Indian Super League - ADK is the first champion!

Vilander

Be prepared for some samba magic in India- Ronaldinho may play in ISL 263859-ronaldinho.jpg It's the quarterfinal of the 2002 FIFA World Cup. Brazil and England are playing some delightful football. The score is 1-1. We are into the 48th minute. Paul Scholes brings down Brazil's Kleberson about 40 yards away from the English goal. Ronaldo de Assis Moreira — or Ronaldinho as we all know him — steps up to take the free-kick. He sees that England goalkeeper David Seaman is slightly off his line. So, he decides to chip the ball. The chip is perfect. The ball goes over the goalkeeper and into the top bracket of the goal. Brazil win the game 2-1 and go on to win the World Cup. Ronaldinho becomes an instant legend. For almost a decade-and-a-half, Ronaldinho has mesmerised fans all over the world with his slick movements, pin-point crosses, curling free-kicks and unimaginable through-balls. He shone at the world's best clubs like Barcelona, AC Milan and Paris Saint-Germain. And now, Ronaldinho is set to participate in the Indian Super League (ISL). Yes, you heard it right! Even though there is no official confirmation, sources in the know have revealed that the Brazilian legend is set to join the Chennai franchise. After playing out his contract with Atletico Mineiro in Brazil last month, Ronaldinho is now a free agent. Prashant Agarwal, CEO of Kshatriya Sports and Playon Skills, who represented Team Chennai at the ISL international player draft last week, told dna that "anything is possible". "It's not easy to sign a superstar like Ronaldinho. To sign such a big player, you need to have a detailed discussion with him and his agent. We need to make them understand the enormity of this venture. After all, this is the first edition of the league." Agarwal, who is currently in Sweden for obvious reasons, added, "Ronaldinho's brother Roberto de Assis Moreira is a good friend of mine. I can't reveal if I have been in talks with him about his brother, but I can tell you that we will get a legend on board." Kshatriya Sports and Playon Skills have a technical tie-up with the Inter Milan academy in India. Agarwal claims that it was he who got Alessandro del Piero to Delhi Dynamos. "When I first suggested Del Piero, everyone thought I was crazy. Same way, people don't believe that Ronaldinho could come to India. We'll see what happens in the coming weeks." Ronaldinho or R10 as he is otherwise known, has won the FIFA World Player of the Year award twice (2004 and 2005). A certain Lionel Messi says Ronaldinho is his biggest inspiration. In an interview with Barca TV last year, Messi said, "I've always said that from the first moment I entered the changing room, Ronaldinho and the rest of the Brazilians — Deco, Sylvinho and Thiago Motta — welcomed me and made things easier for me. But above all, him (Ronaldinho), because he was the star of the team. I learnt a lot from him. Ronaldinho made everything much easier for me. I had the good luck to experience him at first hand and to share many things with him. I can say that he's a really great person and that's the most important thing." Ronaldinho made his senior debut for Gremio in the 1998 Copa Libertadores tournament. The following year, he joined the Brazilian national team to compete in the FIFA Confederations Cup in Mexico. Brazil turned in a second- place finish, and Ronaldinho won the Golden Ball Award as the tournament's best player as well as the Golden Boot Award as its leading goal-scorer. Firmly established as a star on the international stage, in 2001 Ronaldinho left Brazil for Europe, signing a contract to play for Paris Saint-Germain in France. After winning the World Cup in 2002, Ronaldinho fulfilled a lifelong dream by joining FC Barcelona in 2003. There, he wore the legendary No. 10 jersey typically worn by the squad's greatest creative player. He led his teammates to the pinnacle of club success in 2006 with a triumphant run through the prestigious UEFA Champions League tournament. The following month, Ronaldinho headlined a very talented Brazilian squad that entered the World Cup with sky- high expectations. The tournament ended in disappointment for the defending champs though, as France knocked Brazil out in the quarterfinals. In 2008, Ronaldinho left Barcelona to join AC Milan, but his performance for the Italian Serie A giants was mostly nondescript. Underscoring his fading status, the former World Player of the Year was not included in the 2010 Brazilian team that competed in the World Cup in South Africa. His woes did not end there. Despite his good performances for Atletico Mineiro in the Brazilian league, Brazil coach Luiz Felipe Scolari overlooked him for the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. Now, even at 34, he is fit to play a 90-minute game. His skills with the ball are unquestionable. He can still do his trademark Elastica — or the rubber-band trick as it more commonly known — on demand. So India, be sure to expect nothing less than magnificent from a nothing less than magnificent player.

Chennai wait for word from Ronaldinho camp PANAJI: The Chennai franchise of the Indian Super League is waiting for a word from Ronaldinho's agent and brother, Roberto de Assis, to carry forward an almost implausible dream of playing in India. Neither owners of the Chennai franchise -- Abhishek Bachchan, Asian Paints -- or technical partner Play On Skills have directly established contact with Barcelona and Brazil star Ronaldinho. But, according to sources, another international player-management agency is in the forefront of the negotiations, even appointing a Portuguese interpreter for smooth talks. "We are waiting to hear from Ronaldinho's brother if he is willing to come to India for advanced negotiations or if someone from here needs to rush to Brazil. That will happen only if there is confirmed interest," said the source. When contacted by TOI, Ronaldinho's brother who is also his agent, dodged the India query. "I cannot say anything about this. I am catching a flight at the moment. We could speak sometime later," Roberto de Assis, told TOI. The Chennai franchise first made contact with Ronaldinho's agent last week and, coincidentally, it came on the eve of breakdown in talks with Brazilian club Palmeiras, who wanted to sign the two-time World Player of the Year as part of their centenary celebrations. The Chennai franchise, it is learnt, would have no hesitation in paying almost USD 3 million (approx. 18 crore) for the former Barcelona star for a two-year contract — only for the ISL — and have also agreed on paying a ten percent signing fee, besides a major share of income from sponsors signed after his arrival. Sources said the newest franchise should brace themselves for a minimum of USD 2 million (Rs 12 crore) a year if they are to entertain any hopes of landing the magician footballer. Chennai, though, are not alone in jostling for Ronaldinho's services. Ronaldinho's break down of talks with Brazilian club Palmeiras has rekindled interest from a plethora of clubs around the world. Clubs linked to two-time Fifa World Player of the Year are Santos, New York Red Bulls, Fluminense, Besiktas, Queens Park Rangers and Boca Juniors. The latest additions wanting his signature include cash-rich clubs in Qatar and Australian side Sydney FC, who are looking to replace their marquee signing, Alessandro Del Piero, who has curiously decided to head to India.

Colomba (FC Pune City): "Next week we will be in Florence" Franco Colomba, coach of FC Pune City, the Indian team that opened a partnership with Fiorentina, spoke to the Gazzetta dello Sport: "I just got here, I have yet to acclimatize. Today will direct the first training session, and then we leave for Florence on September 4th where we will stay one week. Here we want to bring football to the level of cricket, takes time. But the facilities and the resources are there."

Lenny Rodrigues: People will watch the ISL 292745_heroa.jpgLenny Rodrigues The former India Player of the Year shared his thoughts after FC Pune City’s training session at Symbiosis University’s, Lavale Campus… FC Pune City’s Lenny Rodrigues stated that the team’s preparation for the inaugural edition of the Indian Super League (ISL) is on a full swing with the arrival of head coach Franco Colomba. “First of all, we came from many different states. All the players are practicing and gelling well. We are not used to the coach (Colomba) yet but slowly we will,†he told Goal. He mentioned of the buzz being around the new league conceptualised by IMG-Reliance, unlike any other competition in the country. “Now we have all the domestic Indian players and 8 other foreigners will be coming. The atmosphere in the team is very good. We are excited to play in the ISL. “I think because the foreign players are coming, the junior Indian players can learn more from the international players. The owners are pretty excited. We have a young side, we want to compete with the other teams,†he said. The former Churchill Brothers striker believes that fans will turn out in numbers for the ISL games. “All the players from the world and India will watch because we might have the former FIFA player of the year (Ronaldinho who is allegedly in talks with the Chennai franchise coming in the ISL. So, people will come to watch as well. “Everybody is saying that the ISL will not work out. I would say that let is first happen and then we can decide. I think it will boost the grassroot level as well.â€

Ronaldinho in ‘direct’ talks with Team Chennai 394756_heroa.jpgRonaldinho could soon be plying his trade in India The representatives of the former Ballon d’or winner have been in touch with the Chennai franchise... Team Chennai are expected to hold another round of discussion with Ronaldinho and his representative after the exhibition tie in Rome on September 1, 2014. Ronaldinho is amongst the list of several high profile players such as Zinedine Zidane, Lionel Messi, Neymar, Samuel Eto’o and Andrea Pirlo to feature in the 2014 edition of the Match for Peace. Prashant Agarwal, CEO of Kshatriya Sports and also one of the co-owners of the Chennai franchise, informed that discussions with Ronaldinho were initiated on the day of the international players’ draft of the Indian Super League (ISL) on August 21st, 2014. The 34-year-old Ronaldinho has been without a club since leaving Atletico Mineiro in July. Palmeiras were close to roping in the former World Cup veteran as part of its centennial celebrations but the deal fell through eventually. “Yes, we have been in touch with Ronaldinho and his representative for the last one week or so. However, I would like to clarify that the numbers such as USD 3 million or 36 crores INR for two years doing the rounds in the market are absolutely false,” Agarwal told Goal from Rome. Agarwal mentioned that he had played an important role in luring Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet to be a part of the inaugural edition of the ISL by joining the Delhi Dynamos and FC Pune City. “We have been in direct contact with Ronaldinho’s agent. If we can manage to get Del Piero and Trezeguet to India on our own, why would we need to approach Ronaldinho via a third party?” he questioned. With Inter Milan likely to be a part of Team Chennai, which is owned by Bollywood star Abhishek Bachchan and the first cousin of Mukesh Ambani – Vita Dani, it is reliably learnt that Javier Zanetti would also play an important role to lure the Brazilian star to India. It must be noted that one of the charitable projects who have led the Match for Peace initiative is Fondazione P.U.P.I Onlus, founded by Zanetti and his wife Paula, a foundation promoting and supporting long-distance adoption programs. Goal has been named the official media partner for the event.

Indian interest in Ronaldinho 78344253_3053565.jpgRonaldinho: A wanted man in the Indian Super League Brazilian superstar Ronaldinho is a primary target for the Indian Super League's Chennai outfit, according to senior club official Prashant Agarwal. The former Barcelona and AC Milan forward is a free agent after his contract with Athletico Miniero expired and has reportedly seen negotiations with several Brazilian sides scuppered due to his financial demands. But the two-time FIFA World Player of the Year could be bound for the inaugural eight-team league set to kick-off on October 12 after informal talks began over a move to India earlier this week. Talks between Chennai officials and Ronaldinho's brother and agent Roberto are expected to take place in Rome following the World Cup winner's participation in Monday's Match for Peace - endorsed by Pope Francis. "It's true that I would love Ronaldinho to come to India but I am only one of 1.2 billion who would like to see that," Agarwal told Sky Sports. "I have worked extensively with players who have played in Serie A over the years and am personally travelling to Rome to finalise negotiations with some of them to join Chennai's Super League project. "We'd like Ronaldinho to be part of that project and I'm confident we can offer him a package which reflects his status as one of the most naturally gifted footballers on the planet. "I am conducting the majority of player negotiations for Team Chennai myself and the opportunities for someone of his profile in a marketplace like India are immense. “He would certainly capture the hearts and minds of people in the country.” Former Juventus strikers Alessandro Del Piero and David Trezeguet, Arsenal ‘Invincibles’ Robert Pires and Freddie Ljungberg and ex-Liverpool pair David James and Luis Garcia will all play in the league. Former Newcastle and Sunderland striker Michael Chopra, whose grandparents hail from Punjab, will play for Kerala Blasters, the side co-owned by former Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar. The league is backed by the All-India Football Federation, its marketing partner IMG-Reliance and braodcaster Star Sports. Agarwal added: "There is an incredible desire to make this league a success. Nita Ambani (the league's founding chairperson) in particular, has championed this huge development for Indian football and has helped unleash a platform for the sport that we have always dreamt of."

Ronaldinho Happy With Terms, Yet to Take Call Tottenham.jpg The two-time FIFA World Player of the Year is ‘happy with the terms’ that the Indian Super League franchise has offered and sources indicated there was every chance of arriving at a deal after the European transfer window closes. The snag, however, was that the star had received some late offers from England with his agent and brother reportedly telling English media outlets that Ronaldinho had three offers from England. Representatives of Chennai Titans had flown to Rome on Sunday to meet the Brazilian and his agent on the sidelines of a charity match being played in the city. Eidur for Goa? FC Goa City are in talks with former Chelsea and Barcelona star Eidur Gudjohnsen, sources told TNIE on Monday. The 35-year-old Iceland striker, who has also played for Tottenham, Bolton Wanderers and Monaco, is currently a free agent after a stint with Belgian side Club Brugge. The Goa side are also considering an approach for Brazil star Juninho Pernambucano. Goa are also yet to make a decision on the coach, though it is believed that former West Brom manager Steve Clarke has now dropped out of the running. A number of high-profile names including Brazil legend Zico have been linked with the post.

Baker & McKenzie Advises ACF Fiorentina on Its Entry into the New Indian Super League Madrid, Spain, 29 August 2014 – Baker & McKenzie has provided legal and strategic advice to ACF Fiorentina on its entry into the new professional football league created in India, which is expected to kick off in October 2014. ACF Fiorentina, the club that finished fourth in last season's Italian football league, has signed a partnership agreement with the Pune franchise of the Indian Super League (ISL). The deal provides for the Italian team to assist Pune City FC with technical advisory services during the first year of the agreement, in exchange for a potential shareholding following this initial period. The deal is a major milestone in the football sector, as Spanish giants Atletico Madrid and Fiorentina AFC are the first high-profile football clubs to enter the Indian football market. The Baker & McKenzie team was led by Madrid partner David Diaz and senior associate Maheta Molango. Baker & McKenzie provided advice on all contractual matters related to the deal, including the drafting and negotiation of the technical advisory agreement, as well as the shareholding agreement.

FC Pune City to leave for Florence on Thursday 451794_heroa.jpgFC Pune City offering prayers at Dagdusheth Ganpati Temple, Pune The Pune franchise of the new league are set to travel to Florence where their foreign contingent are expected to join the rest of the squad… FC Pune City, owned by the Wadhawan Group and Bollywood superstar Salman Khan, shall conduct part of their pre-season in Florence as they shall leave for Italy on Thursday, Goal can reveal. With coach Franco Colomba having conducted a few training sessions in Pune over the weekend, the Indian contingent will leave for the Italian city where their technical partners in Serie A side, Fiorentina are based out of. FC Pune City, along with Atletico de Kolkata are the only two Indian Super League (ISL) teams who are to travel abroad for their pre-season training.

Still haven't found anywhere mentioning about International broadcast.
Well we don't need international broadcast if its broadcasted in Asia its good enough , People in Europe or America will not watch this matches when there better quality matches there

Well we don't need international broadcast if its broadcasted in Asia its good enough ' date=' People in Europe or America will not watch this matches when there better quality matches there[/quote'] Well..I am not in Asia...& have European & American leagues to watch...but will still watch ISL. Want to see soccer grow in India. Will be great to see India being represented in soccer WC in my life atleast (1st round exit will do also)

The ISL should be broadcasted in Italy surely. They aired A-League matches of Sydney FC when Alessandro del Piero was playing for them. The ISL has 3 teams with an Italian connection - FC Pune City (Fiorentina), Chennai (Inter Milan) and Delhi Dynamos FC (Alessandro del Piero). Hope the ISL is aired in foreign markets as well. It will help our talent get the kind of worldwide exposure that is lacking in Indian football today.

Well we don't need international broadcast if its broadcasted in Asia its good enough ' date=' People in Europe or America will not watch this matches when there better quality matches there[/quote'] If its free to air, there might be more western people watching ISL than IPL