Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 minute ago, Rightarmfast said:

Thats how you think! To do simple things, you need to do a lot many complicated things to get the simple things right. If bowling close to the stump was the only error, every bowler will start doing that. 

You kind of have your own fixed notions, and you think the whole cricket revolves around them. Sorry to be a bit blunt.

i am ready to change my opinion if you give examples.  i have not made this opinion for no reason. i have been watching cricket for last 20-25 years and i know what i am talking about. in my 25 years, i am yet to come across a single Bumrah type successful test bowler.

2 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Bumrah is like Ntini. He needs to bowl the one that holds its line more often. Use the incoming delivery as a surprise ball. 

And Ntini was a pretty average test bowler despite bowling on pitches where Pollock, Donald, Steyn, Philander averaged 20 or less.   

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

outswing bowlers include seam bowlers too because it is not actually outswing but outseam in SA that we are getting. we normally use swing for seam too like people confuse Sreesanth as a swing bowler who actually was a seam bowler. bounce is not the biggest necessity but movement is. No one gets more bounce than Morkel but he is not the most successful bowler.

There have been lots of pacers like McGrath,  who did not swing the ball.  Pacers like Ambrose, Garner etc. used seam movement more often than not.

Morkel did not get enough wickets because he bowled too short.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

There have been lots of pacers like McGrath,  who did not swing the ball.  Pacers like Ambrose, Garner etc. used seam movement more often than not.

Morkel did not get enough wickets because he bowled too short.

i am not talking about swing or seam. I am talking about bowling from closer to the stumps and taking is away from right handers whether it is swing or seam. Most bowlers get swing and seam movement on a pitch like this. McGrath did no swing but he could seam the ball away from the batsmen.  he did not give any angle to work with, always threatened both inside and outside edges, brought in LBW, bowled; most dismissal modes in play. Same was Ambrose who bowled in very straight line too.

Regarding Morkel, no, yes, he bowled short for his height, but his problem is again the same, predominant inswing bowler.  Not enough balls threatening the outside edge.

Edited by rkt.india
9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i am ready to change my opinion if you give examples.  i have not made this opinion for no reason. i have been watching cricket for last 20-25 years and i know what i am talking about. in my 25 years, i am yet to come across a single Bumrah type successful test bowler.

Sweet :) I think that should have given you some idea that it takes more than that for someone to take wickets :) Thats what I have seen in the last 30-33 yrs that I have watched cricket!

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

i am not talking about swing or seam. I am talking about bowling from closer to the stumps and taking is away from right handers whether it is swing or seam. Most bowlers get swing and seam movement on a pitch like this. McGrath did no swing but he could seam the ball away from the batsmen.  he did not give any angle to work with, always threatened both inside and outside edges, brought in LBW, bowled; most dismissal modes in play. Same was Ambrose who bowled in very straight line too.

Regarding Morkel, no, yes, he bowled short for his height, but his problem is again the same, predominant inswing bowler.  Not enough balls threatening the outside edge.

Bumrah has developed the out-going delivery

Marshall, Imran did not bowl close to the stumps.  There were others too.

Edited by express bowling
19 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Marhsall did not make that predominant angle. he used the crease well enough, both close and wide and those days were different.  I am talking about last 25 years. Cricket has changed a lot since then. 

Edited by rkt.india
32 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Sweet :) I think that should have given you some idea that it takes more than that for someone to take wickets :) Thats what I have seen in the last 30-33 yrs that I have watched cricket!

Where did i say that is the only thing required to be successful? One still has to pitch the ball in the right area.

53 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Few things going for Bumrah, he is a keen learner n fit, also a trier, he has developed the away going delivery also has more potential to improve his pace with his run up being poor.

Bumrah needs to work up on his runup n he has control over seam n gets good bounce n hits the bat hard, Ntini, Imran were predominantly bowlers who brought the ball in, think Bumrah is impressive but still a rookie in test cricket he will get better, I would take him over Ishant, Umesh n unfit Shami anyday as of now.

2 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

Khaleel from Rajasthan . Clicking near 150!!! Left arm. Aggressive mindset 

conveyor belt of pace keeps coming . We used to all root for yadav and Aaron as only hopes . , but now doesn’t matter 

conveyor belt of pace . It’s crazy . We really are fast bowling factory . 

Ps saffies all series could not handle our pace 

Word! Pace wise, our bowlers are amongst the worlds fastest.