Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

1 hour ago, Pollack said:

So speedgun after all is important to you contrary to your claim. Thanks for confirmation.

I am  talking about bowling style here and effect on the batsman.   Batsmen never used to hop and jump and be scared when Sreesanth used to bowl.... and that is what I look for in a true fast bowler.... batsmen being scared of physical injury.

Sreesanth touched 149 k and  148 k in a couple of ODI series and was often produced high speed-gun readings upto 145 k.  But his bowling style was usually " pitch the ball up and get swing ".

If you notice, I have left out Umesh Yadav who gives very high speed-gun readings consistently.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I am  talking about bowling style here and effect on the batsman.   Batsmen never used to hop and jump and be scared when Sreesanth used to bowl.... and that is what I look for in a true fast bowler.

Sreesanth touched 149 k and  148 k in a couple of ODI series and was often produced high speed-gun readings upto 145 k.  But his bowling style was usually " pitch the ball up and get swing ".

If you notice, I have left out Umesh Yadav who gives very high speed-guns readings consistently.

So you basically meant who were quick and made use of bounce consistently rather than pitching it up. You shouldve mentioned that.

11 minutes ago, Pollack said:

So you basically meant who were quick and made use of bounce consistently rather than pitching it up. You shouldve mentioned that.

Sreesanth was like Ishant who would quick here and there when his rhythm was very good, not all the time. True genuine quicks bowl quick all the time.

20 minutes ago, Pollack said:

So you basically meant who were quick and made use of bounce consistently rather than pitching it up.

Not only that....  quick pacers who lose less pace after the ball pitches  by using various techniques.....those who can combine good yorkers and bouncers at high pace...etc. are also included.

20 minutes ago, Pollack said:

You shouldve mentioned that.

The post was not directed at you.  

The target " audience "   have already understood it  or will do so when they read it.

9 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

didnt play much

In his debut first-class season with Kent in 1993, the English-born right armer made a huge impression, prompting no less an authority than Sir Vivian Richards (then playing with Glamorgan) to rank him as possibly the quickest bowler he had ever faced in his illustrious career.

Does this mean, others who Viv faced likes of Marshal, Holding, Roberts, Lillie, Thommo were slower?

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

To me, a true fast bowler is someone for whom you don't need speed-guns to identify that he is really quick.

Like Srinath,  Munaf ( first 2 years )  ,   Aaron and   Shami      ( among Indians )

Khejroliaya looks like  another such quick.

Agreed, when batsmen struggle to get bat on ball by getting beaten for pace, you automatically know the guy is quick.

5 hours ago, rkt.india said:

check out this guy...Kulwant Khejroliya. Looks to be another left arm quick on the horizon....exciting..selected to play for Delhi Vijay Hazare team. Hails from Rajasthan, will play for Delhi. Nathu Singh should move to Mumbai too.

Seems a genuine quick. Hope he is given more chances.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

The post was not directed at you.  

The target " audience "   have already understood it  or will do so when they read it.

Was your target audience only @rkt.india.

Sad that I thought it was an open forum and as such everyone is target audience. Now that I know I am not your target audience I wouldn't quote. I apologise for my ignorance. :agree: Keep agreeing amongst your target audience.

Edited by Pollack
7 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Was your target audience only @rkt.india.

Sad that I thought it was an open forum and as such everyone is target audience. Now that I know I am not your target audience I wouldn't quote. I apologise for my ignorance. :agree: Keep agreeing amongst your target audience.

target audience means people who understand fast bowling. I dont know why you brought Sreesanth in. 

5 minutes ago, Malcolm Merlyn said:

Poor quality camera recording can make balls look quicker than they actually are.Plus the camera was placed right behind the wicket in video one.If this huy was any quick we would already have  media reporting this..The media didnt spare hyping Trundler Nazir.

there are already reports about him and he has already been picked by Delhi while himself belongs to Rajasthan but DDCA asked him to make his Delhi domicile as soon as he did this, he is picked for Vijay Hazare trophy. He was recently seen at Delhi Daredevils nets and he will be in auction.

Regarding camera, there are other videos too from front on and camera quality is not poor. These videos are from DY Patil T20. even if camera is poor it wont make Praveen, Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni look quick.

Edited by rkt.india
5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

there are already reports about him and he has already been picked by Delhi while himself belongs to Rajasthan but DDCA asked him to make his Delhi domicile as soon as he did this, he is picked for Vijay Hazare trophy. He was recently seen at Delhi Daredevils nets and he will be in auction.

Regarding camera, there are other videos too from front on and camera quality is not poor. These videos are from DY Patil T20. even if camera is poor it wont make Praveen, Kumar, Vinay Kumar, Dhawal Kulkarni look quick.

Lower frame rate cameras will make balls look quicker.

Can you please link to these reports about him?

5 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

target audience means people who understand fast bowling. I dont know why you brought Sreesanth in. 

Sorry sir I do not understand fast bowling. I only play underarm box cricket with plastic ball. Reason I brought Sree was because to me he looked quick though many a times he wasn't. But you see I only play underarm box cricket. I am already repenting my mistake.

9 minutes ago, Pollack said:

Sorry sir I do not understand fast bowling. I only play underarm box cricket with plastic ball. Reason I brought Sree was because to me he looked quick though many a times he wasn't. But you see I only play underarm box cricket. I am already repenting my mistake.

you are saying opposite thing about Sreesanth. He would not look quick even when speeds showed he was bowling quick.

Also, because you are a new member on the forum, I suppose, though you might be an old member with a new moniker too, so posters are not familiar with you.

Edited by rkt.india