Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

15 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Even 140-142k consistent showing will earn him good name and will get noticed.

This speed in a T20 match is very common.  If he has to catch the eyes of the right people because of speeds..... it has to be 145 k to 150 k for T20 matches.

Otherwise, it has to be really good performances.

Edited by express bowling
13 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

OH !  

Did we notice suddenly this year we have  several quality lefties doing well . 

Now we have a choice of Aniket , Sangwan , Kulwant and may be Sran .

I think its after almost 10 years  we have this Luxury .

The last set  was of RP, Irfan , Nehra , Zak  

This new breed is more fitter, mature, aggressive n better,RP was never fit enough or tried hard he had a lackadaisical attitude plus he was never a decent bowler, Nehra had promise but again no fitness stamina, Irfan n Zak had promise n Zak delivered .

These new guys Aniket, Sangwan, Sran are better athletes n more ready to play for India n more pacier, certainly Aniket can be very good in test.

Sangwan can start with shorter format, Sran has to work on fitness n stamina but has skills , Kulwant is a rookie but tons of potential.

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

In the dy patil, he looked quicker than Aniket and Nathu who themselves bowl 138-142 range.

Ya but we shouldn't expect 150 from him at this time. He may be able to in future with his built but I would be happy if he can bowl consistently at around 142ish, and also change it up a bit to some 135 etc as it is important to change it up in 2020 and not bowl at the same higher speeds. 

17 minutes ago, express bowling said:

This speed in a T20 match is very common.  If he has to catch the eyes of the right people because of speeds..... it has to be 145 k to 150 k for T20 matches.

Other wise, it has to be really good performances.

He will hit 145 for sure. If you watched that video, see that 5th ball of his first over that carried to head height to Pant. It wasn't short, just short of good length. It flew to the keeper. It was nothing short of at least 90 mph. Reminded of some of the deliveries that Starc and Cummins bowl.

Edited by rkt.india
1 minute ago, rkt.india said:

He will hit 145 for sure. If you that video, see that 5th ball of his first over that carried to head height to Pant. It wasn't short, just short of good length. It flew to the keeper. It was nothing short of at least 90 mph. Reminded of some of the deliveries that Starc and Cummins bowl.

Surprisingly he doesn't appear to put too much effort n has a rhythmic runup n easy fluent action ,not as much shoulder into it like Umesh but more his slingy arm n arm speed maybe a bit flex, but I can't see that

Sangwan has a really good chance of making it to champions trophy, I think best among all the new seamers. This is because he has been around and known to people and him having a good run in this IPL will just bounce up his chances of getting picked even further.

I hope he performs well and use the slow ball etc and impress the selectors. In particular, I hope he does well against RCb so he can impress Kohli more and he then picks him for Champions Trophy.

2 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Sangwan has a really good chance of making it to champions trophy, I think best among all the new seamers. This is because he has been around and known to people and him having a good run in this IPL will just bounce up his chances of getting picked even further.

I hope he performs well and use the slow ball etc and impress the selectors. In particular, I hope he does well against RCb so he can impress Kohli more and he then picks him for Champions Trophy.

Kumble has not talked or mentioned Sangwan in his interview but he figured in A tour yes IPL will be critical, either one of Aniket, Sangwan, Thampi will be picked for India soon but I put my money on Aniket as he looks most ready n next Sangwan.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Sangwan needs to work on his line against right handers, gives a lot of width.

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

Surprisingly he doesn't appear to put too much effort n has a rhythmic runup n easy fluent action ,not as much shoulder into it like Umesh but more his slingy arm n arm speed maybe a bit flex, but I can't see that

He has a very short run-up, barely 12-15 steps.

11 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He will hit 145 for sure. If you watched that video, see that 5th ball of his first over that carried to head height to Pant. It wasn't short, just short of good length. It flew to the keeper. It was nothing short of at least 90 mph. Reminded of some of the deliveries that Starc and Cummins bowl.

I expect him to clock some 145 k + deliveries.... would be surprised if he does not.

Just now, rkt.india said:

Sangwan needs to work on his line against right handers, gives a lot of width.

Just now, MCcricket said:

Kumble has not talked or mentioned Sangwan in his interview but he figured in A tour yes IPL will be critical, either one of Aniket, Sangwan, Thampi will be picked for India soon but I put my money on Aniket as he looks most ready n next Sangwan.

Also Vijay Hazare is coming up, so that performance will give him good attention if he can do well there. He also needs to set his field right at times. I noticed he tried bowling few short balls and did not have a fielder on deep fine leg area. Little changes will help him. This is where Kohli can help him as he lets bowlers set the field to the bowlrts plans. 

2 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

He has a very short run-up, barely 12-15 steps.

Finally this IPL we will have young Indian Quicksilver who will not be show ponies or ATUL Sharma's but athletic quick bowlers who are world class n can compare with the best around in terms of pace, action, attitude.

I don't think Aniket, Thampi, Sangwan, Nathu, Kulwant, Sran, Warrier are behind or second choice to the Mitchell Marsh, Stokes by far n comparable to Milne n other rookie quicks

35 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

Even if he touches 145k

He Will  be noticed and talked about though there could be few Indian pacers who will touch 145k.

Lots of pacers all over the world, including Indian seamers, touch 145 k in the IPL.  Even Bhuvi bowled 144 k last time.

Bowling 145 k in domestic matches and in test matches / ODIs .....is something special.

2 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Lots of pacers all over the world, including Indian seamers, touch 145 k in the IPL.  Even Bhuvi bowled 144 k last time.

Bowling 145 k in domestic matches and in test matches / ODIs .....is something special.

Ya but Kulwant has never bowled at top level unlike Bhuvi and co. So when any Indian rookie comes in and bowls 142ish and more, he will be noticed regardless. He is a rookie so surely will gain attention. 

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Also Vijay Hazare is coming up, so that performance will give him good attention if he can do well there. He also needs to set his field right at times. I noticed he tried bowling few short balls and did not have a fielder on deep fine leg area. Little changes will help him. This is where Kohli can help him as he lets bowlers set the field to the bowlrts plans. 

Sangwan is quite smart based on Viru n other seniors comments , intact he need not try too much, an occasional, short or yorker n channel bowling at his pace with some use of seam or cutters would make him very useful.

If he hopefully keeps his pace n bowls good channels n can bring one back he will play tests for India sooner then later, also he was a swing bowler who now is hit the deck seamer so hopefully he can do both lengths n can be versatile in most conditions.

24 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Ya but Kulwant has never bowled at top level unlike Bhuvi and co. So when any Indian rookie comes in and bowls 142ish and more, he will be noticed regardless. He is a rookie so surely will gain attention. 

Thing is.... he looked significantly quicker than Bhuvi,  and a bit quicker than Aniket, while bowling in DY Patil....so, some 145 k + deliveries can't be ruled out.

Edited by express bowling
34 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

We should keep  low expectation of new faces in champions trophy.  I see a pattern of selectors' recent selection wherein champions trophy  

will have hardly any  newcomer included. In fact if shami is not fit , even Nehra may sneak in.

I am not saying this is good  but this is what may happen unless some one does extremely well in IPL.    

But i do see real changes in the next one day series to WI.   

I think that team will be of youngsters and from then on we will see most of the new guys we talk about here being given chances .

Hope there would not be a BIG RUDAALI in this forum  when  team is declared for CT if we keep our expectation low.