The BJP thread

kabbirann

It's rather interesting that there is no BJP thread.It's almost like there are no BJP supporters on this site.:winky: Anyway I have been watching Arun Jaitley's campaign in Amritsar and I wonder what prompted him to fight from there instead of Delhi. I have a feeling he is going to lose which would be rather unfortunate as he comes across as a far more acceptable leader than Modi.

Giriraj Singh

"Those opposing Narendra Modi are looking at Pakistan, and such people will have place in Pakistan and not in India,"
"The central government gives subsidy to those who export beef and not to those rearing cows."
:isalute:

I expect AAP to eat into Congress votes...in that state
The Badal Govt is facing anti-incumbency and unpopularity so I think AAP may cut into their votes in some seats as well. But AAP hasn't spent much time and money in Punjab - if they had then they would have been in a much better position there.

You are known by the company you keep. Unless they use illegal methods to save their drug empire ,the Akalis are going down and will take their associates down with them. The same love that India has for the Gandhi's,Punjab has for the Badal's. If the supporters so want,I have no issues if this thread is merged with the Modi thread.

The Badal Govt is facing anti-incumbency and unpopularity so I think AAP may cut into their votes in some seats as well. But AAP hasn't spent much time and money in Punjab - if they had then they would have been in a much better position there.
if you analyse the assembly elections in punjab. Akalis and BJP actually lost a lot of % share of the votes. Yet the akalias managed to win cause they had the right % in the right time Reminds me of the mns and sena in the mumbai region. The problem for Amrinder is that if he loses this, he is buried as the face of congress in punjab. There are a lot of local congress leaders who want him to lose. AAP has the potential to grt 10% across the state and it will be enough for the SAD=BJP to maintain their count from last time and flip one seat.