Greatest indian tennis player(singles only)

maniac

Greatest indian tennis player(singles only)  

1. 1.

• Vijay Amritraj
    • Ramesh krishnan
    • Ramnathan krishnan
    • Sania mirza
    • Leander paes
    • Others(please name)

Who according to you is the greatest. Never seen vijay Amritraj play at the highest level....little ahead of my time..but highest ranking for an indian.....never rated Ramesh krishnan.....ramnathan krishnan is regarded very highly by people from my dad's generation may be due to the fact he was the only big name indian star in those days. Sania mirza as much as she was hyped and overrated by indian media,defintetely had the skill.....I saw the game very she matched power for power with Venus....could have done so much better. Paes obviously a bronze medal winner....probably the greatest achievement in indian singles tennis So who according to you was the best

Where is Somdev ? Should atleast be an option. (Ranked higher than the best of Leander Paes)
Doesn't mean anything.....if this was singles and doubles included ,bhupati will be above somdev who has nothing to show. Paes's bronze medal puts him above the krishnans in my book who were higher ranked than him at some point or the other as well iirc.

Krishnan sr highest ranking no 6 Krishnan jr highest ranking 23 Amritraj highest ranking 16 (expected higher :ohmy:) Paes highest ranking 73 @vipin dever man highest ranking 102 Source wiki
Devverman highest ranking has definitely been more than 102. Your source is wrong. He has gone up to 60's I guess. 70's definitely. Best Singles player has to be toss-up between Krishnan Sr and Vijay Amritraj. Lol at people voting for Leander Paes.

Amritraj for me.his peak was short but he competed well(also defeated) the top players of that time.his game was pretty good as well.donno too much about Krishnan but reaching 2 Wimbledon semis is no mean feat but then we need to check whether the field was strong at that time