Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

FischerTal

^ Lies spread about the Indian media From that silly article :

" 1. 2nd March 2015: Press Trust of India, and subsequently all Media houses – BJP MP Sadhvi Prachi calls for boycott of Aamir, Shah Rukh and Salman Khan films Based on a PTI report, all media houses published a story that a “BJP MP” has asked to boycott films by the Khan trio. What was amazing was Sadhvi Prachi was never a BJP MP. ...
Nonsense. One of the news organizations blamed on the twitter link is The Hindu . The Hindu never refers to Sadhvi Prachi as a BJP MP. LINK

^ Lies spread about the Indian media From that silly article : Nonsense. One of the news organizations blamed on the twitter link is The Hindu . The Hindu never refers to Sadhvi Prachi as a BJP MP. LINK
You are WRONG and are spreading LIES. That online article of The Hindu was edited. The initial version claimed that the Sadhvi was a BJP MP. The screenshot is below: 31968484-liar.png

^^The media hatred of Narendra Modi is obvious as daylight. In particular, The Hindu has a solid history in this regards. A few years ago it had published (without any verification) a completely fake SIT report on its front page blaming Narendra Modi for the 2002 riots. More recently, its editor had issued instructions to his staff not to cover rallies of Narendra Modi.

^^The media hatred of Narendra Modi is obvious as daylight. In particular, The Hindu has a solid history in this regards. A few years ago it had published (without any verification) a completely fake SIT report on its front page blaming Narendra Modi for the 2002 riots. More recently, its editor had issued instructions to his staff not to cover rallies of Narendra Modi.
Yeah.....media is soooo anti Modi. Just watch India TV - literally doing Modi Puja the whole day. As for The Hindu - you might not have noticed but Siddhartha Varadrajan was sacked as Editor and the main reason was that he was not in favor of Modi so political pressure was applied. Same happened to the editor and political editor of Open Magazine - in fact now if you check Open magazine's articles, its coverage is so very, very pathetically pro Modi that it seems like a better version of Kamal Jyoti (BJP's own magazine). These are just few of the many examples.

Yeah.....media is soooo anti Modi. Just watch India TV - literally doing Modi Puja the whole day. As for The Hindu - you might not have noticed but Siddhartha Varadrajan was sacked as Editor and the main reason was that he was not in favor of Modi so political pressure was applied. Same happened to the editor and political editor of Open Magazine - in fact now if you check Open magazine's articles, its coverage is so very, very pathetically pro Modi that it seems like a better version of Kamal Jyoti (BJP's own magazine). These are just few of the many examples.
Didn't varadrajan get some govt job in media?

Even though I am not big fan of Indian media and it is true that India TV is too much in favour of Modi but tell me something about this
Siddhartha Varadrajan was sacked as Editor and the main reason was that he was not in favor of Modi
If being in favour of your Prime Minister is not good while reporting to an extent then how can being a blind critic considered as good.

Sid Varadarajan was sacked not because of his anti-Modi views (which the current setup also holds) but because he also insisted in not covering Narendra Modi's rallies as newsworthy events which they obviously were. This would have gutted the newspapers bottomline as well as credibility. The media literally publishes false news (I have given examples) if it helps in portraying Narendra Modi in a bad light.

Even though I am not big fan of Indian media and it is true that India TV is too much in favour of Modi but tell me something about this If being in favour of your Prime Minister is not good while reporting to an extent then how can being a blind critic considered as good.
He was sacked during election campaign.

Sid Varadarajan was sacked not because of his anti-Modi views (which the current setup also holds) but because he also insisted in not covering Narendra Modi's rallies as newsworthy events which they obviously were. This would have gutted the newspapers bottomline as well as credibility. The media literally publishes false news (I have given examples) if it helps in portraying Narendra Modi in a bad light.
Other media channels/newspapers also didn't exactly 'cover' Modi's rallies - BJP threw money at them so they covered Modi like no other leader has ever been covered in India's history. Now that many media houses are being ignored by Modi, they became totally pro AAP during Delhi election. When BJP again throws money at them, they will again start showing lots of positive news. India TV, Zee News etc have gotten benefits and inside news (Rajat Sharma got Padma Bhushan and has been close to BJP leaders for a long time while Subhash Chandra is also close and has been looking for Vidhan Sabha seat) so they are doing Modi Puja. Many reporters in Aaj Tak are also huge Modi Bhakts - just see the coverage and you will see.

Other media channels/newspapers also didn't exactly 'cover' Modi's rallies - BJP threw money at them so they covered Modi like no other leader has ever been covered in India's history. Now that many media houses are being ignored by Modi, they became totally pro AAP during Delhi election. When BJP again throws money at them, they will again start showing lots of positive news. India TV, Zee News etc have gotten benefits and inside news (Rajat Sharma got Padma Bhushan and has been close to BJP leaders for a long time while Subhash Chandra is also close and has been looking for Vidhan Sabha seat) so they are doing Modi Puja. Many reporters in Aaj Tak are also huge Modi Bhakts - just see the coverage and you will see.
Any proof of this assertion that BJP gave money to the media and that was the reason for them covering rallies of Narendra Modi? He was covered more because he did many more rallies than his woefully inadequate opponent Rahul Gandhi. By the way, if Padma awards are a measure then you should also consider the number of Congress gifted awards to journalists/activists - it is a long list.

He was hired by Rajya Sabha TV. Also' date=' the Congress govt in Rajasthan had made him a faculty in some new journalism school, which I believe he still is.[/quote'] He is in SNU - that's Shiv Nadar University (he's the owner of HCL computers.... not related to Cong from what I know). And as for rajya Sabha tv - I'm not sure about that but I don't think he worked there. Might have done some interviews for them...

Any proof of this assertion that BJP gave money to the media and that was the reason for them covering rallies of Narendra Modi? He was covered more because he did many more rallies than his woefully inadequate opponent Rahul Gandhi. By the way, if Padma awards are a measure then you should also consider the number of Congress gifted awards to journalists/activists - it is a long list.
Anyone who saw the election coverage with their eyes open could see that the coverage modi got was extraordinary (small example - I have been reading newspapers, especially political coverage in papers, for at least 10 years but I have NEVER EVER seen the kind of of coverage Modi's rallies got - every big rally in UP got 3 pages in local editions (if it was in Agra then ALL Hindi papers in Agra had it on at least half the front page and then around 2 or 2.5 pages more) and at least 1 page across ALL other editions in UP). That is never done (again, I can tell this from experience - in Lok Sabha 2009 the BSP candidate from Lko, Akhilesh Das, had bought a lot of paid media - everyone knew it but obviously it could not be proved since there was no paper trail....he got at least 1 page of coverage every day in the top 3 papers everyday for 1-2 months leading to the polls while other major candidates from BJP and Cong either got 1-2 small columns or many times even that didn't happen and they were totally absent from papers for many days - in the end the BJP candidate had to openly ask voters to ignore the papers since they had been bought). Almost ALL of Modi's speeches in big rallies were covered in full LIVE on the top 5-6 News Channels in India - if you really think all that was not paid for then I sincerely say that you stop following Indian politics because you know NOTHING about it. Yeah...Cong did that a LOT. And that is my biggest problem till now with Modi Sarkar - everytime the Govt does something questionable, its just said that Cong also did it. Cong gave it to Rajdeep Sardesai so why cant BJP give it to Rajat Sharma....Cong had HUGE full page ads with pics of Sonia/Rahul for every big and and small achievement (which cost crores and crores every week) so whats wrong with Modi Sarkar doing it with pics of Modi......Cong had Digvijay Singh/Mani Shankar Aiyar/Satyavrat Chaturvedia making despicable statements but they were not controlled so whats the problem if Giriraj Singh or "sadhvi" jyoti say a few words and are not controlled or punished for that etc etc etc. If voters wanted the same things to be done again and again (only this time the beneficiaries would be Modi loyalists instead of Gandhi family loyalists) then I doubt they would have voted for Modi. They wanted these practices to be stopped that is why they gave such a mandate. Its time to stop defending these pathetic practices in the name of "Cong also did it" - Cong did it and they got 44 seats.