Jump to content
FischerTal

Modi sarkar economic reforms/governance performance thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, surajmal said:

hard work over harvard!! lol. That is going to be one of many Namo's slogans for 2019 campaign. 

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/celebrate-moodys-upgrade-damn-standard-and-poor-yashwant-sinhas-jibe-at-centre/articleshow/61689566.cms

 

Celebrate Moody's upgrade, damn Standard & Poor's: Yashwant Sinha's jibe at Centre

 

Sinha indirectly reminded the government that rating agency Standard & Poor's has kept India at the lowest investment grade for a decade, and slammed the government's celebration of the country's upgraded rating from Moody's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was tempted to open a new thread on this.. but what the hell is Ivanaka doing in India? She is meeting PM and Foreign Minister etc. in what capcity? She does not hold any position in USA cabinet other than an Advisor to President.. Why spending so much money on her visit?

Edited by veer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, veer said:

I was tempted to open a new thread on this.. but what the hell is Ivanaka doing in India? She is meeting PM and Foreign Minister etc. in what capcity? She does not hold any position in USA cabinet other than an Advisor to President.. Why spending so much money on her visit?

she is purely an extension of Trump, it's pretty much equivalent to having the US President's ear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, veer said:

I was tempted to open a new thread on this.. but what the hell is Ivanaka doing in India? She is meeting PM and Foreign Minister etc. in what capcity? She does not hold any position in USA cabinet other than an Advisor to President.. Why spending so much money on her visit?

lol the princess is coming to talk about women empowerment

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/too-early-to-say-low-growth-trend-reversed-manmohan-singh/articleshow/61894112.cms

 

Modi government cannot equal UPA's 10-year average growth rate: Manmohan Singh

 

Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh on Saturday welcomed the uptick in the Q2 GDP growth at 6.3 per cent but cautioned that it is too early to say there is a reversal in decline seen in the past five quarters. He also claimed that the Modi government will not be able to equal the UPA government's 10-year average growth rate.

"To equal the UPA's 10-year average, the economy will have to grow at 10.6 per cent in the fifth year. I would be happy if this were to happen, but frankly, I don't think this will happen," Singh quipped.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

It's as if all of Tamil Nadu just logged in to type #gobackmodi :phehe:

 

BJP guys asked to post #wewelcomemodi :rotfl:

 

this twitter game is getting unny day by day .. 

#இடுப்புகிள்ளி_திமுக & #பள்ளுப்படாத_அதிமுக  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, velu said:

 

BJP guys asked to post #wewelcomemodi :rotfl:

 

this twitter game is getting unny day by day .. 

#இடுப்புகிள்ளி_திமுக & #பள்ளுப்படாத_அதிமுக  

Not to mention #கேணக்கூதிசீமான்..Noone had been abused so openly :rotfl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Dark Horse said:

Not to mention #கேணக்கூதிசீமான்..Noone had been abused so openly :rotfl:

this was a genuine hastag .. esp crickt mad chennai guys are really pissed off :sad:

watever dmk and admk IT wing tries to trend are biased .. admk it wing is active for the last few months and they do far better and funnier than DMK .. another one #செயல்_பழமொழிகள் 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

 

https://swarajyamag.com/insta/ibc-effect-fear-of-losing-control-forces-over-2100-companies-to-settle-rs-83000-crore-bank-dues

 

Fearing action under the newly-enacted Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code (IBC), over 2,100 companies, who had defaulted on loan repayments, have settled their dues of around Rs 83,000 crore, Times of India has reported.

 

A majority of the outstanding amount was cleared after the government amended the code to prevent promoters of companies that were classified as non-performing assets (NPAs) from bidding for these companies and regaining control.

 

The amendment helped the government to bar promoters from re-purchasing their stressed assets at a discounted price after action was initiated by the bankruptcy court, the National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT).

 

As a result, top industry names such as Ruias of Essar, Singals of Bhushan Group and Gaurs of Jaiprakash Group, were left ineligible to bid. 

Earlier this week, the acquisition of Bhushan Stee by Tata under the IBC framework led to the reduction in bad loans by around Rs 35,000 crore. NCLT has also initiated insolvency proceedings against Anil Ambani-led Reliance Communications.

“The real success is the pressure on defaulters to clear dues. Borrowing and lending culture is changing because of IBC,” the daily quoted an official as saying.

The government is considering more amendments to make the code robust.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/business/india-business/women-hiring-to-dip-over-maternity-leave-may-cause-1-2cr-job-loss-in-fy19-as-some-cos-find-paying-for-26-weeks-prohibitive-finds-study/articleshow/64739424.cms

 

Quote

Women hiring to dip over maternity leave; may cause 1.2cr job loss in FY19

Called it before. Stupid BJP thinks too much like Congress. Interfering directly in the job market with hair-brained schemes, which hardly anyone outside of middle class-metro citizens even care about. 

 

The size of job loss stated here is an upper estimate. I don't know if it would be that high, but all those people who do lose jobs because of this scheme will be angry.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

India no longer home to the largest number of poor: Study

http://www.worldpoverty.io/

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/india-no-longer-home-to-the-largest-no-of-poor-study/articleshow/64754988.cms

 

Quote

HIGHLIGHTS

  • India has finally shed the dubious distinction of being home to the largest number of poor, with Nigeria taking that unwanted position in May 2018
  • If present trends continue, India could drop to No. 3 later this year, with the Democratic Republic of the Congo taking the number 2 spot

NEW DELHI: In the time that it takes you to read this article, several Indians will have escaped the clutches of extreme poverty. In fact, about 44 Indians come out of extreme poverty every minute, one of the fastest rates of poverty reduction in the world. As a result, India has finally shed the dubious distinction of being home to the largest number of poor, with Nigeria taking that unwanted position in May 2018.


If present trends continue, India could drop to No. 3 later this year, with the Democratic Republic of the Congo taking the number 2 spot. Defining extreme poverty as living on less than $1.9 a day, a recent study published in a Brookings blog says that by 2022, less than 3% of Indians will be poor and extreme poverty could be eliminated altogether by 2030.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FACTUAL HIGHLIGHTS FROM PM MODI’S TRUST VOTE SPEECH

 

Good overall report. This for me was shocking

 

Quote

He added, total amount loaned by the banking sector was Rs. 18 lakh crores in first 60 years whereas, under the UPA government (2008-2014), the total disbursement stood at Rs. 52 lakh crores. Indiscriminate lending to crony capitalists, he said, led to the creation of huge Non Performing Assets.

Public should know this loud and clear....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.financialexpress.com/industry/50-mw-power-22-km-electricity-line-in-record-time-what-yogi-adityanath-did-to-bring-samsung-plant-in-noida/1237569/

 

Quote

50 MW power, 22-km electricity line in record time: What Yogi Adityanath did to bring Samsung plant to Noida

Samsung Noida plant launch: Uttar Pradesh Yogi Adityanath on Monday said that 50 megawatts of power and a 22-km-long electricity line were made available in record four months for the Samsung mobile plant.

Quote

Samsung opened its new mobile phone factory in a 35-acre facility in Sector 81, Noida, which, Yogi Adityanath said, would provide 35,000 direct and indirect jobs to the youth. “A MoU was signed in May 2017, and with an investment of Rs 4,915 crore, the plant is being set up here,” Yogi Adityanath said at the inauguration.

The plant was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi and South Korean President Moon Jae-in. Speaking at the event, Narendra Modi said that mobile manufacturing companies, which have gone up from just 2 to 120, have created more than 4 lakh jobs. “Whenever I talk to business community representatives, I always mention one thing, that I don’t think there is a middle-class house in India without at least one Korean product,” Narendra Modi said at the launch of the plant.

With the launch of this latest manufacturing facility, Samsung aims to increase its manufacturing of mobile phone production in India to nearly 120 million per year as against the 67 million mobiles currently, which are being made in India. The company currently has over 10 percent of its overall production in India and aims to take it to 50 percent over the next three years.

I didn't realize there were so many mobile manufacturers in India now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cashew crisis in Kerala
https://www.orfonline.org/expert-speak/cashew-crisis-in-kerala-a-feminist-perspective/

https://www.deccanchronicle.com/nation/current-affairs/050518/keralas-crisis-ridden-cashew-industry-leaves-around-3-lakh-workers-jo.html

Quote

The inception of the cashew crisis in the south Kerala region started in 2016 when the Union Government imposed an import duty of 9.36% on raw cashew nuts. This raised the prices of cashew imports significantly while there was no apparent increase in the price of processed cashews, putting this industry at a major economic risk. The Kerala Government’s decision to hike wages of the cashew workers along with the increasing competition with mechanically produced cheaper varieties of Vietnamese processed cashew put almost 700 Kollam cashew factories in danger, which provided the livelihoods of almost 2.5 lakh skilled women workers (compared to approximately 50 thousand male workers associated with this industry) hailing from marginal communities in rural Kerala. Although recently in 2018, Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley had called for a further rollback of duty on the raw cashews by 2.5%, many in the business believe that such a measure will be insufficient in reviving the damage already caused to this once booming industry.

 

Quote

According to an NDTV report, Kerala's Kollam district, which is known as the hub of cashew processing and exporting, housed 834 factories. Of 834, a staggering 700 factories have shut down in the last two years. This affected around three lakh employees -- mostly women -- who now have been left without jobs, claim industry insiders.

 

Quote

A former worker at a cashew nut processing unit in Kalluvathukkal, Girija said, "I used to work in the peeling section. We got wages according to the weight of the cashews we processed, which was hiked from Rs 16/kg to Rs 36/kg. There were more than 640 workers in our company."

Another worker, Sudharma told ANI, "I used to get about Rs 3,000 each month. I am simply sitting now. We hope the company will reopen. Owners said they were in crisis due to the increase in wages directed by Kerala government. We are ready to work for lower wages."

Quote

Various reasons have led to the downfall of the cashew industry. The cost of raw cashew has steeped globally and in Kerala, obsolete machinery and wages have added to the existing crisis. 

However, the losses here have proven to be a victory for Vietnam which has emerged as a cheaper global alternative.

700 of 834 cashew factories of Kerala have closed down...

 

The wonders of minimum wage and government interference. :facepalm:

 

Much of the cashew industry labor force is women also. Like most harebrained schemes, minimum wage politics hurts the lowest skilled, most vulnerable workers.

 

To make things worse, Kaju katri prices will go throught the roof!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111 :((

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ease of Doing Business Rankings!!!!?!!??!

Screenshot_2.jpg

Top 5: Andhra, Telangana, Haryana, Jharkhand, Gujarat 

 

Jharkhand comes out of nowhere and breaks into the top 5 :scream:

 

Goa, Punjab, Kerala, and especially Dehli need to improve  :nono:

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

Top 5: Andhra, Telangana, Haryana, Jharkhand, Gujarat 

 

Jharkhand comes out of nowhere and breaks into the top 5 :scream:

 

Goa, Punjab, Kerala, and especially Dehli need to improve  :nono:

 

 

 

This Kejri is doing worse than the communists in Kerala.

 

I have ot admit that it is surprisng that WB is number 10 on the list ahead of both TN and MH, although all 3 are in the good range according to the rankings. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moochad said:

 

This Kejri is doing worse than the communists in Kerala.

 

I have ot admit that it is surprisng that WB is number 10 on the list ahead of both TN and MH, although all 3 are in the good range according to the rankings. 

Big problem for WB is law and order, which never seems to have improved there, since independence. Old Mamata is at least doing a good effort on reforms aspect. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2018 at 8:13 AM, Tibarn said:

Big problem for WB is law and order, which never seems to have improved there, since independence. Old Mamata is at least doing a good effort on reforms aspect. 

Big is understatement. Even if you reform every econ policy, if there is no law and order, there will be no investment. 

 

We need better L&O all across India, otherwise we will not grow!

 

All Cattle smugglers,  hooligans, rioters etc, need to be kept in check

 

We need to largely increase our police force size

Edited by Moochad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Tibarn

 

The construction ban has been lifted in Maharashtra and Uttarakhand.

 

https://indianexpress.com/article/cities/mumbai/mumbai-relief-for-builders-homebuyers-as-apex-court-lifts-ban-on-construction-5342228/

 

I know where you are coming from, but in this case a suo moto was due. There are many studies highlighting absolute disregard for any kind of treatment of construction waste. This ban-unban drama will actually shake the State Governments into formulating a meaningful waste management policy. 

 

The builders are generally extremely lackadaisical about the way they go about construction. Deadlines are deferred. This inspite of the RERA. For instance, there are class action suits against construction companies, where a plot has been dug up for some construction work and left at that state for months. It ends up being some kind of a breeding ground for dengue carrying mosquitoes due to all the stagnant water. And a lot of people fall sick, and end up wasting a lot of man hours. This had happened to scores of mid to upper management employees of Patni computers, who were all accommodated in a new construction in Wadala, surrounded by many more constructions. Patni decided to move court.

 

You are being to harsh on the milords here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/14/2018 at 5:18 PM, Moochad said:

 

A good exposition on Modinomics by Harsh Gupta

I don't agree with some parts, but the thing I disagree with the most is the idea that we will succeed regardless. The idea that if we elect some khichdi government or some government led by goofballs who advocate private sector reservation is laughable. To think someone like Mamata or Mulayam will engage in further economic reforms or not napalm all the initiatives Mahatma Modi has made is naive, IMO. Weak governments are the most vulnerable to special interest groups who want this or that law removed/created. Some union with a large chunk of voters can easily get the new Contract-Labor Laws repealed by promising their votes to some regional satrap.     

 

Also, the demographic dividend idea is a tired cliche'. In the same video Gupta acknowledges that India has failed to establish a proper lower-level education system. Then he also acknowledges we have missed the sweet spot in time when there was much more opportunities for manufacturing = we have a poorly educated workforce, that workforce is multiplying, and we have missed out on the area of the economy which employs the more unskilled labor.  A "demographic" is a "dividend" when one can harness the demographic and use their skills productively. If a demographic doesn't have something to be put to use in or lacks skills for what is available, then all one has are hordes of disaffected, jobless youth.  Some dividend!!! :((

 

Also lol at some of Chacha apologia. There was never any sane rationale for ignoring primary education to establish a handful of universities which end up exporting talent to Western countries. If students don't have the fundamentals from primary education, how exactly are they going to take advantage of a select few magical IITs and the sort? 

Edited by Tibarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 8:21 AM, Tibarn said:

I don't agree with some parts, but the thing I disagree with the most is the idea that we will succeed regardless. The idea that if we elect some khichdi government or some government led by goofballs who advocate private sector reservation is laughable. To think someone like Mamata or Mulayam will engage in further economic reforms or not napalm all the initiatives Mahatma Modi has made is naive, IMO. Weak governments are the most vulnerable to special interest groups who want this or that law removed/created. Some union with a large chunk of voters can easily get the new Contract-Labor Laws repealed by promising their votes to some regional satrap.     

 

 

Only a handful of leaders are even capable of doing it, even BJP is lacking many. I like Goyal after Modi.

Quote

Also, the demographic dividend idea is a tired cliche'. In the same video Gupta acknowledges that India has failed to establish a proper lower-level education system. Then he also acknowledges we have missed the sweet spot in time when there was much more opportunities for manufacturing = we have a poorly educated workforce, that workforce is multiplying, and we have missed out on the area of the economy which employs the more unskilled labor.  A "demographic" is a "dividend" when one can harness the demographic and use their skills productively. If a demographic doesn't have something to be put to use in or lacks skills for what is available, then all one has are hordes of disaffected, jobless youth.  Some dividend!!! :((

Even Sanyal always mentions that demographic dividend. I think it is more of a potential benefit than a confirmed benefit for us. Certainly there will not be benefits if workforce isn't educated/skilled.

Quote

Also lol at some of Chacha apologia. There was never any sane rationale for ignoring primary education to establish a handful of universities which end up exporting talent to Western countries. If students don't have the fundamentals from primary education, how exactly are they going to take advantage of a select few magical IITs and the sort? 

I think he is more saying that Nehru was better than Indira because he took a political stand rather than Indira governing the country based on politics. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, Moochad said:

Only a handful of leaders are even capable of doing it, even BJP is lacking many. I like Goyal after Modi.

Goyal is good as FM, like he is now. I don't think he fits as a PM. Only the King in the North is a fitting PM for Bharat.

 

On 9/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, Moochad said:

Even Sanyal always mentions that demographic dividend. I think it is more of a potential benefit than a confirmed benefit for us. Certainly there will not be benefits if workforce isn't educated/skilled.

It makes sense in economic terms(good economic logic), but not outside of that.

On 9/17/2018 at 12:59 PM, Moochad said:

I think he is more saying that Nehru was better than Indira because he took a political stand rather than Indira governing the country based on politics. 

No I get that, but that is exactly why he is being a fool. Nehru ideologically pushed his agenda. Indira pushed the same Socialist agenda for political expediency. Therefore, Indira's IQ >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bandit Nehru's. Nehru was dumb enough to believe in Socialism and it's BS ideology. Indira just used Socialism to win elections and loot money. She was corrupt, but she was a clever politician and enriched her family. On the other hand, he was an ignoramus.   

 

I know this Gupta fellow from Twitter, he is a Libertarian. The fact that he needs to apologize/defend Nehru reflects poorly on him and is hypocritical, as no sensible Libertarian would be foolish enough to speak of the virtues of some pseudo-intellectual who caused the death of millions through his distinctly evil policies.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/16/2018 at 8:21 AM, Tibarn said:

There was never any sane rationale for ignoring primary education to establish a handful of universities which end up exporting talent to Western countries. If students don't have the fundamentals from primary education, how exactly are they going to take advantage of a select few magical IITs and the sort? 

Hindsight is 20/20.  Why claim that IITs were at the expense of primary education?  Similar arguments are made against ISRO today as well, and the same bhakts jump in to defend that India can afford space research alongside development, and the space program has made great contributions to India.  Same can be said of the IITs as well, they have made major contributions to India. 

 

But let's stick to the agenda of bashing and blaming Nehru for all that went wrong.  Fits a neat narrative that way, facts be damned.  

 

Nehru wasn't perfect.  He made a lot of errors and bad decisions that hurt India. But he made a lot of good ones too.  And IIT is part of the latter, not the former.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 3:20 PM, sandeep said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  Why claim that IITs were at the expense of primary education?  Similar arguments are made against ISRO today as well, and the same bhakts jump in to defend that India can afford space research alongside development, and the space program has made great contributions to India.  Same can be said of the IITs as well, they have made major contributions to India. 

 

But let's stick to the agenda of bashing and blaming Nehru for all that went wrong.  Fits a neat narrative that way, facts be damned.  

 

Nehru wasn't perfect.  He made a lot of errors and bad decisions that hurt India. But he made a lot of good ones too.  And IIT is part of the latter, not the former.

Agree with most of your comment with exception that Modi supporters are not “bhakts”.  Because its far to rich from anti modi camp. Modi supporter criticise / support Modi policy with objectivity. Most of his support base is educated middle class. They do regularly criticise even Modis cabinet.

But for example, say A chandrababu Naidu supporter, who has allways opposed Mamata Didi till one month back, now finds himself in NO dilemma when Chandrababu Naidu attempts to form a coalition with Mamata Didi. And that is Bhakt.

 

BTW, some IT cell Is sharing 200 blunder list of Modi. My only, response to such people is, they found no fault “in the view of Indian enmass shitting on roadside or railway line every morning”, but all of sudden their nationalism and thinking hat is on. Once again, Think, Modi has to run campaign with a India and Indians who were shitting shamelessly in public. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, mishra said:

Agree with most of your comment with exception that Modi supporters are not “bhakts”.  Because its far to rich from anti modi camp. Modi supporter criticise / support Modi policy with objectivity. Most of his support base is educated middle class. They do regularly criticise even Modis cabinet.

But for example, say A chandrababu Naidu supporter, who has allways opposed Mamata Didi till one month back, now finds himself in NO dilemma when Chandrababu Naidu attempts to form a coalition with Mamata Didi. And that is Bhakt.

 

BTW, some IT cell Is sharing 200 blunder list of Modi. My only, response to such people is, they found no fault “in the view of Indian enmass shitting on roadside or railway line every morning”, but all of sudden their nationalism and thinking hat is on. Once again, Think, Modi has to run campaign with a India and Indians who were shitting shamelessly in public. 

This is such a shitty melange of strawmen that I don't even know where to begin.  

 

"Modi Saar" saving us from Indians shitting in public.  "Modi Saar" invented Shulabh Shauchalay didn't he? They frikking came up with those 25 years ago, when I was still in India. Difference is that 25 years later, India is rich enough, and Modi was slick enough, to tack on a "Swacch Bharat Cess" and drumbeat about it.  Still, fair credit to him for prioritizing the issue and all that.  But in one breath, you say Modi supporters are not "bhakts" and then go on to act like one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lol, i gave example of Bhakt. I will give you another example of Bhakt. As per sources, tomorrow, all retards will blame Modi for politicizing CBI because there is a allegation by retiring guy that PM took regular updates on Lslu Yadav case till Lalu got jailed.

Bottomline is, when you oppose Modi, you support/embolden Mamata, Congress, Lalu mulayam mayavati chidambaram , Kejri , pawar and so on. List in south India is equally big.

So, i will support any person, who can make these people pay , or least,  check these people who have sold india to core.

 

So, let neutrals decide who qualifies as Bhakt or Retard.

Edited by mishra

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, sandeep said:

Hindsight is 20/20.  Why claim that IITs were at the expense of primary education?  Similar arguments are made against ISRO today as well, and the same bhakts jump in to defend that India can afford space research alongside development, and the space program has made great contributions to India.  Same can be said of the IITs as well, they have made major contributions to India. 

 

The usual ad hominems by this closeted-pidi, repeating his Bhakt-bhakt, Sanghi-Sanghi verbal diarrhea on a loop, betraying his well-established inability to coherently argue or make a point. This is not unexpected. Unfortunately, the poor guy got triggered by salient criticism of his beloved Nehru's disastrous failure of an economic policy, so he can't carry on his LARPing of neutrality.  

 

It's only "hindsight" for someone ignorant of basic economics and economic history, not to anyone who has read a book on either economics or economic history. I realize that reading anything beyond Wikipedia is difficult for people of Socialist persuasions, but not all of us hold ourselves to such standards of mediocrity. The reality:

 

1)  Nehru didn’t invest enough in primary education. That is evidenced by the rampant illiteracy in India to this day. Similar countries who got independence during similar time periods outperform India on basic measures of primary education, namely adult literacy. That other prime ministers including the current one also fail/have failed in fixing primary education in India, doesn't change that your beloved Nehru was a failure in this regard. 

 

That is not even mentioning secondary education which is often a basic requirement for acquiring a low-end manufacturing job nowadays. Education starts at the bottom. An illiterate populace can't take advantage of even the best secondary or tertiary educational institutions. Unfortunately your beloved Chacha was a Socialist, Statist moron so he didn't understand directionality in either education or in Economics.    

 

He gets blamed for this investment in tertiary education because his apologists whinge endlessly, and inaccurately, about how India was in dire straights when he inherited PM'ship, and they claim he had limited resources for him to create a functional economy.

 

If the excuses apologists make for him are true, which are that: 1) India was a tough case post-independence  and 2) He had limited resources to turn India into a functional economy/country 

 

then --> It is justified to criticize him on how he spends the limited resources he had in the first place. 

 

No major country with a successful economy in history has invested in higher education while skipping/leaving primary education in tatters. Trying to do so shows poor understanding of labor supply.  A poor, uneducated country needs education on the primary level most of all. Poor countries need to shift labor from agriculture to manufacturing.  Make whatever excuses you want. 

 

2)  Of course , what would Nehru apologia be without the tired  "Nehru made IIT" cliché".  Too bad this is a falsehood. The IITs were conceptualized and promoted by a Dr. BC Roy, the first Chief Minister of Bengal. Your beloved Nehruji just signed off on it.  


I would also like to see these "facts" that show that the 5 IITs established under the Nehru-regime contributed significantly to the economy in that period. I doubt you have anything to support your propaganda.

 

The reality is you won't be able to show any discernible, large-scale benefit of the IITs in the Nehruvian era, 1947-1964. India experienced a so-called "IT revolution" only post Rajiv, but it really boomed post economic liberalization by Rao and Vajpayee. At that point there were numerous other IITs and Engineering/Tech(and other discipline) schools established as well(which each consecutive PM can also steal credit for).  Your deranged Chachaji did nothing tangible for the IT sector boom. 

 

This can be seen by the breakdown of the economic sectors across the years itself, like in this chart:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Pretty much no movement in the service sector until the 80s (with no real movement in the manufacturing sector either).

 

That they may have contributed to the economy post "IT-revolution" or post "Economic Liberalization" is irrelevant, as those are major economic decisions/actions taken by different PMs decades after.  That's not even mentioning the fact that this contribution doesn't even show up when taking lag effect into account.  

 

Investing in something in the 50's and them not bearing significant fruit until 30-40+ years after the investment, under economic conditions which you didn't establish, is now being passed off as an achievement nowadays. :hysterical:

 

Of course, this post also includes a random strawman concerning some amorphous mass of "bhakts" existing somewhere in the ether supposedly trumpeting ISRO as a great economic achievement of Modi, as if these imaginary "bhakts" are similarly unversed in economics as someone trumpeting IITs as an economic workhorse or growth engine of India.  I'm sure these statements linking Modi-ISRO-great economic achievement will be reproduced for all to see here (just kidding:(().

 

On 11/9/2018 at 10:20 AM, sandeep said:

But let's stick to the agenda of bashing and blaming Nehru for all that went wrong.  Fits a neat narrative that way, facts be damned.  

 

 

Your entire argument is weak and devoid of any facts or data. It is solely propaganda. 

 

 Alleging that other people have agendas and are biased while not providing anything in an entire post except for:" Nehrooji is great you gaizs, IITs rool !!! everyone else iz Bhaktz... derp derp." :facepalm:

Quote

Nehru wasn't perfect.  He made a lot of errors and bad decisions that hurt India. But he made a lot of good ones too.  And IIT is part of the latter, not the former.

False, Nehru made few if any good decisions and only Goebbelsian hagiographers say otherwise. Pretty much every PM in Indian history is better than him. Even if/when Pappu becomes PM, he won't be as incompetent as your beloved Chacha. 

 

Go ahead and show these great achievements of your beloved Chacha in the economic sphere. Hint hint: there are none. 

 

This BS propaganda can be debunked easily below with a few charts and numbers, as I will do below:

 

india-gdp-post-independence.jpg

 

A total GDP growth rate of 1.68 GDP during his reign. 

 

@ a 1.68 GDP growth rate, India experienced these levels of inflation:

inflation-in-early-india.jpg

 

His entire PM-ship is essentially a story of either rampant inflation or uncontrolled deflation combined with an average growth rate of 1.68%  Almost every year of his reign, the average Indian, who started off as a malnourished peasant, got poorer! :hysterical: 

 

No successful country in history adopted Socialism as an economic model. This was the case before the 1940s, and this fact has been further supported after morons like your Chacha Nehru destroyed an economy and India was left in the dust in compared to other colonies/similarly poor countries. There were multiple leaders in India itself, within and outside the original Congress party who actively capitalism including Sardar Patel, BR Ambedkar, and C. Rajagopalichari.   Three contemporary leaders, two within his own party, and two from humble backgrounds took the time to understand economics. That your beloved Nehru had a sub-human IQ doesn't excuse his incompetence. 

 

Edit

My apologies for my mistake: 

I read another book by Ambedkar, apparently he was a fool like Chacha as well. All statist economists are by definition fools. He and anyone else who promotes such idiocy deserves to be tossed into the dustbin and constantly ridiculed. 

 

In fact Nehru should be summarily decried as a criminal as supported by the research below, from Swaminathan Aiyar of the CATO Institute:

The Human Cost of Delayed Economic Reform in India

socialism-kills.jpg

Due to his disastrous policies, an estimated additional 261 million Indians are illiterate and 14.5 million are dead.   Pakistanis in their dreams couldn't kill as many Indians as Chacha did. 

 

 "But...but...but IITs sanghis, chaddis, bhakts, inna mina dhika etc, etc,"   

 

Of course, as the argument can be summarized as "bhakt, bhakt", which is eerily similar to the "bow bow" sound that Pidis make, I guess I should provide a quotation to reveal how little regard people had for him and his policies.  

Spoiler

“Nehru had no idea of economics. He talked of Socialism, but he did not know how to define it. He talked of social justice, but I told him he could have this only when there was an increase in production. He did not grasp that.” —Chester Bowles, then US Ambassador to India.

 

“You know, I never go to Nehru to seek advice or guidance. I take a decision & just present it to him as a fait accompli. Nehru’s mind is too complex to wrestle w the intricacies of a problem. Those who go to him for advice rarely get a lead, that only serves to delay.. matters. Nehru does not understand economics, & is lead by the nose by ‘professors’ & ‘experts’ who pander to his whims & fancies. I do not know where we are going. The country needs a man like Patel.” —Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, Nehru’s close friend and confidant

 

 

 

Edited by Tibarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tibarn said:

The usual ad hominems by this closeted-pidi, repeating his Bhakt-bhakt, Sanghi-Sanghi verbal diarrhea on a loop, betraying his well-established inability to coherently argue or make a point. This is not unexpected. Unfortunately, the poor guy got triggered by salient criticism of his beloved Nehru's disastrous failure of an economic policy, so he can't carry on his LARPing of neutrality.  

 

It's only "hindsight" for someone ignorant of basic economics and economic history, not to anyone who has read a book on either economics or economic history. I realize that reading anything beyond Wikipedia is difficult for people of Socialist persuasions, but not all of us hold ourselves to such standards of mediocrity. The reality:

 

1)  Nehru didn’t invest enough in primary education. That is evidenced by the rampant illiteracy in India to this day. Similar countries who got independence during similar time periods outperform India on basic measures of primary education, namely adult literacy. That other prime ministers including the current one also fail/have failed in fixing primary education in India, doesn't change that your beloved Nehru was a failure in this regard. 

 

That is not even mentioning secondary education which is often a basic requirement for acquiring a low-end manufacturing job nowadays. Education starts at the bottom. An illiterate populace can't take advantage of even the best secondary or tertiary educational institutions. Unfortunately your beloved Chacha was a Socialist, Statist moron so he didn't understand directionality in either education or in Economics.    

 

He gets blamed for this investment in tertiary education because his apologists whinge endlessly, and inaccurately, about how India was in dire straights when he inherited PM'ship, and they claim he had limited resources for him to create a functional economy.

 

If the excuses apologists make for him are true, which are that: 1) India was a tough case post-independence  and 2) He had limited resources to turn India into a functional economy/country 

 

then --> It is justified to criticize him on how he spends the limited resources he had in the first place. 

 

No major country with a successful economy in history has invested in higher education while skipping/leaving primary education in tatters. Trying to do so shows poor understanding of labor supply.  A poor, uneducated country needs education on the primary level most of all. Poor countries need to shift labor from agriculture to manufacturing.  Make whatever excuses you want. 

 

2)  Of course , what would Nehru apologia be without the tired  "Nehru made IIT" cliché".  Too bad this is a falsehood. The IITs were conceptualized and promoted by a Dr. BC Roy, the first Chief Minister of Bengal. Your beloved Nehruji just signed off on it.  


I would also like to see these "facts" that show that the 5 IITs established under the Nehru-regime contributed significantly to the economy in that period. I doubt you have anything to support your propaganda.

 

The reality is you won't be able to show any discernible, large-scale benefit of the IITs in the Nehruvian era, 1947-1964. India experienced a so-called "IT revolution" only post Rajiv, but it really boomed post economic liberalization by Rao and Vajpayee. At that point there were numerous other IITs and Engineering/Tech(and other discipline) schools established as well(which each consecutive PM can also steal credit for).  Your deranged Chachaji did nothing tangible for the IT sector boom. 

 

This can be seen by the breakdown of the economic sectors across the years itself, like in this chart:

Screenshot-2.jpg

Pretty much no movement in the service sector until the 80s (with no real movement in the manufacturing sector either).

 

That they may have contributed to the economy post "IT-revolution" or post "Economic Liberalization" is irrelevant, as those are major economic decisions/actions taken by different PMs decades after.  That's not even mentioning the fact that this contribution doesn't even show up when taking lag effect into account.  

 

Investing in something in the 50's and them not bearing significant fruit until 30-40+ years after the investment, under economic conditions which you didn't establish, is now being passed off as an achievement nowadays. :hysterical:

 

Of course, this post also includes a random strawman concerning some amorphous mass of "bhakts" existing somewhere in the ether supposedly trumpeting ISRO as a great economic achievement of Modi, as if these imaginary "bhakts" are similarly unversed in economics as someone trumpeting IITs as an economic workhorse or growth engine of India.  I'm sure these statements linking Modi-ISRO-great economic achievement will be reproduced for all to see here (just kidding:(().

 

Your entire argument is weak and devoid of any facts or data. It is solely propaganda. 

 

 Alleging that other people have agendas and are biased while not providing anything in an entire post except for:" Nehrooji is great you gaizs, IITs rool !!! everyone else iz Bhaktz... derp derp." :facepalm:

False, Nehru made few if any good decisions and only Goebbelsian hagiographers say otherwise. Pretty much every PM in Indian history is better than him. Even if/when Pappu becomes PM, he won't be as incompetent as your beloved Chacha. 

 

Go ahead and show these great achievements of your beloved Chacha in the economic sphere. Hint hint: there are none. 

 

This BS propaganda can be debunked easily below with a few charts and numbers, as I will do below:

 

india-gdp-post-independence.jpg

 

A total GDP growth rate of 1.68 GDP during his reign. 

 

@ a 1.68 GDP growth rate, India experienced these levels of inflation:

inflation-in-early-india.jpg

 

His entire PM-ship is essentially a story of either rampant inflation or uncontrolled deflation combined with an average growth rate of 1.68%  Almost every year of his reign, the average Indian, who started off as a malnourished peasant, got poorer! :hysterical: 

 

No successful country in history adopted Socialism as an economic model. This was the case before the 1940s, and this fact has been further supported after morons like your Chacha Nehru destroyed an economy and India was left in the dust in compared to other colonies/similarly poor countries. There were multiple leaders in India itself, within and outside the original Congress party who actively capitalism including Sardar Patel, BR Ambedkar, and C. Rajagopalichari.   Three contemporary leaders, two within his own party, and two from humble backgrounds took the time to understand economics. That your beloved Nehru had a sub-human IQ doesn't excuse his incompetence. 

 

In fact Nehru should be summarily decried as a criminal as supported by the research below, from Swaminathan Aiyar of the CATO Institute:

The Human Cost of Delayed Economic Reform in India

socialism-kills.jpg

Due to his disastrous policies, an estimated additional 261 million Indians are illiterate and 14.5 million are dead.   Pakistanis in their dreams couldn't kill as many Indians as Chacha did. 

 

 "But...but...but IITs sanghis, chaddis, bhakts, inna mina dhika etc, etc,"   

 

Of course, as the argument can be summarized as "bhakt, bhakt", which is eerily similar to the "bow bow" sound that Pidis make, I guess I should provide a quotation to reveal how little regard people had for him and his policies.  

  Reveal hidden contents

“Nehru had no idea of economics. He talked of Socialism, but he did not know how to define it. He talked of social justice, but I told him he could have this only when there was an increase in production. He did not grasp that.” —Chester Bowles, then US Ambassador to India.

 

“You know, I never go to Nehru to seek advice or guidance. I take a decision & just present it to him as a fait accompli. Nehru’s mind is too complex to wrestle w the intricacies of a problem. Those who go to him for advice rarely get a lead, that only serves to delay.. matters. Nehru does not understand economics, & is lead by the nose by ‘professors’ & ‘experts’ who pander to his whims & fancies. I do not know where we are going. The country needs a man like Patel.” —Rafi Ahmed Kidwai, Nehru’s close friend and confidant

 

 

 

Glad to see you back! 

 

You started chucking bombs right with your first post back :hysterical:

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Moochad said:

Glad to see you back! 

 

You started chucking bombs right with your first post back :hysterical:

It's only for today :((

Amreekans apparently need a whole week to celebrate the genocide of Native Americans, but I am stuck in this airport, and I forgot my Switch at home, so I have to post on here to kill time!

 

My post is hardly bombastic!

 

I just baited Sandeep into revealing his anti-Modi and Socialist nature. I think he got triggered by my writing Mahatma Modi, so he clearly struggles understanding sarcasm. I'm glad he took the bait :hysterical:

 

 

 

 

Edited by Tibarn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tibarn said:

I just baited Sandeep into revealing his anti-Modi and Socialist nature. I think he got triggered by my writing Mahatma Modi, so he clearly struggles understanding sarcasm. I'm glad he took the bait :hysterical:

Lol yaar, that would be the 2nd time you baited someone with that phrase!!! :cantstop:

Edited by Moochad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Guest, sign in to access all features.

×