Govt working on plan to restrict protests to ‘earmarked places’

sachin34357

Union Urban Development Minister M Venkaiah Naidu said on Wednesday that the government is planning to demarcate areas where protests can be held. “It has become a fashion for one party to demonstrate in front of another party’s office. We are working on a policy where protests can take place only at earmarked places… like Jantar Mantar in Delhi. We will involve all the stakeholders, including the Delhi Police, and build a consensus so that no inconvenience is caused to public,†said Naidu in an interview to The Indian Express. Asked what action his ministry would take against ministers of the previous UPA government who are yet to vacate their bungalows even after the June 26 deadline, Naidu said, “It is uncivilised behaviour on the part of people not to vacate the bungalows. They should understand that they have been defeated and were given a reasonable time… I am ready to close my eyes for one more month… I would not have hastened the process, but our ministers are sitting in hotels and face a lot of problems when they have visitors.â€
http://indianexpress.com/article/india/india-others/govt-working-on-plan-to-restrict-protests-to-earmarked-places/?SocialMedia