Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, express bowling said:

Bowling at the nets is to allow the captain and coach to see the young prospects in action.

Kumble said that he does not get time to watch much domestic cricket ( same for Kohli )  and this is the way they can actually check bowlers out

I feel it is a very practical step and much better than looking at just FC stats to pick bowlers.

I agree though that a young quick should have played in place of Nehra in the T20Is and one new quick could have been tried against Bangladesh, with 3 fast bowlers playing.

You miss my point . Great that invited to nets 

but even more invaluable to get proper game time and get proper look in proper matches 

instead we played nehra. Ffs 

As no many don't have confidence to replace a proven failure in ishant . 

But if aniket had played t20s am sure he could have impressed with speeds and accuracy . And many including India team mangt may have thought heck this guy good and from their things develop 

no reason with enough vision etc we can't have another shami type . Just need to go for it . The cupboard is full of hot young quicks , time to invest in them 

Our quicks notched up good speeds in the 2nd innings too

Speed ranges of most deliveries excluding slower balls

Umesh  137 k to 147 k

Ishant   135 k to 145 k

Umesh bowled  excellently in the 2nd innings too. Got the ball to reverse both ways at high pace. But used the bouncers judiciously too.  Hit Renshaw with a nasty short ball and almost got Wade out with a sizzling bouncer.   Picked up 6 wickets for the match on a slow track.

Umesh seems to have found out at last, which areas to bowl and what combinations of deliveries to bowl to pick up wickets regularly.  We saw the same thing happen with Shami in test matches after return from injury.  Both are now picking wickets against top teams and that bodes well for our fast bowling present and future.

I  hope the last 2 test matches were not flash in the pan performances by Umesh.

18 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

instead we played nehra. 

I agreed to that part.   Also, as I said.....would have liked to see Aniket play in the Bangladesh test in place of either Ishant or Bhuvi.

15 minutes ago, King Tendulkar said:

As no many don't have confidence to replace a proven failure in ishant . 

But if aniket had played t20s am sure he could have impressed with speeds and accuracy . And many including India team mangt may have thought heck this guy good and from their things develop 

no reason with enough vision etc we can't have another shami type . Just need to go for it . The cupboard is full of hot young quicks , time to invest in them 

Aniket looks like a test bowler as of today.    Was not bowling that well even in the SMA Trophy matches against mediocre batters. No yorkers, no slower balls.... basically was bowling test match line and length and getting smashed.

He can be tried in the first 40 overs of ODIs even....but needs to practice more for T20Is.  He has somehow played very few domestic one day and t20 matches and lots of FC matches....hence the bowling style perhaps.

Quicks like Nathu Singh and Basil Thampi have very good yorkers and decent slower balls.... and they seem more suited for T20s as of today.

Nathu was recovering from a shoulder injury and that is the reason he was not tried earlier.  He is fully fit now. Thampi came to the forefront only 20 days back and was not on the radar during the T20I matches against England.

Edited by express bowling
On 2/24/2017 at 6:36 PM, King Tendulkar said:

Yadav close to starc pace wise 

yadav genuine fast bowler

ps with control now :p:

Average wise starc  ends up faster ..he bowled too many balls in 144 to 149k initially.

Even bouncers to pujara were around 144 from good length...not short of length...unbelievable ball on Indian track to get pujara.

Varun Aaron bowling really well  this  season in domestic matches and A tours

Has picked up 9 wickets in 3 List A matches so far at an economy rate of 3.62 only

Had picked up 8 wickets in  only  4  T20 matches

Also, he did well in the only completed unofficial test on the A tour to Australia and picked up 5 wickets.    Lowish ER too.

Picked up 9 wickets in  the 4 innings he bowled in Ranji Trophy before getting injured.

Edited by express bowling
Varun Aaron bowling really well  this  season in domestic matches and A tours

Has picked up 9 wickets in 3 List A matches so far at an economy rate of 3.62 only

Had picked up 8 wickets in  only  4  T20 matches

Also, he did well in the only completed unofficial test on the A tour to Australia and picked up 5 wickets

Picked up 9 wickets in  the 4 innings he bowled in Ranji Trophy before getting injured.

What's his pace

Sent from my vivo 1601 using Tapatalk

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

None of those matches were televised

In the unofficial test match vs Australia A.... he was looking very quick.

Hope he hasn't compromised his pace.....I mean how often do you see Indian pacers capable of ending a player's career by smacking them with pue pace...in this case,Broad's batting career-he went from a bowling allrounder to a typical tailender after Aaron broke his nose.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Hope he hasn't compromised his pace.....I mean how often do you see Indian pacers capable of ending a player's career by smacking them with pue pace...in this case,Broad's batting career-he went from a bowling allrounder to a typical tailender after Aaron broke his nose.

Aaron has said in many interviews that he will never compromise on pace even after the multiple injuries that he has had. Same is the case with Umesh. They just love to run in and bowl fast.

1 hour ago, maniac said:

Irfan Pathan did it at 136 Ks