India hint at five-bowler strategy

Ok..so lets remove those tests - now he is left with just 8 innings. Now if Indian fans want to drop players based on 8 innings then the only thing I can say is- we deserve to have Indian cricket in the pathetic condition that it is in today. I'm not a marathi.
Really? What more is needed to drop someone ? It's not knee jerk reaction ,infact his good performances are rare and he stays in team based on that for long long time ..repeating same mistakes again and again does not makes us better fans or better teams Also he got into tests based on Odis then why ignore his constant failures in all formats now when it's time to judge his performance ?
For those wanting 5 bowlers and dropping of Rohit. Then frigging pick a 5th bowler' date=' not Binny.[/quote'] Even in Australian team you had bowlers like Tom moody, Steve Waugh, Andrew Symonds who could chip in with 8-10 Overs a day. I'm not for a minute suggesting that binny is as good as Symonds or Waugh but you need these sorts of players when you are looking to pick 20 wickets and win a test match. Bowlers need some necessary break to come in fresh for a spell and let it rip. Lets not jump the gun. Give him a chance, and if he fails we can have our talent rohit replacing him from the next test match. He is worth a try. Remember Ganguly? He was picked mainly as a bowler for his first English tour. Can you believe that? Lol.
Ok..so lets remove those tests - now he is left with just 8 innings. Now if Indian fans want to drop players based on 8 innings then the only thing I can say is- we deserve to have Indian cricket in the pathetic condition that it is in today.
What people don't understand is what exactly did he do to deserve those 8 caps? He's been a luggage in the ODI side so why promote him to Test ranks?!!
Even in Australian team you had bowlers like Tom moody' date=' Steve Waugh, Andrew Symonds who could chip in with 8-10 Overs a day. I'm not for a minute suggesting that binny is as good as Symonds or Waugh but you need these sorts of players when you are looking to pick 20 wickets and win a test match. Lets not jump the gun. Give him a chance, and if he fails we can have our talent rohit replacing him from the next test match. He is worth a try. Remember Ganguly? He was picked mainly as a bowler for his first English tour. Can you believe that? Lol.[/quote'] You prove my point. Moody, Waugh and Symonds gun batsman but your Binny....:giggle: Ganguly was not picked as bowler for 1st England tour. Where did you hear that rubbish.
You prove my point. Moody, Waugh and Symonds gun batsman but your Binny....:giggle: Ganguly was not picked as bowler for 1st England tour. Where did you hear that rubbish.
But none of our gun batsmen can be tried as bowlers. Ganguly was picked mainly as a bowler and picked couple of wickets. He was sent in as a night watchman who went on to score a century. Rest is history.
When did that happen?
Yeah, during 1995-96 England tour. He was picked mainly as a bowler who can bat a bit. He was sent in as a night watchman if I remember correctly. He scored a century. He refused to carry drinks to Indian players saying that he comes from a royal family Lol. Gavaskar wrote an article that one shouldn't feel arrogant just because he comes from such a royal background. Lol. Lot of controversies in that tour. I remember it vividly.

if BK-IS-MS-RJ attack makes you so insecure about picking 20 wickets, shouldnt you be replacing the weakest link there and get another bowler. For example how about Pankaj instead of Ishanth and keeping the 6 batsmen intact for the first test? Now basically, Rohit lost his place because IS cannot bowl!!!!!

Yeah, during 1995-96 England tour. He was picked mainly as a bowler who can bat a bit. He was sent in as a night watchman if I remember correctly. He scored a century. He refused to carry drinks to Indian players saying that he comes from a royal family Lol. Gavaskar wrote an article that one shouldn't feel arrogant just because he comes from such a royal background. Lol. Lot of controversies in that tour. I remember it vividly.
I think you remember incorrectly!
Drop rohit if you must. But replace him with a bowler or a batsman. Not frigging bits and pieces binny who is only their cos of daddie
Ok KT, its very rare you make a non hate fuelled rational statement so let us discuss. We need an allrounder, desperately. We need the 5th bowler but we need the rear guard action when going in with 5 main batsmen, as you mentioned relying on only 5 is risky. In essence what we need is an allrounder. A seaming all rounder is essential when we tour Eng, Aus and the WC in Aus!! Ideally this should have been Pathan but.......:(( I fully agree Binny is a sifarshi player. Had he not been father Binny's offspring then he would not have made it into FC cricket as well!! But the requirement is definitely there. If Binny succeeds then its great, thats the only reason Im routing for him. The only seam bowling all rounder in a country of a BILLION!!

see we have to play 5 bowlers in each test else the pacers will get tired in such a long series and leak out heaps of runs like they did in saf,nzl. now if the conditions are dry then go with 2 spinners and shami,bhuvi,pankaj. if the conditions are seaming and overcast then 1 spinner and 4 pacers but i am sure dhoni will play binny in place of an extra seamer. anyway this is the team dhoni will pick- mooli dhawan chepu kohli rihanna binny dhoni jadeja bhuvi shami pishant