Indian Super League - ADK is the first champion!

Vilander

No wonder. :giggle: S=G' date=' if you think he's supporting the team cuz of SRT, you are wrong. :giggle:[/quote'] SRT is the prime reason :agree: but why Kerala :confused: Atleast the catering will be better thanks to the co-owner :giggle:

SRT is the prime reason :agree: but why Kerala :confused: Atleast the catering will be better thanks to the co-owner :giggle:
Ask Sharapova. :giggle: She might still not know who SRT is, but would be fluent in Malayalam after all those comments under her FB.

Athletico De Kolkata owned and operated by Sourav Ganguly, Harshavardhan Neotia, Sanjiv Goenka, Utsav Parekh, and Spanish La Liga side Atletico Madrid.
Reason behind it's name. But North East United FC has no relation with Manchester United?

220332_heroa.jpg The former French international is set to ply his trade in the inaugural edition of the IMG-Reliance’s organized tournament… David Trezeguet looks likely to be the marquee player for Salman Khan and Wadhawan Group’s FC Pune City, Goal can reveal. The former Juventus striker played for Newell’s Old Boys in Argentina on loan from River Plate where he scored 7 goals in 24 appearances. With his contract set to expire in December and not having the best of relationships with River Plate coach Fernando Cavenaghi, it seems the 36-year old will be seen playing in the inaugural edition of the Indian Super League (ISL). “Trezeguet is an example as an athlete and for his love for River. Our desire is for him to continue at the club, not as a player," said River Plate president, Rodolfo D'Onofrio a couple of days back. However, it is learnt that the Frenchman will play for FC Pune City as their designated marquee player. With 34 goals in 71 appearances for France, Trezeguet was part of the 1998 World Cup winning side and also has the distinction of scoring the golden goal in the Euro 2000 triumph against Italy in the final.

trezeguet.jpg David Trezeguet is starting the next chapter of his glorious career at Pune, the Indian football club that is controlled by the Della Valle, who also owns Fiorentina. The Della Valle strongly wanted to acquire the former Juventus striker to help promote football in Asia and India. This is what Trezeguet said in an interview to the Viola Channel: ”This will be a new experience for me in a different place and with a different football. They made me a proposal that also went beyond football, but also to do with marketing and I believe promoting football in these countries is the right thing to do. It will be an interesting life experience. I’m ready for this new 3 month adventure with other players that come from different places and played at a high level. I always follow Italian football despite the distance. I follow Fiorentina since they play nice football and have many South Americans. I wish Fiorentina to do continue to do well. Was I disappointed by Italy in the World Cup? Nobody expected them to be eliminated in group stage, but I’m certain Italian national team will return to the level where they belong” Trezeguet is ready to make an impact in India by scoring many goals.

10563156_316872991821964_3379794444964128834_n.jpg FC Pune City CEO Gaurav Modwel:
Indian football is at a point of inflexion, and FC Pune City shall leave no stone unturned in our endeavour to fulfil millions of dreams of players, fans and of football lovers. We shall uphold our motto of Passion, Honour and Glory on the pitch and off it as well - by engaging with the community and working purposefully at grassroot level. Our partnership with ACF Fiorentina is a step in this direction. David Trezeguet will be our marquee player. David is the third highest French goal scorer behind Thierry Henry and Michel Platini (34 goals in 71 appearances). He will be the team`s spearhead in the ISL and we expect him to lead us to the title. The whole idea was to build a spine of the team and so we wanted to pick the right goalkeeper and central defender. We draw inspiration from Pune city and the team will play with passion to achieve honour and glory. We would like to win on and off the pitch. Trezeguet will spearhead the team’s campaign. He has scored 138 goals in 245 appearances for Juventus. We will send our team to Florence for training. By joining hands with the legends of football, FC Pune City brings international expertise to the Team to nurture young talent and hopefully take football to a different level in a country where all other sports have been eclipsed by cricket. We have to keep the signing amount confidential due to the ISL rules. We are redoing the dressing rooms for international players.
ACF Fiorentina CEO Sandro Mencucci:
It is indeed a great opportunity for us to associate with FC Pune City, as it is a platform for us to nurture football talent amongst India's youth. Pune is a young and vibrant city in India and is a great destination, synonymous to the definition of football - young, vibrant, global and youthful. ACF Fiorentina has tirelessly worked towards growing the level of football in Italy and through this tie-up we only hope to help the much needed growth of the wonderful sport of football in a country as beautiful and lively as India. This is the first season and we have to run to build the team. We have to teach the young players. Soccer in US was developed around the youth. They are doing well and in the recent World Cup also they did well. In India, we can build a soccer movement like in USA. We want to build an academy in Pune. Our club was languishing in Serie C2 , but we recovered, became strong and played the Champions League. We are involved in youth development in Switzerland, China and Japan and in a soccer movement in the California, USA. We would like to be part of the soccer movement in India. Trezeguet played for Juventus that was Fiorentina’s enemy team, but here we will work together.
ACF head planning and control Leonardo Limatola:
We think the quality will improve with six overseas players taking the field with five Indians in the ISL. FC Pune City has an excellent and experienced coach in Franco Colomba (he has worked with Napoli, Cagliari, Verona and Parma) and he will find ways for the overseas and Indian players to adjust and combine well. The quality of the Indian players would improve. Not all the best Indian players were available at the draft. We debated a lot and did serious analysis before choosing a player. Playing with better players will allow the weaker to become stronger, especially in group sports like football. We have to let the players grow up with others. Some players could become better in a few sessions or a few weeks of training. When a player comes out from the young sector, normally if you look at them playing all together, they don`t look like high quality footballers. But some of them, when they are put in with professionals, play as good as the other players in a few months. That is what we hope will happen in India. It (Indians playing with stronger players) will increase the speed, the way they pass the ball and maybe increase their self-confidence. We have seen some Indian football in the past. The standard of the I-League was not close to the first division of most important European countries. We would like to develop the sport and its quality with the help of clubs that would like to invest in development. We think Indian football needs to be developed from the first stage. We have to start from the beginning. It is the only way to improve the standard of football. It is the only way to increase the quality or the performance of the players.

Del Piero could play in India Alessandro-del-Piero-italy-2002_3144508.jpgAlessandro Del Piero: Former Juventus and Italy great could be India-bound Rumours of an imminent move to the Indian Super League for Juventus legend Alessandro Del Piero have gathered pace after he revealed he is weighing up two offers to continue his playing career. The inaugural ISL commences in October and marquee players confirmed to play include UEFA Champions League winner Luis Garcia, World Cup winners Robert Pires and Joan Capdevila, and Del Piero’s former Juventus team-mate David Trezeguet. The 39-year-old is currently in Australia and will captain an All-Stars side against former club Juventus on Saturday. "It could be my last game in Australia, but I'm still in touch with the (Australian) federation and Sydney FC as well. I'm happy to be here and hope to stay in touch in the future,†Del Piero said. "Now I have to choose exactly what is the best for me with the opportunities, but I want to play on. "At the end of the day it's not an easy moment for me to understand what is best to do because I have more options coming for outside the pitch rather than on the pitch. "After this game I will sit with my family, my manager, everyone and I will decide what is the best for me and, I hope, play on. "It's my passion. I understand I can follow my passion until I'm 90 years old, but I think I'm in good shape to play for one more year and this is my idea." The former Juventus striker, who scored 208 goals in 513 appearances, admitted coming up against his old side will be an emotional occasion. "This is a special game, not only for me but for the Australian federation, all the players," he said. "It will be, for sure, exciting to come face-to-face with my former team. I don't know what can happen, because it's a very unique situation."

Magliocchetti and adventure in Pune: "Fiorentina a guarantee, I accepted immediately" BkY0S-DCMAAk1OV.jpg He writes Pune FC, says Italy, or even Fiorentina. From about three weeks, in fact, the Viola have formalized their partnership with this Indian team that will participate in the new national league, the Indian Super League. A tournament still in progress, so much so that the official website of ISL is work in progress, but the movements of the eight participating teams certainly are not lacking. The Pune, in fact, started well in advance and it is assigned to a totally Italian, on and off the field. On the bench there will be sailed Franco Colomba, who has in his employ David Trezeguet, the former champion Juventus, in addition to trusty Emanuele Belardi and Bruno Cirillo. Preside over the defense and with them there will be another old acquaintance of Italian football, the youngest Daniele Magliocchetti. Central defensive grew up in Rome, class '86, he played with the meshes of Verona, Cagliari, Triestina, Reggiana and Ascoli, in the First Division. Now this Indian adventure, which Magliocchetti jumped at. "On July 1, came the proposal of Pune and I accepted it without delay," he said in an exclusive microphones de' Football Magazine. "With my agent Petrocco we delved into this type of proposal and I have not examined whether there were alternatives. Now I'm looking forward to starting a short'll know when I will start this experience. I expect so much, from all points of view: human, soccer and staff." What prompted you to accept this proposal without delay? "I have two main guarantees. Behind the Pune's Fiorentina and then the coach Franco Colomba, there are other Italian and this is definitely good for me. Colomba and Fiorentina are two components to the series that made me accept, without them certainly I would think twice about it. In this regard, I want to thank the family of the Colomba and the ds purple Pradè for the opportunity." Many Italians, but especially Trezeguet... "These are things that the child can only dream of. It does not happen every day to play with champions like Trezeguet, who has won several league titles and a European title with France. Whatever happens one day I will tell my son to have played with Trezeguet, not to mention people like Belardi and Cirillo, who, for the career they have done, they have nothing to envy anyone." The Pune is only the last Asian colony of European football. But what do you think pushes Europe to appear in this type of football? "Honestly, from here I can not say with precision. But if teams such as Feyenoord, Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina invest there will have their reasons and development interests. Clearly, in Italy - is under the eyes of all - that the football system is a bit 'stuck. The great champions difficult to get some of our young prospects and export them. I do not agree with those who say that the level is low or more of our scarce in Asia because now there are so many coaches and players who have done well in Europe." Then one day Magliocchetti will return to Italy? "Now I think only partitre, we'll see what happens after day after day. I do not exclude anything, I'm open to all: I have accepted India, but are open to other leagues. I'm not at all disappointed by an Italian football. Pune I want to be reborn in football, there are potential to do well and that here in Italy there were no".

Caliendo (ag. Trezeguet): "David in India was expected for some time, could return to Italy" E 'born recently the partnership between Fiorentina and Pune FC coached by Franco Colomba. The Indian team will also play David Trezeguet. The French agent Antonio Caliendo has thus spoken to Sky Sports: "Trezeguet in India was expected. The River has not vacated, found this Agreement, but may be important to bring in Modena in January."