Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

22 hours ago, express bowling said:

Excellent spells of genuine fast bowling by Ishant Sharma today.  He bowled in the range of 135 k to 143 k with average speeds of close to 139 k . After his first spell of the 1st innings, we saw Ishant get into good rhythm and combining accuracy with pace and bounce. This continued in the 2nd innings too. We also saw him reverse the ball both ways, getting some seam movement and punctuating them with with some nasty bouncers. He got a wicket from one of those and hit the batsmen a few times too. He showed a big heart on a flat pitch and his consistent line and length was very heartening to see.

He picked up 2 wickets and should have picked up 2 more as a plumb LBW was unfairly turned down ( no reviews left ) and an easy catch dropped at slips.

Really good to see both Ishant and Umesh come up with special spells on a very flat deck in either innings of this test match. Most commentators were repeatedly praising the efforts of these two fast bowlers on such a flat track.

i reported that he bowled at 142k of a 77.2 over old ball..thats kinda a real achievement.

I have to again highlight that  bouncers take a lot of energy and one has to push hard with the shoulder and bouncer is one ball if it is over bowled , bowler may go for runs but ultimately it will fetch you wickets , if the fielders are well placed and are safe catchers.

even Umesh and other genuine Australian, England and newzealand pacers find it tough to touch 142 k( or 140 +) with a ready to retire 78 over ball.

one of the batsman got ishant angry and ten he bowled straight on the wickets and got that batsman lbw.

great bowiling by ishant.

Why I wish to salute ishant and umesh is a simple reason...

There were times during kapil prabhakar times as soon as a flat track was seen....these guys used to bowl 6 overs with new ball n then come for 1 or 2 over spells.

Pacers  had no interest to put hard yards.

I liked srinath and Ashok dinda as they tried their level best even on patta pitches.

I hate patta pitches.

I hope that in Ipl  they think of pacers too and leave  lil grass.

Where is big built manpreet gony 

Parvinder awana...

Why I wish to salute ishant and umesh is a simple reason...

There were times during kapil prabhakar times as soon as a flat track was seen....these guys used to bowl 6 overs with new ball n then come for 1 or 2 over spells.

Pacers  had no interest to put hard yards.

I liked srinath and Ashok dinda as they tried their level best even on patta pitches.

I hate patta pitches.

I hope that in Ipl  they think of pacers too and leave  lil grass.

Where is big built manpreet gony 

Parvinder awana...

Avana can still clock 140k but gony ROFL built like truck but bowls like a girl..------------------> 126k thunderbolts

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Quickest deliveries  I have seen in SMA Trophy so far

Thampi    145 k

Sangwan     145 k

Aniket   144 k

Warrier    141 k

Shardul    140 k

Dinda  140 k

Rajpoot   139 k

Sayan    139 k

Gony  139  k

I will track all these guys in the IPL with eagle eyes..lets see.

My favorite out of these seems to be ANIKET RAJPUT, I am surprised that his fastest is shown as 139 as I saw him bowling at 141k on the first day itself.

he is a sure shot replacement of ISHANT..same height same bounce.

Sangwan can easily replace Nehra as a premier left arm pace bowler in T20 and ODI in future as NEHRA has few days left international Cricket t20 left as he is available only for T20.

Thampi should try to find place in TESTS and ODI in future , if he does well.

shardul/warier/DINDA/Sayan/Gony may not get international team exposure.

shardul came quite close to play in tests but missed and DINDA and Gony did play a few ODI in past.

Brander sran and ankit chowdhary will compete with each other and I feel Sran has an edge. 

I have high hopes from NATHU Singh too.

as on today...

TEST Pacers are IShant umesh shammi bhuvi, and fifth one is not certain, last time it was Shardul.

odi pacers are bumrah shammi umesh bhuvi

T20 Nehra bhuvi umesh

these bowlers should try to get their place in at least one india or india A team.

3 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I will track all these guys in the IPL with eagle eyes..lets see.

My favorite out of these seems to be ANIKET RAJPUT, I am surprised that his fastest is shown as 139 as I saw him bowling at 141k on the first day itself.

I think you are talking about Aniket Chaudhuri who bowled 141 k the first day  and 144 k  today.

Rajpoot's name is Ankit and not Aniket

13 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Turned on hotstar on my mobile when Gony bowled and I liked what I saw. Nice lengths, good carry, respectable speeds. A solid, workhorse kind of bowler who are much needed to keep the batsmen honest in domestics.

It is good to see so many fast-medium and fast bowlers in our domestic cricket who are hitting the deck hard and many are quite tall too.

They will help us create the much needed pacers' pool and also give much better batting practice to our domestic batters. FC stats will carry more meaning too.

Aniket, Thampi, Warrier, Nathu, Shardul, Rajpoot, Siraj, Pankaj, Dinda, Sayyed, Navdeep, Goni, Sayan, Kuila, Pritam, Avesh, Monu, Ravi, etc...... all would qualify as international type pacers playing domestic cricket.

Edited by express bowling
37 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

right hand fast bowler ankit Rajput is faster than aniket ( left arm pace) and has more bounce.

Not this season

Left armer Aniket is bowling 4 kph  to 5 kph  quicker on an average  than right armer Rajpoot in this SMA Trophy and getting a bit more bounce too.

Edited by express bowling
38 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Agreed. Overall satisfied with the standard of fast bowling in SMA Trophy. People will obviously spend a lot of time looking for potential India quicks but equally important that the tier below that also maintains a certain standard. Contributes massively to raise AND maintain the intensity and quality of competition. In that respect, I have been happy with what has been on offer during this trophy. 

The part in bold is the exact point I am talking about.   : )