End of RCB for this season ?

philcric

Looks like it. Two games. One a choke that would embarrass even SA. Another, an awful performance all round. Difficult to come back from this. As most of us suspected, Yuvi's buy at the auction may prove to be the costliest mistake ever in the IPL. Not just because Yuvi may (will) flop, but because he's been so costly, RCB made a lot of compromises in their other buys. They've lost out on probably 4 good players (2 indian, 2 foreign). So there just are no good back ups to the first XI. So, Yuvi may lose games for RCB single handedly, but he cannot be dropped. The 14 crore price tag and lack of alternatives. Gayle being unfit will miss out quite a few games, and there's no back ups.

Agree with Yuvi buy though, it cost us decent players. Initially thought if he bats & bowls decently that will be a good option as we never had a good Indian Batsman who can bowl spin. But now it looks like a blunder.

Gayle will be back for matches in India 5 Home matches for RCB in Chinnaswamy Stadium..Perfect short boundaries for their batsmen to score 200+
As long as they thrashed cheeSK I am happy to take 7th position :--D

You really think Gayle will get you out of these sort of mess? RCB is Kohli this time around' date=' Gayle would perform once in a blue moon.[/quote'] You didn't understood.. IPL 2009..RCB lost 4 out of first 6...reached final IPL 2012 even bad Gayle came everything changed.. Kohli did nothing for RCB in 6 years. He was retained as brand. This Yuvi blunder happened because Kohli wanted him in team.

The effect of these 2 games cannot be under estimated. In IPL, where games come around pretty quickly, momentum and confidence are the keys. Losing couple of games is okay, but losing it this way dents the team much more than what we imagine. And Yuvi's situation is an unnecessary distraction for any team. He's not a happy chappie in the best of times. And being the costliest buy, and flopping, not just the lack of runs, but the way he's totally out of his depth to any decent bowling, and sucking the momentum out of batting, it's going to wear down the team.

You didn't understood.. IPL 2009..RCB lost 4 out of first 6...reached final IPL 2012 even bad Gayle came everything changed.. Kohli did nothing for RCB in 6 years. He was retained as brand. This Yuvi blunder happened because Kohli wanted him in team.
Not the same Kohli this time around. Check out RCB's last season for instance- Gayle could barely score after that 170. It was Kohli who performed in crucial matches.

The effect of these 2 games cannot be under estimated. In IPL, where games come around pretty quickly, momentum and confidence are the keys. Losing couple of games is okay, but losing it this way dents the team much more than what we imagine. And Yuvi's situation is an unnecessary distraction for any team. He's not a happy chappie in the best of times. And being the costliest buy, and flopping, not just the lack of runs, but the way he's totally out of his depth to any decent bowling, and sucking the momentum out of batting, it's going to wear down the team.
This is T20 things change pretty fast. Can't overanalyze every thing.

Not the same Kohli this time around. Check out RCB's last season for instance- Gayle's could barely score after that 170. It was Kohli who performed in crucial matches.
That's only few matches. Overall Gayle played far more match winning knocks in 2 years compare to 6 years of Kohli. Rohit,Raina all played far better than Kohli in IPL even though they were no where near to him in International cricket. I am not saying Gayle will come and change everyhting,just saying 2 matches will not end any team.

That's only few matches. Overall Gayle played far more match winning knocks in 2 years compare to 6 years of Kohli. Rohit,Raina all played far better than Kohli in IPL even though they were no where near to him in International cricket. I am not saying Gayle will come and change everyhting,just saying 2 matches will not end any team.
I'm talking about this particular season. Kohli might edge Gayle for RCB. Gayle's form is really poor compared to that of Kohli. Early stage and I'm not replying to the OP. Plenty of games to be played.

I'm talking about this particular season. Kohli might edge Gayle for RCB. Gayle's form is really poor compared to that of Kohli. Early stage and I'm not replying to the OP. Plenty of games to be played.
Kohli already failed in last 3 matches... I am worried about AB, as he is the designated finisher his for is somewhat crucial. Yuvraj we can just ignore & consider as a bonus.