2014 Cabinet Formation

Sachin=GOD

What I think would be ideal: Prime Minister - Narendra Modi Home Minister - Sushma Swaraj External Affairs Minister - Arun Jaitley Finance Minister - Arun Shourie / Subramanian Swamy Defense Minister - VK Singh
I find it very difficult to take the man seriously. He can be in-charge of propaganda. A strange Indianized hybrid of Goebbels and Baghdad Bob.

Preferred Choices for Ministeries Must confess I haven't given it much thought. But I would like Modi to bring some outsiders with core competencies. He has been given a free hand by this mandate Law minister :- Arun Jaitley Finance :- Arun Shourie ( one insider said they will look at Deepak Parekh as an option ) Minorities :- MJ Akbar Have to think about the rest. What would be your preferred choices.

Jaitley has become too big for Law Ministry. Ravi Shankar Prasad (or maybe Subramanian Swamy, if they decide to give him a Ministry) might get the Law Ministry. For Finance the name doing the rounds is Jaitley. For Railway there have been mentions of Dr. E Sreedharan but I guess in the end they may give it to RamVilas Paswan.

I hope they don't give it to Paswan. They don't have any compulsions now. Sreedharan would be drea, choice. Jaitley also is not suited for finance. I would rather bring back Sinha.
How do we know Sreedharan will agree..also i dont think railways given to non politicians as its crucial from sicial point of view. But if given to Sreedharan will be great.
Sreedharan is 81 years old and already has responsibility of other metro projects like the upcoming Lucknow Metro - I don't think he would accept it even if offered. As for Paswan, he has already been Railway Minister in the past so that might work in his favor. For finance, Yashwant Sinha has no chance - he is not an MP, his son has just been elected an MP and he is now 76 years old - all factors which would work against him. And he is considered close to LKA.

How do we know Sreedharan will agree..also i dont think railways given to non politicians as its crucial from sicial point of view. But if given to Sreedharan will be great.
Sreedharan in has past has said it would be great for India if Modi becomes PM So doubt he would decline a opportunity like this

Must confess I haven't given it much thought. But I would like Modi to bring some outsiders with core competencies. He has been given a free hand by this mandate Law minister :- Arun Jaitley Finance :- Arun Shourie ( one insider said they will look at Deepak Parekh as an option ) Minorities :- MJ Akbar Have to think about the rest. What would be your preferred choices.
Why him? He writes with clarity, solemn gumption and sheer conviction, which few of his contemporaries have, but he's barely a few months into the party. That would be harsh on the others who have been around for longer and are more able in terms of running organizations. I'm sure he has a lot to learn still.

Why him? He writes with clarity, solemn gumption and sheer conviction, which few of his contemporaries have, but he's barely a few months into the party. That would be harsh on the others who have been around for longer and are more able in terms of running organizations. I'm sure he has a lot to learn still.
Just saw an interview of his and I was very impressed with his answers on Muslim and minority place in modern India. He genuinely has some ideas. Most of all, I think he will be able to empower the minorities without promising any hand outs. To me he seems like a true progressive.

Just saw an interview of his and I was very impressed with his answers on Muslim and minority place in modern India. He genuinely has some ideas. Most of all' date=' I think he will be able to empower the minorities without promising any hand outs. To me he seems like a true progressive.[/quote'] Could you please link the interview here? PS: Off topic: The notion that minorities Muslims as an entity want hand outs and freebies is absolutely erroneous. From what I perceive, that is not even a major cause for voting or not voting a candidate. Random hand-outs are generally awarded by those who want to cement their positions as against help the downtrodden.