speed and performance of indian pacers in ipl

vishalvirsingh

Yadav bowling bouncer to Yuvi @135ks?He clearly hit 146 today then why the hell he bowled a slow bouncer? Yadav needs to be told to go flat out just like Aaron has been set free by Kohli.
He has developed a cluttered mind after he has been dropped time and again. His thinking is not clear right now, what he wants to do.

Also you could see after every over Kohli going over to Aaron and motivating him more and more ..in sports nothing is more important than confidence and no one can give you more confidence than your captain .. Not making excuse for umesh he bowled some crap deliveries which had nothing to do with captain just my observation on Aaron he looks like part of team under Kohli ..

He is confused whether to concentrate on line and length or bowl flat out fast.
Aaron seemed to be bowling quick and also to a plan.. I don't think bowlers have to do just the one thing. Unless you are a 150-155kph bowler like Johnson, you need to have some kind of plan

Aaron seemed to be bowling quick and also to a plan.. I don't think bowlers have to do just the one thing. Unless you are a 150-155kph bowler like Johnson, you need to have some kind of plan
I was talking about Umesh. Regarding Aaron, what he is doing is mixing up the lengths and using slower balls in between. He has good pace 145K which is a good pace when pitch has a bit of bounce in it then he uses short ball to good effect with fuller length and back of length deliveries and slower balls every now and then. His bouncers now are going really well after he has gone back to his old action after Asia cup (which he tweaked a bit after his comeback from surgery to avoid stress on back). It has certainly lead to loss of pace about 3-4k pace on average but has got more control. With his new action, he used to bowl more deliveries in 144-150 range, now he is more in 142-147 range. No bowler really bowls 150-155 kph, not even Johnson consistently. Only the likes of Brett Lee, Shoiab, and Tait were used to hit 150-155Kph consistently.

Umesh has lost considerable pace..Aaron has retained his pace. Umesh now is slower than Aaron. And Shami seems to have gained a bit.
As I said, Umesh is confused whether to concentrate on flat out pace or on line and length. I do not think he is hitting his full pace right now. He has not lost pace. He still clocked 145-146 in the last last over yesterday when he wanted. It was his first game, hopefully, he will get better. He needs to work with Akram with regards to his mental make up and bowling planning. Shami got benefited from him.

everyone goes all out its just 4 overs..the unfit ones who conserve much in ODI's bowl much faster in T20's if you see top bowlers they bowl same speed in ODI's and T20 some like Johnson who are super fit bowl same speed even in Test first spells. So Shami who can hit 147 often does not in odi's as he conserves and bowls 136-145 and Bhuv who can hit 137+ often bowls 120+ in ODI since he is super unfit.
You have not been watching our recent ODIs, have you. Super unfit indeed :cantstop: