Robin uthappa would perform like maxwell in remaining Ipl

skindia

Uthappa helped gambhir to get his form....hope both opens for india again http://quqster.com/cricket/ipl-2014-uthappa-revelling-in-opening-role-for-kkr?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter The elevation of Robin Uthappa to the role of opening the batting for Kolkata Knight Riders has turned out to be a master stroke in IPL 7. Although he had performed well in the middle order, Uthappa was keen to open the innings for KKR and once he was given the opportunity, the batsman has made the most of it. In his third outing as an opener in IPL 2014, Uthappa scored 47 against the Delhi Daredevils and was involved in a 106-run opening stand with Gautam Gambhir that set up the match in his team’s favour at the Ferozeshah Kotla. Uthappa himself requested Gambhir and the KKR team management to give him the chance to open the innings as coming down the order, he was not getting much scope to build hid knocks. After being promoted to that role, Uthappa has been consistent, scoring 47, 65 and 47 so far as KKR’s opener. In the first two matches, he contributions went in vain but against DD, his innings helped halt KKR's losing streak. "It is good to start the business end of the tournament with a win," said Uthappa after Kolkata's win over Delhi. "We played a few close games where we didn’t quite pull it off. There was a slight lack of self-belief somewhere, but we have got it together now and it is important to get a win. "We had the rub of the green today. I think we were due for that and hopefully lady luck will keep smiling on us," he said in an interview with IPL's official website. Kotla is a small ground and the Delhi wicket gets better to bat on later in the day with teams chasing down big scores. Once Uthappa and Gambhir created a partnership, it was an easy task for KKR to chase down 161 runs target. Uthappa and Gambhir's opening partnership success could very well define KKR's IPL campaign this season. The benefits of having a right-left batting combination in T20s are immense because it doesn’t let the blowers settle down on a line and length. And with both of them aggressive batsmen, it adds to their advantage. Gambhir struggled in the UAE leg of the tournament but with Uthappa at the other end, Gambhir's batting has also flourished. Uthappa has taken the pressure off his captain but taking the lead in scoring. He has shown good understanding with Gambhir and run well between the wickets. Both have looked enjoying each other's company and that camaraderie has helped in laying a good foundation for KKR. "I am loving it! It is where I feel at home; that is my bread and butter. So, I just love opening the batting," said Uthappa. "I am glad that they [KKR] gave me an opportunity and that I have been able to utilise that opportunity in a way that has been meaningful for the team." Uthappa has said in the recent past that he now intends to play 'clean' cricket. In the IPL so far, mentally and skill-wise, Uthappa has looked a different batsman. Technically better than he ever was against the new ball, Uthappa is focusing on not playing reckless shots. If Uthappa can keep his focus and churn out runs at the top for KKR, then it wont be surprising to see Shahrukh Khan's team stringing up more wins in the upcoming matches.