Roland Garros 2014 - Rafa and Maria are the champs!

bones

Sharapova wins 6-4 6-7 6-4' date=' she deserves it, Halep was outstanding. Sharapova was a little better in the big moments and physically fitter of the two.[/quote'] Yes. Match was very physical. Players could have done better with little bit more variety in their shots. Halep could have tried few things. With the kind of forehand Sharapova has, it was always going to be difficult to outdo her through sheer hitting.

I am really excited about tomorrow's match. I would obviously be rooting for Nadal but I wouldn't be too disappointed if Djokovic goes on to complete his career slam. Nobody deserves it more than him right now and to accomplish that by beating the best player on that surface would be even more incredible. If he wins this match after a good contest then people would talk about it for years to come like they talk about the 1981 Wimbledon final or the 2008 Wimbledon final, where the challenger was finally able to beat the champion after coming close in the previous year. If anyone can beat Rafa on Chatrier in a final, it is Djokovic. But he would also be under a lot of pressure to win it. He wants it badly and he realizes that with each passing year it is only going to get more difficult. He is also the favorite in most people's eyes. Nadal on the other hand would be under slightly less pressure. He has already won it 8 times and has already distanced himself from the second guy and adding one more would not mean as much, although he would definitely like to tie with Pete's 14 slam here. I expect and hope for a very tight match and may the best guy wins. :two_thumbs_up:

I watched the second set tie breaker and sharapova once again did a stop and go distract routine while serving.
She did several time violations. At one point Mary Jo Called out. You are allwed 20 seconds between points. Maria took 24 seconds. Clear violation. But not called by referee.

She did several time violations. At one point Mary Jo Called out. You are allwed 20 seconds between points. Maria took 24 seconds. Clear violation. But not called by referee.
And there is the grunting. The other girl kept quiet when i was watching. But not belittling her victory though, going by the comments it seems to have been a well fought match.

And there is the grunting. The other girl kept quiet when i was watching. But not belittling her victory though' date=' going by the comments it seems to have been a well fought match.[/quote'] Maria ampeed her game in crucial games in the final set. She was too powerful to stop. That is where haelp lost.