Was Imran Khan a severe and regular ball tamperor?

IMO' date=' all bowlers have done ball tampering at some time or the other. This is happening now also - lots of allegiations against the Saffers and the Poms recently. Imran was a great bowler even without tampering, but his insane bowling records ( at one point in the 80s, he averaged like 14 for four or five years) would not have been possible without tampering more than what other bowlers do.[/quote'] yes definitely based on the data i posted. i am sure that has tarnished his legacy quite a bit in the minds of many admirers of his.
Manoj Prabhakar and Kapil Dev was found tampering the ball in 1993 tour of SL. So Indians also have a history.
Why do you poke your nose in Indian cricket when people are talking about Imran Khan. This is the main reason why you have to be banned. YOu Lankan posters are really annoying. Why don't you talk about ball tampering by SL cricketers like Malinga and chamind Vaas?
yes definitely based on the data i posted. i am sure that has tarnished his legacy quite a bit in the minds of many admirers of his.
At least he admitted it. The batsman has only one life, bowlers have many attempts to dismiss them, so chucking and tampering should never be allowed. Back to school days, we used to play with a cork ball (or a round stone) which was wrapped with cycle tube ( circular pieces cut out from the cycle tube). This ball used to have uneven surface (because only parts of it were covered by the tube, so the tube would project out of the surface) and would seam like crazy after pitching. I can imagine that bad tampering would be like playing with this ball - when some one like Imran delivers it, the results are predictable.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
might be Sachin did tamper the ball or might be he was innocent. any way he was penalised. but it do not hamper his reputation as one of the legendary batsmen of all time because as we all know it has nothing to do with his individual performane as a batsman.but in Imran's case that is not the case.
People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
I saw the videos. Tendulkar never accepted that he did ball tampering. Infact in the videos you posted, Shoaib was openly accepting that he tampered with the ball. Here is the article from cricinfo about Mike Denness incident http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/496743.html Iam quoting specific paragraph from the article In his eyrie Denness saw this and asked to be sent a copy of the recording. What he saw left him in no doubt something untoward had occurred. But lost in the maelstrom that followed was the fact that Tendulkar stood accused of not informing the umpires he was cleaning the ball under Law 42.3 (b), rather than tampering with it
Favorite passtime on an Indian forum' date=' Imran Khan bashing, the man who is recognized in the cricketing world as one of the greatest cricketer ever to play the game.[/quote'] Aamir Sohail, Ravi Shastri ,Mohinder , Maninder , Sandhu, Lamb , Smith , John Reid IAN Botham and the man himself - so 10 cricketers are testimony to this matter. yet you consider it as deliberate Imran bashing so be it.
Favorite passtime on an Indian forum' date=' Imran Khan bashing, the man who is recognized in the cricketing world as one of the greatest cricketer ever to play the game.[/quote'] This is not Imran bashing. The myth needs to be separated from the facts. Should we ignore his cheating? Facts need to come out in the open. One lucky world cup win and you throw the label greatest around so freely. I have no proof but I bet if we dig this man Imran was on steroids too.
Ravi Shastri ' date='Mohinder , Maninder , Sandhu, Lamb , Smith , John Reid IAN Botham and the man himself - so 10 cricketers are testimony to this matter. yet you consider it as deliberate Imran bashing so be it.[/quote'] And why not, these are the Indian cricketers and an English, who suffered most my Imran Khan and his team, they were defeated repeatedly by IK and his team. And , Botham even lost in the court. Grapes are------- !
Penalty for ball tampering is very weak .... if given the opportunity people will do it ... some better than others. At least Imran was man enough to admit it.
penalty for stealing is weaker than killing someone. if given the opportunity, will you steal? :winky:
I saw the videos. Tendulkar never accepted that he did ball tampering. Infact in the videos you posted, Shoaib was openly accepting that he tampered with the ball. Here is the article from cricinfo about Mike Denness incident
Mental hospital main pagal bhi nahi manta kay wo crack hai. :cantstop:
I saw the videos. Tendulkar never accepted that he did ball tampering. Infact in the videos you posted, Shoaib was openly accepting that he tampered with the ball. Here is the article from cricinfo about Mike Denness incident http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/story/496743.html Iam quoting specific paragraph from the article In his eyrie Denness saw this and asked to be sent a copy of the recording. What he saw left him in no doubt something untoward had occurred. But lost in the maelstrom that followed was the fact that Tendulkar stood accused of not informing the umpires he was cleaning the ball under Law 42.3 (b), rather than tampering with it
That's why i say for both Imran and Sachin, their bowling records should be discredited. Their status in legends of cricket should be considered only on the basis of their batting numbers.
And why not' date=' these are the Indian cricketers and an English, who suffered most my Imran Khan and his team, they were defeated repeatedly by IK and his team. And , Botham even lost in the court. Grapes are------- ![/quote'] a lot of the above said cricketers were defeated by WI team as well .so were a lot of cricketers in the entire history of the game who were defeated by some one or other.if it is the case as you said then all of the defeated people from time to time would have come forward and talked in the same lines against the victorious people.but in reality such allegations in the history of the game are very rare.here one man Imran is even accused of guilty by his own country man Sohail himself.what not he himself had admitted to it doing once.