speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

In two matches one thing is sure' date='you need a bit of extra pace on these pitches.Trundlers like Vinay/Dinda will be canon fodder.[/quote'] Yes....teams that has good fast bowlers have an edge...atleast until the tournament moves to India. That's why tomorrow KXIP will win :pray:

When Varun Aaron clocked 153 kmph in a Ranji Trophy game back in the 2010-11 season, everyone got a feeling India had finally unearthed a talented fast bowler. A bowler who could generate genuine pace even on flat tracks. That he did and still continues to do so. This intent to bowl fast, as he claims, comes from his father who inspired him to take up pace bowling. On Thursday night at a packed stadium in Sharjah, Varun Aaron bowled with a lot of venom and made the going tough for the Delhi Daredevils batsmen. He got a wicket off his very first ball in IPL 2014, and later, caught JP Duminy off-guard with a 145 kmph bouncer. “I couldn’t have asked for a better start to the IPL. Getting a wicket first ball was a great feeling.” Aaron said, while speaking to IPLT20.com after Royal Challengers Bangalore’s comprehensive eight-wicket win over the Daredevils. Aaron ended up with the most economical figures in the game, conceding just nine runs in his three overs with a wicket to his name and was happy that his side kicked off their campaign with a win.“It is great to start on a winning note and to win so convincingly is a really good feeling. I am sure it would have done a world of good for everyone’s confidence.” Aaron was part of the Indian World T20 squad, in Bangladesh. He got a couple of warm-up games, but had to sit out for the rest of the tournament. This brought in him the vigour to perform the moment he got an opportunity. “I was really looking forward to this first game in the IPL. I sat out for the entire World T20, and it was not easy. I was very eager to get out in the middle and bowl well. I am glad it came out well today. My intention was to bowl well and help our team to a victory.” The 24-year-old pacer made full use of the wicket that had a lot to offer for the fast bowlers. But Aaron knows it isn’t going to be a bed of roses for him in the competition. “It was a nice batting track and had a nice carry, which I like. Having said that, I am not going to get fast bowling friendly tracks in these T20 games, but it is encouraging to see a wicket with a lot of carry like that.” Some fast bowlers tend to get wayward with their line and length while looking to generate pace and Aaron is aware of the fact that he cannot get carried away by speed alone. “If you are playing at the highest level, you have to have everything in your armoury. Bowling fast alone will not help you. You have to bowl in the right areas to be a good bowler. Bowling fast comes naturally to me and I don’t really think about the pace aspect too much. If you can bowl fast, it is always an added advantage and a bonus.” It has been a common phenomenon that most fast bowlers in India tend to reduce their pace to focus on line and length. But Aaron believes he will never stop bowling fast. “I have had five stress fractures and still haven’t cut down on pace and I don’t think I ever will.”
http://www.iplt20.com/news/2014/features/4506/on-the-fast-lane-with-varun-aaron

Bumrah is just 20 and he might be bowling at same pace of Aaron/Umesh in next 2-3 years. He is a natural and raw. Umesh bowled at the same pace in 2009 at his Duleep debut what Bumrah is bowling now.
I was really impressed by Bumrah in the televised zonal match. Consistently aroynd 140 k and accurate too. Plus, he is a wicket taker. Looking forward to seeing him in the IPL.