Sign in to follow this  
vishalvirsingh

speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

Except Srinath looked genuinely faster and often beat the batsmen for pace' date=' something I am yet to see Umesh and Aaron do[/quote'] Both have done that too. Even in this IPL, they have hurried the batsmen on these slow pitches. Umesh did it plenty in Australia in tests. Srinath's weapon was bounce and not just pace. Bounce is what discomforts the batsmen more than just pace. Other than that, now, we rarely get fast and bouncy pitches like those days even overseas .

I think Umesh and Aaron are quicker on average, as they use pace mostly( UY uses swing in tests). Srinath probably could have been as quick or marginally quicker when needed, but might have relied more on bounce as he was pretty tall 6'3 -4" there abouts. But all three are fast not express i'd say. But Srinath was second quickest in the world at some point in time, cant say that about UY or Aaron..they are more like 5-8 in the world in terms of speed of effort deliveries..there are a couple of SA, an army of Aus and couple of windies who bowl faster effort balls than them.

I think Umesh and Aaron are quicker on average' date=' as they use pace mostly( UY uses swing in tests). Srinath probably could have been as quick or marginally quicker when needed, but might have relied more on bounce as he was pretty tall 6'3 -4" there abouts. But all three are fast not express i'd say. But Srinath was second quickest in the world at some point in time, cant say that about UY or Aaron..they are more like 5-8 in the world in terms of speed of effort deliveries..there are a couple of SA, an army of Aus and couple of windies who bowl faster effort balls than them.[/quote'] The reason, there were not many genuine pacers at that time.

how good was umesh today ? interms of speed
Bowled 139 to 144 k. Really bowled well and ended up with 3 for 13 in 4 overs. He was going for control today and was obviously bowling well within himself. Bowled a good mixture of outswingers, offcutters, slower deliveries and bouncers.

To quick For Selection:--D
:hysterical::hysterical:
Bowled 139 to 144 k. Really bowled well and ended up with 3 for 13 in 4 overs. He was going for control today and was obviously bowling well within himself. Bowled a good mixture of outswingers, offcutters, slower deliveries and bouncers.
:two_thumbs_up:

Sign in to follow this  

Guest, sign in to access all features.