Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

17 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Otherwise, there isn't one reason you play Bumrah your best bowler all 9 games with 3 t20s to come and benches Shami even in a dead rubber.  Shami should have played today.

i also could not understand the logic of playing Bumrah today as it was a dead rubber and Shammi is a great bowler - why the hell is one bowler over stretched , today bumrah did not bowl at his fastest. bhuvi had already slowed down in the last 2 odi's and did not touch even a single ball at 140K , i mean bhuvi is much slower than what he normally can be.

i think bumrah and bhuvi has been really over played, when they are seeing shardul also bowling well he could have been played at least in 3 odi's specially when bhuvi was tiring.shardul was accurate and fast and was bowling good effective bouncers.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Thakur has looked mediocre to me in this match   ... no pace, bounce, height or extra movement.

shardul got a lot of bounce and bcos of the bounce he got so many wickets ..4 wickets. he was pretty impressive except in the first over, please understand this was his first match , if he is played more he will improve further, he got the bounce to kinda come close to the head, rightly directed bouncers @140K is good enough to fetch wickets, he could have got one more but chahal did not go for the catch.

20 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Thakur did get lots of outswing early on. Pace was 136-140 in first four overs. I would have liked Navdeep Saini here. He is the only ready Pacers at this point and then Khaleel.

This is right reading about shardul. 

He consistently got out swing and bounce.. He got 4 wickets and all were on rising deliveries and he could have got five wickets.. But chahal

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No Vishalbhai ....  2  were off normal height slower balls.

You r right but two were nearly perfect bouncers. 

Secondly he tried intelligent slow ball variations. 

He is not as fast as umesh yadav or Navdeep Saini... But he did a good job in yesterday's match. 

V all have loved express pace of umesh yadav and even Navdeep is touching 144k..thats great but umesh is now no where... Seems he only carried drinks in Africa. 

Even our favorite shammi seems to have leg fitness and run up issues. 

V should appreciate some one who has managed to get 4 African wickets n chahal could have got him his fifth wicket too. 

He was always trying to get wickets and not trying to stop runs. 

Where as hardik bowled well too.. He was trying to stop runs. 

All three pacers were Superb. 

He bowled till 141k..bumrah was faster than shardul upto 144k.

Hardik peaked at 142k n was quick too. 

I liked umesh as he was getting wickets.. Giving runs is fine.. One should attack and get wickets. 

But Umesh continued to give 4 balls on leg stump. 

Then he reduced his pace suddenly to 135 to 141k.

Only thing that he had in his kitty was 138 to 148k sheer pace.. Pace like lightning but he reduced it.. Result his inaccuracies remained but his wicket taking ability went down. 

He has to come back to 138 to 148k pace.. He was faster than bumrah and shammi but now bumrah is faster and his place in test team is taken away by bumrah. 

Even unlucky Ishant is ahead of him. 

He is messing up with his serious talent. 

4 hours ago, sarchasm said:

Truthfully, Shardul looked strictly like Vinay Kumar Ver. 2 in this match. There 8-9 candidates in domestics who are superior to him in every fast bowling metrics.

Vinay was a 115 to 131k trundler.... He would have got loads of wickets if he played in Africa just like the African test swing bowler but on flattish tracks.. He was too slow for good wickets. 

How he failed in Perth is a mystery. 

He under performed and that's why he was kicked out. 

Even pan Kaj Singh underperformed and was kicked out immediately. 

Shardul is way faster than Vinay but I agree Navdeep Saini is better than shardul. 

24 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

You r right but two were nearly perfect bouncers. 

Secondly he tried intelligent slow ball variations. 

He is not as fast as umesh yadav or Navdeep Saini... But he did a good job in yesterday's match. 

V all have loved express pace of umesh yadav and even Navdeep is touching 144k..thats great but umesh is now no where... Seems he only carried drinks in Africa. 

Even our favorite shammi seems to have leg fitness and run up issues. 

V should appreciate some one who has managed to get 4 African wickets n chahal could have got him his fifth wicket too. 

He was always trying to get wickets and not trying to stop runs. 

Where as hardik bowled well too.. He was trying to stop runs. 

All three pacers were Superb. 

He bowled till 141k..bumrah was faster than shardul upto 144k.

Hardik peaked at 142k n was quick too. 

Vishalbhai ... We have quite a few uncapped pacers now who are combining genuine pace with skills , are taller than 6' and are taking wickets.   Saini and Khaleel come to mind first.   Saini is ready and Khaleel may become so within a short time.

Shardul is a decent bowler  ...  but short pacers are usually easier to hit unless amazingly accurate or very quick ... and Shardul is neither.

I would like to try Saini first .... then Khaleel and Avesh.   Thampi, Rajpoot  and Siraj need to be looked at too.

Edited by express bowling
9 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vishalbhai ... We have quite a few uncapped pacers now who are combining genuine pace with skills , are taller than 6' and are taking wickets.   Saini and Khaleel come to mind first.   Saini is ready and Khaleel may become so within a short time.

Shardul is a decent bowler  ...  but short pacers are usually easier to hit unless amazingly accurate or very quick ... and Shardul is neither.

I would like to try Saini first .... then Khaleel and Avesh.   Thampi, Rajpoot  and Siraj need to be looked at too.

And Khejroliya too. He has really been doing well in VH trophy. I would first try Saini and Khaleel. I am inclined more towards Khaleel. He has all variations for LOI cricket and good temperament too.

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

And Khejroliya too. He has really been doing well in VH trophy. I would first try Saini and Khaleel. I am inclined more towards Khaleel. He has all variations for LOI cricket and good temperament too.

Yes ... Khejroliya is around 6'2", bowls a heavy ball, has a good yorker and slower ball and is picking wickets for fun in the shorter formats.  Would be a tough bowler to negotiate.

Waiting for the time when Saini and Khaleel will be tried.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes ... Khejroliya is around 6'2", bowls a heavy ball, has a good yorker and slower ball and is picking wickets for fun in the shorter formats.  Would be a tough bowler to negotiate.

Waiting for the time when Saini and Khaleel will be tried.

Khejroliya is only going to get quicker once he comes in India setup and follows the strength training regimen of Indian team at NCA.