I don't know who is Sachin Tendulkar : Maria Sharapova

BlueBee

Well to be honest the average man in the world beyond the common wealth countries does not know Tendulkar at all. Not that theres any reason to as his influence beyond the field is not that much. Also he doesnt come across as a physical specimen in a sporting snese either which doesnt help him as a marketing tool beyond india Prollly the only ones who some Americans/russians etc might know about (that too barely and rarely) are Warnie, Imran Khan. A few more maybe.. Mostly because they banged hot socialites/actresses in their time

Well to be honest the average man in the world beyond the common wealth countries does not know Tendulkar at all. Not that theres any reason to as his influence beyond the field is not that much. Also he doesnt come across as a physical specimen in a sporting snese either which doesnt help him as a marketing tool beyond india Prollly the only ones who some Americans/russians etc might know about (that too barely and rarely) are Warnie, Imran Khan. A few more maybe.. Mostly because they banged hot socialites/actresses in their time
Atleast if he is a hot dude like tushar kapoor they will know :--D

Its interesting though. No one knows Sachin or any other cricketer for that matter beyond the cricketing world. And any cricketer known is not known mainly because of his cricketing prowess. But people who dont even follow ball know abt Jordan or Lebron James now. Same with ARod in baseball. I understand tennis etc as these are individual sports but how do you explain the others?

Pray tell me.. why should she know about the call center guys and spelling bee experts :cantstop: If she says i don't know who is Mahesh bhoopathi or sania mirza atleast your point makes somewhat sense. http://www.khelnama.com/121111/tennis/news/sania-mirza-was-great-singles-talent-says-maria-sharapova
Sachin is not a call centre guy or a spelling bee expert.

you are right but slightly wrong here Imran Khan: This guy ****ed a lot of B-grade celeb women like and got lucky with some A-graders like Goldie Hawn and his eventual wife and he is very popular in the British high society circles at that time. but mind you sylvester stallone, eddie murphy or sharon stone and the other super stars of the 90s did not know who the **** he was. he was very popular in the commonwealth countries. warnie this guy was actually considered way down the league for a failed but pretty actress. Hurley is no Knightley or Winslet. she is a nobody, but still she was waaaaaaaay above him in the eyes of the world media. For them he was a 50 year old playing a stupid game and an on the field salesman for advanced hair studio. so yeah british and other commonwealth countries knew about him, but americans no chance.

Its interesting though. No one knows Sachin or any other cricketer for that matter beyond the cricketing world. And any cricketer known is not known mainly because of his cricketing prowess. But people who dont even follow ball know abt Jordan or Lebron James now. Same with ARod in baseball. I understand tennis etc as these are individual sports but how do you explain the others?
definitely not

Does she know who is Sania Mirza' date=' i am not too sure. This one is a no brainier, Sachin would not know Alexander Ovechkin so its even.[/quote'] Not really. Sachin would be comparable to Lebron, Michael Jordan, Kobe, Tom Brday, A-Rod etc and most people would know who these guys are

Coz they are all american sporting heroes... american media rubs it on us everywhere... starting from hollywood to the TIME mag.

Typical dumbo with no knowledge..I bet she doesn't know half of her women field tennis colleagues
Actually the men are very polite itseems. Federer, Nadal, Murray and Djokovic are known to smile back, greet and joke around with lower ranked/seeded tennis players in the change room or the practice courts. the women are very *****y with each other. serena, maria etc.. are not really known to be very friendly. i am sure they dont know many names outside the top-10 there was an article on this some time back.