Indian Super League - ADK is the first champion!

Vilander

Former Feyenoord Midfielder Set For Pune City FC Switch John-Goossens_FA8A3E9A6D2AE1DCC1257A4600589B9A_19.jpgFormer Dutch Under-21 international John Goossens is set to join FC Pune City in the Indian Super League. The 26-year-old midfielder was released by Feyenoord this summer and is currently looking for a new club. Schooled at Ajax’s famed youth academy, Goossens joined the Rotterdam outfit in 2012 from NEC and went on to make 34 appearances for the club. The midfielder is all set to join FC Pune City and sign a two-month contract with the ISL franchise, according to the Algemeen Dagblad. He will link up with former France and Juventus superstar David Trezeguet at the Pune outfit and will be under the stewardship of former Napoli manager Franco Colomba. FC Pune City slumped to a 5-0 defeat against Mumbai City FC in the Maharashtra derby last week and are currently seventh in the eight team league.

From what i saw(watched some part towards end of match) cavin lobo certainly a one to look out for among Indian Players. Did this guy played entire match? If not he should start. Once Garcia comes ATK will be even better.
watched first full match of ISL yesterday :dance: I think he played full match from start to end and his second goal was awesome :two_thumbs_up: there were too much physical activities on the ground, I think this is happening in every game :hitler:

watched first full match of ISL yesterday :dance: I think he played full match from start to end and his second goal was awesome :two_thumbs_up: there were too much physical activities on the ground, I think this is happening in every game :hitler:
Its because the referees are not having full control on the game. I think they are under instruction to minimize the yellow/red cards. Players know it...& they are trying to see if they can get physical to get some advantage. IMO the foreign players have atleast trained our Indian players to get aggressive & be physical themselves & not get bullied by opposition foreign players. In the end.....they themselves set the example. Yesterday game IMO was the best game of the season so far. Actually all ADK games have been great except the one they draw :--D

If he is from Feyenoord Delhi should snatch him
Yeah, it's strange that Pune signed him and not Delhi, but Delhi's squad is already complete now. Pune has one of their overseas players' injured, hence they've been looking for another overseas signing for some time now. Signing a 26-year-old who just played for a top first-division club is brilliant. It's unlikely that he'll be able to make a big difference alone though. The team will still need to play well as a unit. They were awful against Mumbai.