The BJP thread

kabbirann

BJP unlikely to reach majority mark in Delhi poll' date= AAP to get 28 seats all%20party%20seat.jpgvote%20percent.jpghttp://www.abplive.in/india/2015/01/16/article477989.ece/ABP-News-Nielsen-Opinion-poll-BJP-unlikely-to-reach-majority-mark-in-Delhi-poll-AAP-to-get-28-seats keep in mind this is before Bedi was made the face of the campaign. Even if she adds about 2-3% to the BJP vote share in the city it will push the Delhi BJP over the line surprised by the congress numbers. Might be an anomaly.
Hehe 24% vote hare for the congress...

Hehe 24% vote hare for the congress...
i find this poll very hard to believe on the congress front. In all honestly they have overestimated congress and underestimated AAP. You can tell me the vote share of the congress which was 13.5 % on 12th Jan across two polls basically jumped to 24 % in a week or so. The INC got 15% in the lok sabha polls in May 2014. So they have supposedly improved their position?

Atishi Marlena' date= Alka lamba are two more visible ones. I think shazia will do more harm than good for bjp.
Even Ilmi has a higher profile than these two nobodys, not to mention Kiran Bedi or Jayaprada.
Kiran Bedi as CM can reduce crime against women, feel Delhi women ......... Women in Delhi find her experience as an IPS officer and her administrative qualities best suited for the choice as chief minister. “What works for Kiran Bedi is her ‘crusader’ image, and the fact that she has four decades of experience as an administrator – in the Delhi Police and especially in Tihar Jail. Women are likely to feel that she will work towards their safety,†said Neelanjana Banerjee, Content Head at IndiaPostLive.com and a resident of Mayur Vihar. ........... “Crime against women can be reduced by effective patrolling, a responsive police. Kiran Bedi being a top cop and woman herself is the best person to tackle the menace,†feels Shefali Vaidya, administrator of The Frustrated Indian, a social media page with over half million likes, who stays in Dwarka. “Looking at her administrative qualities, strategic approach and result oriented mindset she is one of the preferred choice to be the CM. Besides this as a woman there are a lot of expectations attached to her in terms of bringing out a robust regime for women safety in the city,†said Anubhuti Kaul, who works for a leading software company and resides in Preet Vihar. “Being a retired IPS officer with an impeccable record, she knows the loopholes of system and I hope if she gets the power she will try to mend the problematic areas of Delhi, women safety being the top priority,†said Rohini based Vasudha Maini. “Since our childhood we have heard stories of Kiran Bedi who became the first woman officer in the IPS and how she fined former prime minister Indira Gandhi for wrongfully parking her car. She is a no nonsense cop and I feel she is the preferred CM choice,†said Nishu Dhwaj, an IT professional in south Delhi. AAP sources also admitted that they were worried at Bedi being projected by the BJP as this would galvanise the BJP cadre. “If they project her as the chief ministerial candidate, then she has the stature to galvanise the BJP cadre. The fact that the AAP has Kejriwal as CM candidate, while the BJP has none had hurt the saffron party’s chances,†a senior leader said. http://indianexpress.com/article/cities/delhi/delhi-elections-kiran-bedis-zero-tolerance-towards-crime-make-her-best-cm-candidate-feel-delhi-women/#sthash.smIzee7R.dpuf

Big question, if AAP fail to win a third of the seats, will they agree to sit in opposition for 5 years? Even if they don't win the elections, AAP-Con will continue to make things difficult for the BJP in the assembly. BJP will need to win 45+ seats if they wish to be truly effective governors.

I have a good chunk of relatives and friends in Delhi, and from what I have heard from them, BJP will get the desired majority and in terms of vote share, there will be a 7-8% difference between AAP and BJP. I expect BJP to lose to 40 seats whereas AAP will have their hands on 22-24 seats. Anything more than that will be a bonus. But BJP will be aiming for a 2/3rd majority in the state.

I have a good chunk of relatives and friends in Delhi' date=' and from what I have heard from them, BJP will get the desired majority and in terms of vote share, there will be a 7-8% difference between AAP and BJP. I expect BJP to lose to 40 seats whereas AAP will have their hands on 22-24 seats. Anything more than that will be a bonus. But BJP will be aiming for a 2/3rd majority in the state.[/quote'] I assume u are middle class...

Big question, if AAP fail to win a third of the seats, will they agree to sit in opposition for 5 years? Even if they don't win the elections, AAP-Con will continue to make things difficult for the BJP in the assembly. BJP will need to win 45+ seats if they wish to be truly effective governors.
they will have municipal elections....in 2017. In that they have a real chance of making gains and winning one of the three municipal corporations. 24260DF900000578-2879841-image-a-4_1418955742687.jpg Source India Today group. CICERO Delhi RCS Tracker Poll- 2015 (Wave - I)

GB' date=' can one expect bjp+ to have 2/3 majority in combined houses (Ls+rs) with partially favourable results in upcoming state elections in next 2 yrs?[/quote'] Yes. Around 70 Rajya Sabha seats will go for election in 2017 and a lot of them will be from BJP ruled states. NDA will then have a majority in both houses of Parliament.

Yes. Around 70 Rajya Sabha seats will go for election in 2017 and a lot of them will be from BJP ruled states. NDA will then have a majority in both houses of Parliament.
You mean 2/3rd maj. ( that will be required for constitutional amendments)...they are expected to get simple majority at the least

Then there is another question that even if they ever get 2/3 rd maj. ' date='will they act on their stand of article 370 n uniform civil code or just keep them as election issue[/quote'] I don't think they will go for it in this term. But work on such a bill will definitely start if NDA gets a 2/3rd majority. Yes, just checked, its 2016 not 2017.