating the crap out of us. So, our focus should be to field competetive teams while maximizing our exposure & experience to the new test team. Its hard to believe that just two-three years after, when the least experienced middle order bat had 90-odd tests under his belt, our most experienced member of the middle order would have less than 30. To win 5 or 4 test series in England/Australia with this kind of rawness would be both unrealistic and too much expectations on our budding team. We should realize that with the last two series vs NZ and RSA included, by the time we finish the Aussie tour, we'd have played 13 tests overseas, in non-Asian conditions. This is the prime time to farm experience. We need to ensure that whatever happens in terms of results, we emerge from the Australia tour as a test side who have: a) atleast a clear #1 opening pair b) atleast two worldclass middle order batsmen c) atleast 1 pace spearhead for the next 4-5 years d) atleast 1 clear-cut spinner who we'd invest in till a great spin option emerges. Without these 4 criterias being satisfied by approximately this time next year, for our test side, we will have no realistic hope of competing with RSA/AUS/ENG over the next 3-5 years. As it stands right now, we are closest to achieving criteria b), thanks to Pujara and Kohli (though make no mistake, they have not fully satisfied the criteria yet. If both Kohli and Pujara end up averaging less than 45 in the next two series on the trot, we are in a whole world of hurt). criteria a) should pan out if we manage the situation well. We have Vijay-Dhawan as our default combo but if either of them falters significantly, we can find an effective combo by trying our other opening options in Rahane or recycle the likes of Sehwag-Gambhir if the proper circumstances arise or heck, even take the extreme step of blooding chand. But i think that criteria a) should be a 50-50 bet at worst in working out. criteria c)- a pace spearhead- does seem wishful thinking at this point but if we are prepared to take some bold decisions and back our players, we should get atleast a decent pace spearhead option out of Shami, Yadav, Pankaj, Pandey, Bhuvi or rather unlikely but possibly: Ishant. criteria d) is the most depressing one as an Indian fan, its our traditional strength and not for a stretch in the mid-late 1980s did we go through a rather astonishing phase of having no real spin talent. Both Ashwin and Jadeja may yet turn out to be worldclass but I don't think they will turn out in the 'great' category. However, both present hypothetical batting benefits and that increases their value until a real spinner emerges and blows apart the opposition in FC cricket Kumble-Doshi style.

Very close to beating New Zealand. Should have beaten SA. This team is real close in winning. have faith
Yes, with the proper tinkering, we are real close to winning a test or two-or, even if I am pleasantly wrong in my wildest dreams, three tests in the ENG-AUS tour. But you are kidding yourself if you think we are going to win either of the next two series. Ain't gonna happen unless we feed them some questionable curry or bad saurkraaut.