Delhi court summons Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi in National Herald case

Tiger80

Judge recuses himself from the National herald case

A judge of the Delhi High Court today recused himself from hearing the Congress President Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi’s pleas for stay of the trial court order summoning them and three others in the National Herald case. Justice V P Vaish said he will not hear the matter as his roster of cases has been changed and directed that the petitions be listed before an appropriate bench. The judge, had on August 6 stayed the summons issued against the Gandhis and others, and on December 15, 2014 had listed the matter for today, to be heard on day-to-day basis. The court on December 15, 2014, had also stayed the summons till final disposal of the petitions
Has even a single hearing been done in this case?

The Income Tax department is likely to issue notices to Congress leaders Sonia Gandhi and Rahul Gandhi asking them to pay tax and penalty on “income†of Rs 1,300 crore that investigators believe they earned from the transfer of shares of Associated Journal Ltd (AJL), publishers of the now-defunct party newspaper The National Herald. - See more at: http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/national-herald-case-income-tax-plans-notices-to-sonia-rahul-gandhi/#.VYoMza3n93I.twitter
and Jaitley says the case could end if cong returns the loan
In an interview, Jaitley told the channel, "The National Herald case is prima facie a very strong case. The Congress could simply return the loan and the matter could end. There is no truth to media reports of an Enforcement Directorate inquiry in the Herald case."
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/National-Herald-case-can-end-if-Congress-returns-loan-Arun-Jaitley-says/articleshow/39656201.cms

I'm reading 'The Emergency' by Coomi Kapoor (excellent book on the emergency) and in the chapter on Press Freedom (or rather, the lack of if) I read that National Herald had 'freedom is in peril, defend it with all your might' on its masthead (put by Nehru when he found the paper I guess) - that quote was quietly removed by the Govt when censoring was started.

BJP leader Subramanian Swamy writes letter to PM complaining that no action is being taken against Corrupt Cong politicians :

Swamy goes on to say that he had given the ED director "a detailed report of money-laundering carried out by Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi and four others in the acquisition of National Herald's publishing company" while alleging that an "invisible hand" is stopping the ED from launching an investigation. In another letter to Modi dated August 12, he details out the case and adds that the ED refused to register a case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act against the mother and son duo.
Who or what is this "invisible Hand" ? that has prevented the Enforcement Directorate from launching an investigation into Corruption of Sonia and Rahul . Is he referring to the Prime Minister of India ? :hmmm: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/subramanian-swamy-writes-modi-blames-ed-chief-scuttling-probe-national-herald-case-33224#sthash.g0BGHjdB.dpuf

BJP leader Subramanian Swamy writes letter to PM complaining that no action is being taken against Corrupt Cong politicians : Who or what is this "invisible Hand" ? that has prevented the Enforcement Directorate from launching an investigation into Corruption of Sonia and Rahul . Is he referring to the Prime Minister of India ? :hmmm: http://www.thenewsminute.com/article/subramanian-swamy-writes-modi-blames-ed-chief-scuttling-probe-national-herald-case-33224#sthash.g0BGHjdB.dpuf
I think the letter is to PM, so that invisible that hand reference cant be PM of India.

I think the letter is to PM' date=' so that invisible that hand reference cant be PM of India.[/quote'] It may not be a reference to an individual at all , but a reference to the ENTIRE GOVT acting in a concerted manner to protect the Corrupt in a 1,600 Crore financial fraud case. It is already known that ED is under Ministry of Finance . Is the PM so incompetent and powerless that an investigation into 1600 crore scam was squashed without his knowledge ? Either way he is culpable .

The Enforcement Directorate (ED) has decided to close the preliminary inquiry in the National Herald case, writing to the revenue secretary that there was no case to be made out for registering a case under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA).
In other words : CLEAN-CHIT issued to Sonia and Rahul . As Clean as the Chits that have been issued to modi and amit shah from the Clean-Chit issuing authorities of India . :haha: It is natural for cheerGirls to blame Jaitley instead , the usual scapegoat , to protect their beloved Master from criticism for his incompetency. Reminds me of when Dick Cheney was blamed for George Dubya's failings.

In other words : CLEAN-CHIT issued to Sonia and Rahul . As Clean as the Chits that have been issued to modi and amit shah from the Clean-Chit issuing authorities of India . :haha: It is natural for cheerGirls to blame Jaitley instead , the usual scapegoat , to protect their beloved Master from criticism for his incompetency. Reminds me of when Dick Cheney was blamed for George Dubya's failings.
Eh? The PE in the money laundering case is closed. Is there any evidence of money from the proceeds of a criminal activity being laundered? That was never the case anyway. The income tax case still stands. Arun Jaitley himself had written some months ago that all Sonia and Rahul have to do is to pay a fine and the taxes due on the transfer of money.

ED Director Rajan Katoch removed from service after he chose to close National Herald case There is a congress mole/sympathiser in probably every department/institution of the govt/judiciary. So before questioning Namo, think about that. (and no, Namo and co. can't call open war on all and sundry)
Wonder if some of the controvesies in the recent past were created by the opponents of NaMo just to discredit the govt..

Wonder if some of the controvesies in the recent past were created by the opponents of NaMo just to discredit the govt..
There is no doubt about that. I think, at the outset, congi chamchas got scared that the persona of a fire breathing dragon that they have concocted over the past decade might just turn out to be true. So they decided to sit quietly and watch. Once they saw that Reign of terror circa 1793 paris wont be recreated in Delhi 2014, they decided to earn their pay cheques. I actually think prior to the election, Namo underestimated (as the rest of us still do) how deep the roots of Congress Machinery really are. Hence the lull when faced with the reality. Even now I think the strategy is simply to react. And I don't see what else can be done. Atleast until the funding sources of the gungadeen empire are brought under check.

All appeals of Sonia Gandhi, Rahul Gandhi etc dismissed in National Herald. Will have to face trial.

Regular adjournments,change of judges, exemptions,derailment..despite that Swamy fought !,..... Subramaniam Swamy :hatsoff:

GAURAV C SAWANT @gauravcsawant 15m15 minutes ago

Both Sonia Gandhi & @OfficeOfRG will have to appear in Patiala House court by 4 pm tomorrow. Cong approaching SC today. On @IndiaToday