Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

This pitch is suddenly responding more to hit the deck bowling , especially due to uneven bounce and ball rearing up from length. It would be nice if we had atleast one good quality ,quick , hit the deck bowler.
This is what I was talking about. Thankfully, Ishant stepped up and donned the bouncy fast bowler's hat.

Wonderful bowling by Ishant. His seam position has improved in this series. It showed in the plethora of hostile, quick bouncers. The workload he took ,by bowling so many short balls, is amazing. Well done !! I hope he maintains it from now on. I am overjoyed to see India win by bowling a barrage of quick, hostile bouncers. :yay: :yay:

Ishant was suddenly bowling 85mph consistently. How did that happen:cantstop:
Support from the captain. For the first time in his life perhaps, Dhoni has instructed a pacer to bowl all out fast and bounce out the batsmen. Placed appropriate fielders too. The result is there for all to see. A supporting captain is the basic necessity to developing fast bowlers.
Support from the captain. For the first time in his life perhaps, Dhoni has instructed a pacer to bowl all out fast and bounce out the batsmen. Placed appropriate fielders too. The result is there for all to see. A supporting captain is the basic necessity to developing fast bowlers.
No thats not true dhoni did the same against sa in kolkatta and ishant did well and they tried it many times.The Fact is when it fails ishant is blamed when it gets wicket captain takes credit/
My XI for the next match:-Vijay,Dhawan,Pujara,Kohli,Rahane,Dhoni,Ashwin,Jadeja, BK,Ishant,Pankaj.But the only feasible change I can see is Ash for Bunny.
Shami has done enough to stay.I'd chose Pankaj for Bunny
Shami has done enough to stay.I'd chose Pankaj for Bunny
Shami has not been bad. But, in England, either conventional swing or bounce is working. Shami's forte is reverse swing at pace. He gets conventional swing too but not getting much this series. So, Pankaj, with conventional swing and bounce AND Aaron with pace and bounce, maybe better picks just for this series.
Shami has not been bad. But, in England, either conventional swing or bounce is working. Shami's forte is reverse swing at pace. He gets conventional swing too but not getting much this series. So, Pankaj, with conventional swing and bounce AND Aaron with pace and bounce, maybe better picks just for this series.
He is more of a seam bowler.He has not been consistent but he will come good.
He was better in this series.I think he just needs to bowl bit fuller and he'll get it. I'd chose Pankaj over Aaron as he can get swing and bounce.Aaron is faster but I doubt he can get movement or has required control.Hes bit like Plunkett
He is more of a seam bowler.He has not been consistent but he will come good.
e Shami bowls conventional swing, seaming deliveries as well as reverse swing. Basically everything. Also , he is more of a skiddy pacer. Bowling lots of bouncers is not his forte. Most of his wicket taking spells have been on low surfaces where he has got reverse swing and some seam movement. In England , a pacer like Pankaj, who gets more bounce and conventional swing maybe a better option for the time being. I am suggesting horses for courses. Otherwise, I think Shami is a fine pacer by Indian standards.