Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Even though Cummins was the batsman here, look at the way Umesh is using the crease. Reversing the ball both ways. He has that ball on a string. Not bad for a "brainless" phassst bowler. 

Please bro don't use that word "brainless" its hyped around by some blind dhoni chamchas who themselves are brainless

3 hours ago, Mosher said:

Even though Cummins was the batsman here, look at the way Umesh is using the crease. Reversing the ball both ways. He has that ball on a string. Not bad for a "brainless" phassst bowler. 

It is so heartening to see Umesh display his full range of skills.... reverse swing both ways, seam movement, surprise bouncers, usage of angles, bowling good length around off stump deliveries ball after ball  etc.

He has become a much more  confident bowler with support from Kohli and Kumble and the results are there for all to see.

I just hope that Aaron is given similar kind of support now.  He is more intelligent than many pacers and is fully fit now.   There is a lot of potential to unearth there if Kohli and Kumble back him like they have backed Umesh.  I think what is setting him back is the perception that he is not a fit bowler.  He has just had one minor heal injury in the last 30 months and that has to be kept in mind.

Edited by express bowling
16 minutes ago, express bowling said:

It is so heartening to see Umesh display his full range of skills.... reverse swing both ways, seam movement, surprise bouncers, usage of angles, bowling good length around off stump deliveries ball after ball  etc.

He has become a much more  confident bowler with support from Kohli and Kumble and the results are there for all to see.

I just hope that Aaron is given similar kind of support now.  He is more intelligent than many pacers and is fully fit now.   There is a lot of potential to unearth there if Kohli and Kumble back him like they have backed Umesh.  I think what is setting him back is the perception that he is not a fit bowler.  He has just had one minor heal injury in the last 30 months and that has to be kept in mind.

Yeah bro. Hope Aaron makes a comeback soon. He needs to be in the scheme of things and backed like Umesh. I cannot believe that Aaron has not even made it to the Zonal/India A teams. Even though fast bowlers should not be judged based on IPL, I am hoping he has a great IPL. That's one way of getting back in the limelight.  

32 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Umesh in 4th test Dharmshala is the best i have seen from an Indian fast-bowler, i don't remember Srinath from 1996 SA tour but Umesh matched his 17 wickets. Amazing.

Hope we can find some videos and preserve this.

Umesh needs to have a career defining spell like Srinath vs SA. Hopefully we will see that soon. Srinath was just unplayable in that innings vs SA. Wickets with the new ball and those reverse swinging deliveries later on with the older ball :adore: 

You guys clearly dont remember Srinath's 8 wicket haul vs Pakistan in kolkatta in 1998. He bowled ferocious and fast, better than Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib in the entire series. 

Sadly, there's no video coverage of that match available. He bowled so fast in that match that Ramiz Raza was forced to say ' It's not easy to play against the pace of Srinath'.

10 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

You guys clearly dont remember Srinath's 8 wicket haul vs Pakistan in kolkatta in 1998. He bowled ferocious and fast, better than Wasim, Waqar and Shoaib in the entire series. 

Sadly, there's no video coverage of that match available. He bowled so fast in that match that Ramiz Raza was forced to say ' It's not easy to play against the pace of Srinath'.

I remember that match clearly.  That was a n awesome spell in which Srinath was getting his bouncers to seam in sharply and that  made it even more difficult for our padosis.

I think Mosher was talking about the match in which Srinath really evolved as a fearsome strike-bowler and ran through the opposition with the opposition needing only 170.   The 1999 match was after that, when Srinath was known as a strike-bowler.

Edited by express bowling
1 hour ago, speedheat said:

what was trundler alis average pace???

146k???? He is blatant trundler

i think its fluke

He bowls at the death and middle of the innings n t20s so there are a lot of slower balls  i wouldnt look at average pace with him .

But he has hit 145 kph plus in both games and has hit 140 pretty consistently here and in the Psl.

Hits the seam and moves it around . Rate him very highly . Will play test cricket for Pakistan soon.

Edited by the don
23 minutes ago, Vilander said:

Srinath could use his height so well.

Srinath could have been so much better if he had a mean streak.  Or If he hadn't spent almost 2 seasons on the bench thanks to Kapil's chase of Hadlee's record.  Can't blame it all on others though.  He didn't figure out his own bowling and the lengths he needed to be, until he was almost done.

On 3/31/2017 at 9:30 AM, sandeep said:

Srinath could have been so much better if he had a mean streak.  Or If he hadn't spent almost 2 seasons on the bench thanks to Kapil's chase of Hadlee's record.  Can't blame it all on others though.  He didn't figure out his own bowling and the lengths he needed to be, until he was almost done.

Srinath had serious pace ,bounce n could seam the ball but for most part was an underachiever with his talents, reasons, delayed debut, relevant A team, county experience would've helped, he did not have the nous, aggressiveness which kinda makes up for planning n smartness with pace n aggression, in this age with technology n exposure he would've been far better, even was stated by him what took years for him during his time would probably be achieved in year or less with technology, analysis n expertise.

Srinath is way over rated on ICF. Outside ICF he is rightly rated or maybe only a slightly under rated. 

Pace and bounce and people salivate here. Agreed those are very vital for a pace bowler but if they still don't take much wickets compared to standards around the world at that time then there is no point elevating him too much.

I would say even Agarkar was better than Srinath. Srinath was one trick pony.Used to keep his length short always.No matter what.No sorry.No he won't. LOL.