Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

that was poor too. There isnt much difference between Congress and BJP when it comes to policies. Only difference might be the scams where Congress trumps BJP hands down' date=' atm.[/quote'] Congress too looked clean in the initial years .One of the main reasons they got reelected .All those scams mostly surfaced during the UPA - 2 Though tbf to Modi he has previous record with Gujarat unlike most congress

Congress too looked clean in the initial years .One of the main reasons they got reelected .All those scams mostly surfaced during the UPA - 2 Though tbf to Modi he has previous record with Gujarat unlike most congress
Whole India is different anumal to deal with then just a state, that too a relatively stable, peaceful and prosperpus state like Gujrat. Modi is trying to do thing but his biggest challenge going to be the system, image and perceptions that he himself cultivated for electoral success. If you look at the signals it is not long until Modi is questioned openly within BJP. He would realize the brand of politics took him to PMship will be his bete-noire in becoming a successful PM.

I will be very surprised if Modi tolerates corruption. By the bjp ministers or even other allies in the government. The big problem with the UPA government was Manmohan Singh had no power of his own. He was just a clerical guy taking care of day to day running. I guess the problem the congress faced was with 206 seats they were heavily reliant on others. BJP has no such problems as of now with 282. I feel once Modi and co get major bills such as GST and Land though (if at all) he will be a lot more aggressive with the opposition.

and with regards to the policies of the BJP and the Congress being the same. I do believe the BJP is more economically liberated under Modi than the Congress. The amendments to the land bill real estate bill etc make it more business friendly. The congress also did not make it a priority to push for bills in an aggressive manner. They could have got support for the GST in both lok sand rajya sabha with the aid of the BSP/SP/Trinamaool in 2009-2010. This is what happens when you have the Gandhis not in the thick of government directly. The process becomes slow.

I will be very surprised if Modi tolerates corruption. By the bjp ministers or even other allies in the government. The big problem with the UPA government was Manmohan Singh had no power of his own. He was just a clerical guy taking care of day to day running. I guess the problem the congress faced was with 206 seats they were heavily reliant on others. BJP has no such problems as of now with 282. I feel once Modi and co get major bills such as GST and Land though (if at all) he will be a lot more aggressive with the opposition.
It's all about political compulsions. Modi calling Jayalalitha soon after her aquittal by HC made big news and it developed a perception that Modi doesn't want tough actions on corrupt leaders. BJP is not supporting Swamy in his crusade against Jayalalitha also doesn't give good feel on Modi's commitment againt corruption.

It's all about political compulsions. Modi calling Jayalalitha soon after her aquittal by HC made big news and it developed a perception that Modi doesn't want tough actions on corrupt leaders. BJP is not supporting Swamy in his crusade against Jayalalitha also doesn't give good feel on Modi's commitment againt corruption.
Amma is not part of the government....yet. Secondly its not as if Modi influenced the courts. The BJP may not be supporting Swamy. But i dont think they are stopping him either. He is free to do what he wants. She has been acquitted by the courts.

Forget about supporting Swamy. They tried to get rid of him by offering him President of BRICS Bank - he refused.....wants to fight his fights and annoy the Govt :D

MMS and Sonia Gandhi have used Mayawati and Mulayam to pass their bills during UPA regime and they used all kind of tactics for the same. Even though it is incorrect but I do not find this wrong totally if the bill which gets passed is going to benefit India in the long run.Unfortunately in a democracy, you cannot ignore a corrupt if he or she is getting elected by overwhleming majority. Having said that if Modi is going to ignore the corruptions of say Gadkari or Rajnath Singh then that would be a very bad signal and it would be the end of his regime. Manmohan was not a popular leader and did not had a command over his cabinets that is why Kalmadi, Raja, Chavhan looted the country, with Modi atleast the case is slightly different.

and with regards to the policies of the BJP and the Congress being the same. I do believe the BJP is more economically liberated under Modi than the Congress. The amendments to the land bill real estate bill etc make it more business friendly. The congress also did not make it a priority to push for bills in an aggressive manner. They could have got support for the GST in both lok sand rajya sabha with the aid of the BSP/SP/Trinamaool in 2009-2010. This is what happens when you have the Gandhis not in the thick of government directly. The process becomes slow.
Congress alone didnt have the numbers alone. Even Congress would not want the land bill they made but they succumbed to pressure.

Exports contracts 14% in Apr to $ 22 billion

NEW DELHI: Continuing its declining trend, India's exports shrank by about 14 per cent in April to $ 22 billion, registering a contraction for fifth straight month. The slump in exports is mainly due to global slowdown, dip in crude oil prices and rupee appreciation. In April 2014, the country's merchandise exports stood at $ 25.63 billion. The last time exports registered positive growth was in November last year when recorded 7.27 per cent expansion. The main exporting sectors, including petroleum products, gems and jewelery and man-made yarn and fabrics, reported negative growth in April. Imports too declined by 7.48 per cent to $ 33 billion, leaving a trade deficit of $ 11 billion in the month under review, according to the data released by the commerce ministry. Oil imports dipped 42.65 per cent during April to $ 7.44 billion. Non-oil imports grew by 12.58 per cent to $ 25.6 billion. Gold imports surged by 78.3 ..
Read more at: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/47299841.cms?utm_source=contentofinterest&utm_medium=text&utm_campaign=cppst

^ be honest your still going to vote DMK if this happens right?
The only time I voted for DMK was in 2009 .And that was mainly a vote for UPA lol And no this won't influence whether I vote for DMK or ADMK .There are far more pressing issues than a smart city coming in 10-15 years time .

I am surprised pakistan is our third largest revenue of remittances. Whats the story behind that? ISI funds for terrorism or relatives remitting? I am also very surprised the UK is not on this list. Does this include people like my family who are british citizens but remit money to my grandparents? Are we classified as r emitters? Also there is a good chance this 70 billion number, its on the lower side and probably does not take into account hawala rackets from the middle east. forex_special_report_indian_rupee_body_x0000_i1029.png1429100563-256_Screen-Shot-2015-04-15-at-5.51.35-pm.png not surprising the Indian rupee has fallen over the last decade that remittances have spiked.

Absolute must read article - http://swarajyamag.com/magazine/enemies-at-the-gate/ Its a very long read but worth the time spent.
IMHO , it is a terrible opinion piece riddled with falsehoods in the 1st paragraph itself. In his desperation to fabricate Strawmen and boogeymen , the author has abandoned all hold on facts & objectivity . The article is the usual right-wing litany of feeble excuses and incessant Whines. All the usual suspects receive the customary mention and apportioned blame ( the west , NDTV ,English-language media,the Catholic Church, The Voters !, pseudo-inellectuals, pseudo-secularists....ad-nauseam.)