India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014

India tour of Bangladesh, June 2014  

1. 1.

• uthappa
    • raina
    • rahane
    • no one

Disagree. Whoever is performing should get a chance. Look at Misbah' date=' he is the best player they have.[/quote'] even Misbah wont get a chance if Pak had youngsters with potential and performing.We dont have that problem. Viru,GG and Yuvi have to do a LOT more to stake a claim for comeback.The youngsters are matching or bettering them.Its fair they are given a go
even Misbah wont get a chance if Pak had youngsters with potential and performing.We dont have that problem. Viru,GG and Yuvi have to do a LOT more to stake a claim for comeback.The youngsters are matching or bettering them.Its fair they are given a go
Exactly if the youngsters are performing. Is Binny performing better than Rajat? Name the youngsters who are performing much better than experienced players and i will agree with you. Also do not devalue experience.
Exactly if the youngsters are performing. Is Binny performing better than Rajat? Name the youngsters who are performing much better than experienced players and i will agree with you. Also do not devalue experience.
guys like Samson,Jadhav,Uthappa have been performing for a while now.Rishi Dhawan was the highest wicket taker in FC this season.These are the guys that should be rewarded. I'm not devaluing experience but you can't just go on that.These guys were dropped for a reason,unless they outperform others by a decent margin,you cant include them just coz they are experienced
guys like Samson,Jadhav,Uthappa have been performing for a while now.Rishi Dhawan was the highest wicket taker in FC this season.These are the guys that should be rewarded. I'm not devaluing experience but you can't just go on that.These guys were dropped for a reason,unless they outperform others by a decent margin,you cant include them just coz they are experienced
As you can see my post Uthappa is on top of my list. Sampson and Jadhav not so much because I am not sold on Ranji performance. I like Dhawan too but he needs to do more than he has done so far. I feel Yuvraj has improved. Gambhir is getting better. Harbhajan has been remarkable and Sehwag not too bad. Bhatia if not selected would be a shame.
As you can see my post Uthappa is on top of my list. Sampson and Jadhav not so much because I am not sold on Ranji performance. I like Dhawan too but he needs to do more than he has done so far. I feel Yuvraj has improved. Gambhir is getting better. Harbhajan has been remarkable and Sehwag not too bad. Bhatia if not selected would be a shame.
Well I place Ranjis over IPL for sure.both Yuvraj and Harbhajan were failures there.Gambhir and Sehwag too didnt do much.OTOH Jadhav was the highest run getter and Samson too did fairly well.plus still theyve done okay in IPL. Sehwag has been decent at best.just one 50 in IPL.Gambhir was poor in UAE and hasnt done enough for me,same for Yuvraj. We are building towards the WC in Australia and Sehwag and Yuvraj surely wont be good options there imo.Gambhir can be but needs to do more to convince me that hes gotten rid of his technical issues
Sehwag and Gambhir havent done anything to deserve a comeback to Indian team. This series is not important anyway and first choice cricketers should be given a rest after continuous cricket. They should send a bunch of youngsters.
++
You are not sold on Jadhav's Ranji performance? Which Ranji season did you follow?
Disagree. Whoever is performing should get a chance. Look at Misbah' date=' he is the best player they have.[/quote'] Agree best XI must represent your country. I don't believe in giving chance to youngsters and let them learn even at the cost of losing theory. International cricket is not the place for learning, there are A tours for that. You play only to win and you win by playing your best XI available in the country. We already seen what happened when we played Asia cup by picking 'youngsters only' team. Having said that if any youngster performing brilliantly like Sampson must get a chance. But I am not a firm believer of building team for future theory. We must live in present and select your best XI.
Agree best XI must represent your country. I don't believe in giving chance to youngsters and let them learn even at the cost of losing theory. International cricket is not the place for learning, there are A tours for that. You play only to win and you win by playing your best XI available in the country. We already seen what happened when we played Asia cup by picking 'youngsters only' team. Having said that if any youngster performing brilliantly like Sampson must get a chance. But I am not a firm believer of building team for future theory. We must live in present and select your best XI.
Only Dhoni was missing from regular team in Asia Cup.Raina,Kohli,Rohit,Ashwin all were there.not sure how was that youngsters only team nobody says give youngsters a chance for heck of it.Building a team for future is necessary.Short term goals get you nowhere.You'd always be chopping and changing
Only Dhoni was missing from regular team in Asia Cup.Raina,Kohli,Rohit,Ashwin all were there.not sure how was that youngsters only team nobody says give youngsters a chance for heck of it.Building a team for future is necessary.Short term goals get you nowhere.You'd always be chopping and changing
Agree bro we must give chance to youngsters with potential. Like I said, Sanju Sampson is a must in the middle order. But Yuvraj Singh is batting like a bomb at present and dropping him now as soon as he got back into form will be unfair. IPL all right but those 2 innings are reminisce of 2007 Yuvi special. If Yuvraj Singh can maintain this form till 2015 WC (touch wood) its a massive massive advantage for team India. An inform Yuvraj in middle order >>> inform Kedar Jadhav. If we drop him now he will lose this form like KP due to lack of match practice.
Agree bro we must give chance to youngsters with potential. Like I said, Sanju Sampson is a must in the middle order. But Yuvraj Singh is batting like a bomb at present and dropping him now as soon as he got back into form will be unfair. IPL all right but those 2 innings are reminisce of 2007 Yuvi special. If Yuvraj Singh can maintain this form till 2015 WC (touch wood) its a massive massive advantage for team India. An inform Yuvraj in middle order >>> inform Kedar Jadhav. If we drop him now he will lose this form like KP due to lack of match practice.
I dont know if you are serious but World Cup is in Australia/NZ where the pitches have plenty of pace and bounce. Yuvraj has been terrible recently against quality pace and short deliveries. He will be an embarrassment there. Dont go by performances in IPL on Bangalore pitch.
I dont know if you are serious but World Cup is in Australia/NZ where the pitches have plenty of pace and bounce. Yuvraj has been terrible recently against quality pace and short deliveries. He will be an embarrassment there. Dont go by performances in IPL on Bangalore pitch.
World cup is an ICC event and invariably pitches will be flat like always. ACB/NZC has no say on pitches for a world event. Its only in bilaterals they can prepare pitch to suit their team.
By now,you should know I'm a huge Yuvi fan :giggle: having said that,I wouldnt go by just couple of IPL innings and say hes ready for comeback.Hes flattered to decieve before by playing such innings in domestic cricket and failing hopelessly in Indian colours. Jadhav has a brilliant Ranji season and played well in IPL in whatever chances he got.So hes done it for far longer and it just isnt a abberation.The guy deserves his chances more than any other guy. As for Yuvi,he has to produce such innings on a consistent basis on varied conditions.Two innings on Bangalore patta just arent enough by any means.If he can prove that he can do it for long,only then can he even enter the consideration imo
World cup is an ICC event and invariably pitches will be flat like always. ACB/NZC has no say on pitches for a world event. Its only in bilaterals they can prepare pitch to suit their team.
Still,you cant take their general nature,even at their flattest,the pitches will have more pace and bounce than Indian pitches
Even the flattest pitches there will have enough pace and bounce to knock Yuvraj over. He is struggling to play short balls even on easy paced pitches in SC.
Well I place Ranjis over IPL for sure.both Yuvraj and Harbhajan were failures there.Gambhir and Sehwag too didnt do much.OTOH Jadhav was the highest run getter and Samson too did fairly well.plus still theyve done okay in IPL. Sehwag has been decent at best.just one 50 in IPL.Gambhir was poor in UAE and hasnt done enough for me,same for Yuvraj. We are building towards the WC in Australia and Sehwag and Yuvraj surely wont be good options there imo.Gambhir can be but needs to do more to convince me that hes gotten rid of his technical issues
I really dont care about Ranji as there is huge variation in the standard. IPL is much better product and jadhav has not done a squat. Both Yuvraj and harbhajan have done much better than established players so that is why I am in favor of these two.
Agree best XI must represent your country. I don't believe in giving chance to youngsters and let them learn even at the cost of losing theory. International cricket is not the place for learning, there are A tours for that. You play only to win and you win by playing your best XI available in the country. We already seen what happened when we played Asia cup by picking 'youngsters only' team. Having said that if any youngster performing brilliantly like Sampson must get a chance. But I am not a firm believer of building team for future theory. We must live in present and select your best XI.
This is a total desi mentality of youth and more crap about youth. The best player with experience should get the nod. There are not too many young ones who can perform at international level at any competitive sports. This is not the format to break them in. Young crap is overrated, let them pay their dues.
How does someone with a three or four years left is a short term goal. Put a young unproven commodity and be ready to see poor outcome.