India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014

India Tour of England, June-Sept 2014  

1. 1.

• 3 seamers + Binny
    • 3 seamers + Jadeja & Ashwin (-a batsman)
    • 4 seamers + Ashwin or Jadeja (-a batsman)

Cook ke achchey din aaney waaley hain...
After Cook's first innings, Shastri will be " This century has done a world of good..I see cook scoring tons of runs in this series"....Shastri mere bhai even 'to go' against an out of form Cook you need bowlers of least county level. These bowlers are struggling to get out 2nd string county sides.

India vs England 1st test, Trent Bridge - Pre match discussion The match awaited England tour begins in a week time at Trent Bridge, Nottingham. We are back to a country where we couldn't win a single game last time. With a younger side, the expectations are high specially with the world cup around. India currently on a losing streak of 10-0 in overseas. Will it be 15-0 at the end of this series or can we resurrect. If the warm ups are an indication our future looks very gloom in this series. But dear ICF'ers lets not lose hope. Remember, the game is not lost until the last bowl is bowled :two_thumbs_up::two_thumbs_up: Lets discuss about the possible team combinations, strategies and the pain areas to focus on. Poll added

If we are 10-12 for 0 in losses, whats the harm in playing 5 bowlers? We are always playing with 4 and fail to get the job done - msd scared of over rate fines, wants batsmen, "we dont have an allrounder" Just get 20 wickets and bat well. You have dravid as a mentor. If we win a few games, then we can drop a seamer and go for a draw as a last resort if needed, i.e. if batting has collapsed. Bowlers: Shami, Pandey, Pankaj, Aaron and Jadeja/Ashwin. Which batsman to drop? The least performing one: rohit. Get ashwin in, bat at 6 with rahane at 5 then thats virtually 6 solid batsmen. Dhoni at 7, then 4 pacers. But ashwin has to attack. Best chance of 20 wickets tbh. My xi: Dhawan, Vijay (add GG if he fails), pujara, kohli, rahane, ashwin, dhoni, aaron, shami, pandey, pankaj Strategies: Go for wickets, really swing it and bowl to a good area consistently and bring those slips into play. No really long spells. Keep everyone fresh. Attack with ashwin (bring fielders in) - so no easy singles.

is this guy Shastri gone nuts ,how is cook under pressure and Dhobi not under any pressure. Dhobi is one of the most useless non performing captains ever.
Somebody should remind retards like Shastri that Cook ACTUALLY won an away series in India and made a fool out of Dhoni. While Dhoni last won an away series v a major team in.....erm when was that again?
If we are 10-12 for 0 in losses, whats the harm in playing 5 bowlers? We are always playing with 4 and fail to get the job done - msd scared of over rate fines, wants batsmen, "we dont have an allrounder" Just get 20 wickets and bat well. You have dravid as a mentor. If we win a few games, then we can drop a seamer and go for a draw as a last resort if needed, i.e. if batting has collapsed. Bowlers: Shami, Pandey, Pankaj, Aaron and Jadeja/Ashwin. Which batsman to drop? The least performing one: rohit. Get ashwin in, bat at 6 with rahane at 5 then thats virtually 6 solid batsmen. Dhoni at 7, then 4 pacers. But ashwin has to attack. Best chance of 20 wickets tbh. My xi: Dhawan, Vijay (add GG if he fails), pujara, kohli, rahane, ashwin, dhoni, aaron, shami, pandey, pankaj Strategies: Go for wickets, really swing it and bowl to a good area consistently and bring those slips into play. No really long spells. Keep everyone fresh. Attack with ashwin (bring fielders in) - so no easy singles.
I would also play 5 bowlers but then would play both Ashwin and Jadeja to compensate no.7 batting. Problem with 4 seamers is our tail virtually starts at 7.

Well ideally we should be going in with 4 pacers + a spinner. Looking at how Dhoni selects his team though. It will mostly be the same 3.5 bowlers. If by chance he does go for a 5th bowling option, it'd be either Ashwin or Binny. Both will be useless.

It won't make a difference. You can tweak combinations/numbers if you know what to expect from your bowlers. What can we possibly expect from these guys? Our most experienced fast bowler either bowls short and wide garbage or no balls. Maybe the best bowler in Shami has a calf strain and may not be fully fit. Bhuvi is a nothing bowler without a new ball in his hand. Aaron has pace, but that's it, no real movement/accuracy. A spinner who doesn't really spin the ball and another who has a poor record outside of India. I wasn't expecting miracles, just hoping that at least two/three bowlers could bowl consistently in right areas so at least you can set a field, tie down both ends and put pressure on some of England's inexperienced/out of form batsmen, just like Lankans did but outside of Pankaj none of these bowlers has shown any consistency and Shami is injured.

Sid Monga in cricinfo reckons its Bhuv,Shami,Ishant,Jadeja dudes we are phucked...lol
based on the past yeah.. but by practice matches hell no! if thats the combo, then why has pankaj toiled hard and got early breakthroughs only for ishant and co to muck it up? pandey did well too, this cant be ignored. logic - ishant struggled against lowest county sides, so shouldnt be in 1st test. just look at his avg! 55 in england i think.