Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

3 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Vijay Shankar  143 k

Has bowled some decent bouncers too.

was that ball genuinely fast at 143k..if he can ball 143 k or has capability to ball 143K.

why does he trundle all the time and bowl from 129 to 133k only....he should atleast bowl 136 to 141k

1 minute ago, vishalvirsingh said:

was that ball genuinely fast at 143k..if he can ball 143 k or has capability to ball 143K.

why does he trundle all the time and bowl from 129 to 133k only....he should atleast bowl 136 to 141k

That was an effort ball. This is just a T20! He doesnt even need t bowl in 140's. He is a consistent bowler. As long as he hovers around 135, he will be doing a pretty good job.

5 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

guys its a t20 and i think he is a batsman so 130-135 will put him fast medium...135-145 like pandya for a allrounder is Fast..

i dont know why but may be batters evolve different set of muscles ( and relevant motor skills and memory) than bowlers as they always bowl lesser..i think it much more difficult for allrounders to bowl faster than fast bowlers.

He is a good find if he is hitting these speeds, meaning he can do faster balls when needed or hustle a quick over or two and sustain some pressure say in a critical juncture in a test.

5 minutes ago, Vilander said:

guys its a t20 and i think he is a batsman so 130-135 will put him fast medium...135-145 like pandya for a allrounder is Fast..

i dont know why but may be batters evolve different set of muscles ( and relevant motor skills and memory) than bowlers as they always bowl lesser..i think it much more difficult for allrounders to bowl faster than fast bowlers.

He is a good find if he is hitting these speeds, meaning he can do faster balls when needed or hustle a quick over or two and sustain some pressure say in a critical juncture in a test.

No he is not India Material as a Bowler now. Understand that he should be as good as Pandya if he has to play for India.

17 minutes ago, tweaker said:

He is injury prone, so may be bowling with in himself 

bowling within himself- thats a rubbish idea, when he is supposed to bowl just 4 overs in a t20 match...if he is not that fit and is injury prone , why  is he required to play for INDIA...i was expecting him to be as good as Pandya even as a bowler.

he is trundling regularly.

13 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Obviously, whatever you do more, you excel more. And allrounders will not bowl as much as pure fast bowlers. And obviously, batsmen work on different set of muscles and they work on their eyesight. 

Whereas faster bowlers need to understand rhythm and synchronization of their body. Ideally a faster bowler has to understand better and better how to align legs with hips, shoulders and wrist. The use of thighs, hips most importantly, create the twist through hips using it like sling/ catapult using lats and shoulders is critical. The twist of hips like a catapult is something you get better at with time which generates that extra pace . I think since allrounders dont give enough time to that, its much harder for them to open up their body to bowl quicker.