Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

8 minutes ago, express bowling said:

On the one hand, we have Manoj Tiwary making him bowl 30 overs a day

on the other hand, Team India wraps him in cotton wool

You won't get the same Shami

I believe he needs to sort his run-up out asap. His run-up is inconsistent and makes him highly unreliable. I will never play such bowler who isn't confident about his run-up.

15 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I believe he needs to sort his run-up out asap. His run-up is inconsistent and makes him highly unreliable. I will never play such bowler who isn't confident about his run-up.

Seeing run-up problem only in this series

Not a regular in ODIs for a long time.

Why playing tests if there is arun-up problem   ?

I am sure the real reason is something else.

Edited by express bowling
7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Seeing run-up problem only in this series

Not a regular in ODIs for a long time.

Why playing tests if there is arun-up problem   ?

I am sure the real reason is something else.

It was the same problem against SL, it was same in Ranji trophy, it was same in Test series here.  So it has been a consistent problem over a period of time.

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

So, why is he playing tests  ?

Tests are different. You can come back after a bad spell like he did in test series. You can take a spell to get your rhythm going. In ODIs, you will have to be on the mark from over one. If there was any other reason, he would not have been picked.

Edited by rkt.india
30 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Tests are different. You can come back after a bad spell like he did in test series. You can take a spell to get your rhythm going. In ODIs, you will have to be on the mark from over one. If there was any other reason, he would not have been picked.

I dont mean to be rude, but your logic is beyond laughable. I dont even have to assume that you are not from a sports background. I am! Thats not how sports work. If anything, Shami doesnt have a surprise package for the selectors. They already know his worth and are aware of his fitness issue. If they have to, they will pick him for World Cup straightaway. Till then, they have the liberty of trying out others. In tests, its different. They need their best bowler!

19 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

I dont mean to be rude, but your logic is beyond laughable. I dont even have to assume that you are not from a sports background. I am! Thats not how sports work. If anything, Shami doesnt have a surprise package for the selectors. They already know his worth and are aware of his fitness issue. If they have to, they will pick him for World Cup straightaway. Till then, they have the liberty of trying out others. In tests, its different. They need their best bowler!

Shami already is in ODI squad, so, your argument is flawed. You need to read the whole discussion and understand what we were talking about. Regarding sports background, I have played cricket since the age of 10. My brother has played national level and has played with several Ranji cricketers. Ours is one of oldest cricket club here. And things don't work like you are saying. You don't play someone in a big tournament who hasn't ODIs in a while. You think they suddenly bring back Ashwin and Jadeja in World Cup. Shami at the moment is highly inconsistent since his come back.  I believe Kohli doesn't see him as an ODI bowler anymore.

Edited by rkt.india
54 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not so simple buddy  !

Test matchesin in SA carry a lot of weight.

I don't think the Team management would not have played him in such important tests if they thought that he was having issues with his run-up.

My impression ... our team management thinks that Shami needs to be preserved for test matches only, given his fitness issues....  I don't agree.

5 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Not so simple buddy  !

Test matchesin in SA carry a lot of weight.

I don't think the Team management would not have played him in such important tests if they thought that he was having issues with his run-up.

My impression ... our team management thinks that Shami needs to be preserved for test matches only, given his fitness issues....  I don't agree.

Your reason is also simple though that may be the case too. Its not unthinkable but if that was the sole reason, they wouldn't have picked him for ODI squad. Instead some youngster would have been picked.

4 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Your reason is also simple though that may be the case too. Its not unthinkable but if that was the sole reason, they wouldn't have picked him for ODI squad. Instead some youngster would have been picked.

My impression is simple but the reasons leading to that may not be.

Shami getting picked in ODIs maybe a result of this team's reluctance to try new guys.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

My impression is simple but the reasons leading to that may not be.

Shami getting picked in ODIs maybe a result of this team's reluctance to try new guys.

I don't think team management thinks about about their own decisions as deeply as we do about theirs.

Edited by rkt.india
Just now, express bowling said:

Emotions about something, (  akin to reasons leading to decisions )  are  similar.

Otherwise, there isn't one reason you play Bumrah your best bowler all 9 games with 3 t20s to come and benches Shami even in a dead rubber.  Shami should have played today.