Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Umesh bowled a great first spell of 6 overs in the Deodhar Trophy.

Most devilries between off stump and 5th stump ...  most of them moving away but some came in ... hit the deck hard and got good bounce from length deliveries.

Needs to stick to this.

since it's ummi, he will return to being a spraygun soon enough.

Khaleel bowled really well today

10 -0 - 49 - 3   in a final match, showcasing his temperament.

Bowled in good areas.

Pace was ok, but he bowled quicker in earlier games.   Needs to become consistent regarding bowling  high pace.

Was getting movement.

One improvement needed -- he needs to improve his seam position, ball release and wrist whip.

4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Khaleel bowled really well today

10 -0 - 49 - 3   in a final match, showcasing his temperament.

Bowled in good areas.

Pace was ok, but he bowled quicker in earlier games.   Needs to become consistent regarding bowling  high pace.

Was getting movement.

One improvement needed -- he needs to improve his seam position, ball release and wrist whip.

how was prasidh? saw that he was wicketless.

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Saw the highlights

Mahmdullah wkt ball by shankar showed the speed of 143k, didnt look like 140+ delivery at all 

the speed guns seems suspicious. the Bangladesh pacers were all able to touch 140 (or above) and I'm not convinced that they can attain such speeds apart from Taskin. Fizz can attain such speeds but he's coming off an injury and has been slower (at least visually) since then.

11 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Among Bangla pacers, only the Fizz bowled a solidary delivery at 140 k +  (  142.5 k  )

Fastest

Rubel     139.9 k

Taskin    137.1 k

http://www.bcci.tv/sri-lanka-tri-series-2018/match/02

I thought I saw taskin cross 140 (must have been fizz then I guess). somehow, that 142 kmph ball by shankar didn't feel so fast to me; atleast, it didn't appear so on the screen (I know looks can be deceiving).

Edited by Vijy

Some experts here, after watching the last SA vs Aus test commented that our fast bowlers lacked in skill and couldnt push SA. Want to remind them what happened today. The Aussie bowlers let the Saffers get away and get a lead of 139, when they could have bundled them out for less than Aussies score! 

Does that make Aussie bowlers any poorer? No! Its cricket, power shifts happen. Momentum keeps changing. 

Some posters had knee jerk reactions like changing the pacers altogether!

Just now, Rightarmfast said:

Some experts here, after watching the last SA vs Aus test commented that our fast bowlers lacked in skill and couldnt push SA. Want to remind them what happened today. The Aussie bowlers let the Saffers get away and get a lead of 139, when they could have bundled them out for less than Aussies score! 

Does that make Aussie bowlers any poorer? No! Its cricket, power shifts happen. Momentum keeps changing. 

Some posters had knee jerk reactions like changing the pacers altogether!

The pitches are different, because SA actually fear Aussie bowlers. They don't fear Indian bowlers. 

3 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

The pitches are different, because SA actually fear Aussie bowlers. They don't fear Indian bowlers. 

Wrong! They didnt fear Indian bowlers before they landed in SA. Ask them today, and they will think thrice before taking Indian fast bowlers lightly. The pitches could be different, still doesnt mean its not assisting fast bowlers. Such pitches anyway are good for reverse swing which Starc thrives upon. So, I dont buy that logic of pitches being different and hence Aussies not being able to take wickets.

Edited by Rightarmfast
3 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Wrong! They didnt fear Indian bowlers before they landed in SA. Ask them today, and they will think thrice before taking Indian fast bowlers lightly. The pitches could be different, still doesnt mean its not assisting fast bowlers. Such pitches anyway are good for reverse swing which Starc thrives upon. So, I dont buy that logic of pitches being different and hence Aussies not being able to take wickets.

Whatever you say, it is stupidity to deny that Aussies bowlers reach human heights of skill. Not McGrath levels of skill, but the maximum human height of fast bowling skill. It is stupidity to compare Indian bowlers. 

3 minutes ago, lamellavig said:

Whatever you say, it is stupidity to deny that Aussies bowlers reach human heights of skill. Not McGrath levels of skill, but the maximum human height of fast bowling skill. It is stupidity to compare Indian bowlers. 

Yet to see a single Aussie bowler with half the skills of Wasim Akram. So, naah, I disagree on this part too. And I do not intend to compare Indian bowlers to Aussie bowlers at all. For a bowling unit without any real hero or mentor, is ahead of Aussie attack anyday!

2 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

Yet to see a single Aussie bowler with half the skills of Wasim Akram. So, naah, I disagree on this part too. And I do not intend to compare Indian bowlers to Aussie bowlers at all. For a bowling unit without any real hero or mentor, is ahead of Aussie attack anyday!

Wasim Akram was as good, with a good human level of skill.