Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

4 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

5 Fastest Indian pacers right now ranked by pace only:-

Aaron

Umesh

Sangwan

Thampi

Shami

This keeps on changing but, among domestic pacers, Nathu Singh, Aniket Chaudhary, Basil Thampi, Pradeep Sangwan..... all have the ability to bowl genuinely fast and  Sandeep Warrier is not far behind.

Edited by express bowling
5 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

main concern is width to the righthander from over the wicket,he used to bring it back to the righthanders in the past but now he doesnt, a bit like mitch and wahab

Interesting thing was....Sangwan got a wicket with a delivery that moved away from the left-armer which would have come-in to the right-hander.   

That means, he still has that ability which is good.

4 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

thats why i mentioned the righthanders, it comes down to the angle of the release, the left hander angle is a lot strighter so easier to pull off

You would be happy to know that  I saw Sangwan bring the ball in to the right-handers in this year's Duleep Trophy

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This keeps on changing but, among domestic pacers, Nathu Singh, Aniket Chaudhary, Basil Thampi, Pradeep Sangwan..... all have the ability to bowl genuinely fast and  Sandeep Warrier is not far behind.

But I liked Sandeep Warrier the most and then Ankit Rajpoot then Thampi and Aniket and then Nathu and Sangwan who is quick but he needs to get his length right. He can be someone like Mitch for us. Warrier is the most accurate and gets steep bounce more than anyone in this list.

4 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

5 Fastest Indian pacers right now ranked by pace only:-

Aaron

Umesh

Sangwan

Thampi

Shami

Some of the bowlers like Ishant,Bumrah,Aniket,Hardik,Rahul Shukla,Warrier,Rajpoot,Nathu,

Siraj,Shardul can also cross 140 k mark.Good days...:yess:

Our slowest Intl. bowler is BK even he can bowl 138-142 k at his fastest.

Actually, Ishant should ideally have been the 2nd fastest atleast. he used to bowl 150+ earlier

14 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

But I liked Sandeep Warrier the most and then Ankit Rajpoot then Thampi and Aniket and then Nathu and Sangwan who is quick but he needs to get his length right. He can be someone like Mitch for us. Warrier is the most accurate and gets steep bounce more than anyone in this list.

This was a list for the quickest bowlers in domestic cricket and not by quality

As far as liking by quality goes, my order is --

For tests --  Aniket C,  Aaron,  Shardul  

For ODIs -- Nathu, Thampi, Warrier, Rajpoot,   Sangwan

40 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This was a list for the quickest bowlers in domestic cricket and not by quality

As far as liking by quality goes, my order is --

For tests --  Aniket C,  Aaron,  Shardul  

For ODIs -- Nathu, Thampi, Warrier, Rajpoot,   Sangwan

For me, Warrier is one who can be successful in both tests and ODIs. He is getting the kind of bounce McGrath used to get from just good length. He is perfect for overseas and on helpful tracks, he will move the ball too and I have found him the most accurate among all these young bowlers. You had to watch today's spell. In second, Jackson just couldn't get him away, bounce, accuracy all were there and an easy catch was dropped to. He didn't give any loose ball and batsmen had to take risks.

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

For me, Warrier is one who can be successful in both tests and ODIs. He is getting the kind of bounce McGrath used to get from just good length. He is perfect for overseas and on helpful tracks, he will move the ball too and I have found him the most accurate among all these young bowlers. You had to watch today's spell. In second, Jackson just couldn't get him away, bounce, accuracy all were there and an easy catch was dropped to. He didn't give any loose ball and batsmen had to take risks.

I watched Warrier bowl today and liked his spell a lot.   He was a tad less impressive in the state level games and I want to see how consistent he is over a few games.

13 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Have you seen Warrier bowl in 4-day games recently  ?  Can he sustain his speeds for 16 to 20 overs a day  ?    That is a question I have regarding many of these pacers like Warrier, Thampi etc.  if they are to be considered for test matches and A team unofficial tests.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Have you seen Warrier bowl in 4-day games recently  ?  Can he sustain his speeds for 16 to 20 overs a day  ?    That is a question I have regarding many of these pacers like Warrier, Thampi etc.  if they are to be considered for test matches and A team unofficial tests.

Not recently but I have seen him in a live game against Hyderabad and he was pretty good with pace too. In tests especially overseas, it not just about high pace but accuracy. 

3 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Not recently but I have seen him in a live game against Hyderabad and he was pretty good with pace too. In tests especially overseas, it not just about high pace but accuracy. 

From whatever FC matches I have had the chance of seeing in the last 15 months .....Aniket C has looked the most accurate of the lot    ( although speeds were not shown in that match )

10 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

In terms of that, Sandeep Sharma looks a good deal for overseas conditions like in England. He is not of the same pace as some other bowlers, but will be a better bowler in England especially. Has more control on his swin which is perfect for places like England.

9 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

In terms of that, Sandeep Sharma looks a good deal for overseas conditions like in England. He is not of the same pace as some other bowlers, but will be a better bowler in England especially. Has more control on his swin which is perfect for places like England.

Picking  bowlers who can be good in only one foreign country can have lingering bad effects in tests in other countries.

Our frontline pacers will not get to play in the most seamer-friendly country and miss out on gaining the much needed confidence that is required to make them strike-bowlers in the long term.

I am more in favour of developing new all-condition pacers by trying out new ones like Aniket C...who is good at swinging the new ball too but can be effective in most countries.

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Picking  bowlers who can be good in only one foreign country can have lingering bad effects in tests in other countries.

Our frontline pacers will not get to play in the most seamer-friendly country and miss out on gaining the much needed confidence that is required to make them strike-bowlers in the long term.

I am more in favour of developing new all-condition pacers by trying out new ones like Aniket C...who is good at swinging the new ball too but can be effective in most countries.

Yes, but throwing out names who are good in different conditions as we play only 10 test matches per year so we can widen our pool of players/bowlers who can be rotated at least for ODI's also overseas too. We sometimes will be playing 5 odis and than sometimes 3 twenty20s etc so such bowlers like Sandeep can be tried and rotated with others provided they have kept their form.

To me personally Aniket should have already been drafted in A team n India team a year back, also he is my first choice for test among hopefuls as he is a left handed, is accurate n gets bounce n brings the ball back in n has a good short one also his action reminds me of left handed Brett Lee.

Ankit Rajpoot is a bit up n down on pace but he is my second choice for test as he has the potential! To be a genuine all conditions wkt taker.

Sangwan n Thampi for ODI for now n Shardul for me is not intended material n same level as Dhawal , Awana, before injury.

Warrier has played for his state at a young age n seems to have matured n worked on his bowling n got nippier to add to his skills, he has a very good action n runup n bowls good areas as well, gets good bounce n bowls some unplayable deliveries.

What a pleasant surprise! After a long time, managed get some free time off work and switched on the TV. The first bowler who was bowling, Sayan Ghosh, same Waqar Younisque, Lastith Malinga's kinda action, he was bowling consistently at 136-137.. Now, if what express bowling and the others have been saying has some mettle, that the domestic speed guns are slower, this kid might as well be bowling around 140. Nevertheless, he looked young and a little lean. I would say, in a few years this kid will hit 145. And he is a pretty decent bowler.

That's as much time I got, to watch a couple of overs, and it was fantastic.

I remember back in the days in the 90's, if you were to switch your tv on for a domestic match, the pacers would be bowling at a pace of 115-120. What a change!

Kudos

26 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

What a pleasant surprise! After a long time, managed get some free time off work and switched on the TV. The first bowler who was bowling, Sayan Ghosh, same Waqar Younisque, Lastith Malinga's kinda action, he was bowling consistently at 136-137.. Now, if what express bowling and the others have been saying has some mettle, that the domestic speed guns are slower, this kid might as well be bowling around 140. Nevertheless, he looked young and a little lean. I would say, in a few years this kid will hit 145. And he is a pretty decent bowler.

That's as much time I got, to watch a couple of overs, and it was fantastic.

I remember back in the days in the 90's, if you were to switch your tv on for a domestic match, the pacers would be bowling at a pace of 115-120. What a change!

Kudos

:nice:

Apart from the higher speeds, the change in style of bowling..... most bowlers are trying to hit the deck hard as compared to the floaty bowlers even 6 or 7  years back.... is another refreshing feature.

Every zone has 4 or 5 international type pacers now.

We have the much needed fast bowling culture now in our country.....after years of hard work to get there.