Sachin=GOD

The Tech Thread

AmazonSupply: Jeff Bezos' $8 Trillion Plan for Wholesale Slaughter Forget the delivery drones and TV deals. Jeff Bezos's stealthy foray into the unsexy world of B2B distribution is likely his most disruptive move yet—and it has an $8 trillion swath of the economy running scared http://forbesindia.com/article/forbes-global-2000/amazonsupply-jeff-bezos-$8-trillion-plan-for-wholesale-slaughter/37954/0

Indians streaming content illegally :giggle: Aereo, which streams free(only over the air is legally free, not by cable or satellite) broadcast signals over the internet has shutdown Aereo Just Disappeared for Good

The US Supreme Court ruled that Aereo, which streamed broadcast television to subscribers for about $8/month, was operating illegally because it didn’t pay so-called retransmission fees to broadcasters–something cable and satellite companies are required by law to do. Those fees, however, are incredibly expensive. Cable companies can afford to pay them because they’re charging viewers plenty for their service–the average cable bill is now over $64 a month, per the Federal Communications Commission. The most obvious survival path for Aereo would be to pass those fees onto its customers by increasing its subscription rates. But here’s the thing: The broadcast content that Aereo provides is free to anyone who wants to set up their own (cheap!) antenna on their TV or home.
Racket airing Indian TV channels abroad busted Satellite TV racket busted in Hyderabad
Hyderabad police busted a satellite TV piracy racket and produced the four-member gang before the media on Sunday. According to police commissioner M Mahender Reddy, the modus operandi of the gang was that they would subscribe to various DTH satellite TV connections and by using electronic equipment purchased from China, they convert the satellite TV signal into encrypted streaming content for broadcasting on US-based company Jadoo TV web portal Jadoo TV is a US-based company run by Faisal Aftab and Sajid Sohail from USA. Jadoo TV owners supply set-top boxes to customers including NRIs settled in various countries of North America, Middle East, Europe and Asia Pacific region to decrypt the 115 Indian TV channels for 300 US dollars a piece. They have even received good response from NRIs across the globe. Most of the channels broadcasted by the accused are paid channels like MAA TV and Zee TV and these channels have incurred huge losses as neither Ahuja nor the owners of Jadoo TV paid any subscription fee, Mahender Reddy said

Orkut is shutting down on Sept 30...
That site has been on life support for a very long time. It's time for Google to just let go. And they need to stop shoving G+ down everyone's throat.

That site has been on life support for a very long time. It's time for Google to just let go. And they need to stop shoving G+ down everyone's throat.
Yeah - its very irritating. A few weeks ago G+ head Vic Gundotra left Google - people said that G+ might move down Google's list of priorities but that doesn't seem to be happening. In fact Google is saying that one of the reasons for closing down Orkut is to focus more on G+

Yes?
More end-devices? RIght now the wide-spread distribution of end-devices are based on practical uses of technology and it's coverage/reach/batterylife. With free-hotspots in most urban areas - coffee shops, restaurants that can be used by most generic devices (laptops, smartphones etc.), why would anyone buy more end-devices?

More end-devices? RIght now the wide-spread distribution of end-devices are based on practical uses of technology and it's coverage/reach/batterylife. With free-hotspots in most urban areas - coffee shops' date=' restaurants that can be used by most generic devices (laptops, smartphones etc.), why would anyone buy more end-devices?[/quote'] Short Answer - Low Energy

Wikipedia Zero, a program that the Wikimedia Foundation has been working on since 2011. The program means that subscribers to certain cellular operators will be able to access Wikipedia without being charged for the data transferred, and the app displays a confirmation icon when data is free. List of countries and mobile operators where this service is available: http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Mobile_partnerships#Where_is_Wikipedia_free_to_access.3F Its Aircel in India.

http://www.npr.org/2014/08/05/338099752/how-to-turn-sight-into-sound-its-all-in-the-vibrations Effects of sound recorded on high Def camera on objects/plants and rebuilding the sound from the video vibrations...amazingly close. Can be used in espionage, video of objects close to people being spied. on and making out what they are saying, without having a microphone near them.

BuY01lQIMAAMf1R.jpg_76774931_f2574f3d-28fb-489e-99a0-42b6ef07a3e0.jpghttp://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-28659783
Europe's Rosetta probe has arrived at a comet after a 10-year chase. In a first for space history, the spacecraft was manoeuvred alongside a speeding body to begin mapping its surface in detail. The spacecraft fired its thrusters for six and a half minutes to finally catch up with comet 67P/Churyumov-Gerasimenko. "We're at the comet!" said Sylvain Lodiot of the European Space Agency (Esa) operations centre in Germany. "After 10 years, five months and four days travelling towards our destination, looping around the Sun five times and clocking up 6.4 billion km, we are delighted to announce finally 'we are here'," said Jean-Jacques Dordain, director general of Esa.

Inside the Military's Secretive Smartphone Program

Doran pointed me towards the maps app, which he described as the most important of them all. It looks a little bit like Google Maps, but it does a lot more. Basically, the map serves as a platform on which the phone can run any number of plugins, everything from drawing up mission plans to tracking drones. A related app called TransHeat records where the soldiers go so that future missions will know which routes are well-traveled and which are uncharted and potentially dangerous. Another, called PLI, is used to avoid casualties from friendly fire, known in military-speak as "blue force tracking." The list goes on and on. There's a ballistics calculator app for snipers, as well as a general guide to weapons and ammunition called WAM. Debrief makes it easy to compile mission reports on the fly. Trip Ticket keeps track of personnel and inventory. GammaPix is for measuring radiation levels. SmartTRIAGE helps medical teams identify and catalog injuries or health problems on the battlefield. It's as simple as tapping on a human figure, selecting the diagnosis, and recommending a treatment plan. And what's especially important—and impressive—is that the vast majority of the apps work off the grid. One app that caught my eye is called WhoDat. Doran described it as "a soldier-driven picture book," but I like to think of it as Facebook for war. It lets soldiers study up on who's who both before they're deployed and while they're on the battlefield. "You can flip the pictures over, put notes on them, share content as a way for them to keep track," Doran explained. "And you can separate them into groups: good guys, bad guys, friends, targets for reconciliation, the UN team." It wasn't immediately clear to me if all of the units took their own pictures of locals and added them to a central database, but that makes the most sense based on how Doran described the app. It sounds so stupid simple, because it is. Just imagine how useful it would be for soldiers to have a basic directory at their fingertips, while they're trying to keep track of who they're fighting against and who's on their side. This kind of information can amount to life or death for some soldiers.
Read more - http://gizmodo.com/inside-the-militarys-secretive-smartphone-program-1603143142

When I get home I will but it's more accurate to just search that Libson library :)
I rarely download books from torrent sites because a lot of them aren't available there. It just looked like an interesting extension...

I rarely download books from torrent sites because a lot of them aren't available there. It just looked like an interesting extension...
Extension is powered by a website called libson library I think All that extension does is searches the name of book u are viewing on Amazon from this libson websitte and show it to you on top

Also extension is not always accurate so better to search website directly :p
Thnx... As for finding books on the internet is concerned, I have found so many sites that I can keep downloading for years and still wouldn't be able to cover all the links :D

Thnx... As for finding books on the internet is concerned, I have found so many sites that I can keep downloading for years and still wouldn't be able to cover all the links :D
You are my book source :--D

Extension is powered by a website called libson library I think All that extension does is searches the name of book u are viewing on Amazon from this libson websitte and show it to you on top
Can you provide the link for this library?

This startup sounds like a joke, but it just might work[/b

I recently had a chat with Edward Lando and Yagil Burowski, the founders of a two-week old startup called BlackV Club. “We made an app that just sells you black v-necks,” said Burowski. “All you can do on the app is buy one model of black v-neck,” added Lando. (To be clear, the app is still in the works.) black-vneck.jpg?w=640
http://qz.com/246904/this-startup-sounds-like-a-joke-but-it-just-might-work/

No problem :two_thumbs_up:
I downloaded 4 PDFs and 3 ePUB files for some books on investing and mahabharata...All of them have just the cover page or not readable.. For ePUB I used FBreader ( as Adobe Digital Edition does not open them obviously )... Am I missing anything? Did people actually download full books in readable format from libgen?

I downloaded 4 PDFs and 3 ePUB files for some books on investing and mahabharata...All of them have just the cover page or not readable.. For ePUB I used FBreader ( as Adobe Digital Edition does not open them obviously )... Am I missing anything? Did people actually download full books in readable format from libgen?
even i have not used this site much i was jsut explaining how extension works not every download you do will work 100 percent of time but i did try some books but they were popular and it worked really well for me