Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

5 hours ago, vishalvirsingh said:

I am tempted to rest hardik and ashwin.

Play all 4 pacers umesh shammi bumrah bhuvi.

If i decide to Drop bhuvi ..i feel as if I am biased against bhuvi and am taking wrong decision as he has improved.

Umesh and bumrah looked unplayable yesterday...they looked as if bowling at 145k consistently and fastish Yorkers n bouncers..they were toying with batsman.

If these 4 are selected along with jaddu..pak cannot score 150 runs.

If hardik is selected as 5th bowler some batsman may get stuck and pak may score 190 runs.

India will win either way.

If all 4 are selected and all 4 are as accurate as yesterday...pak will really do well to score 160 runs.

I had declared Australia will win tournament but if kohli picks all 4 pacers and our batsman support them ..who knows India wins.

All 4 are looking terrific but hardik as a pacer is not in rhythm.

Ash should be benched for the entire tournament.

4 pacers and one spinner is a good strategy against Pakistan. Three spinners would be good strategy against SA.

The key in cricket and all other sports is to create mismatches. If India is fortunate to progress to next stage they will need three spinners and that is where the selectors missed a trick by picking Ashwin. Should have one more selection.

I give F to the selectors for their effort.

53 minutes ago, Khota said:

4 pacers and one spinner is a good strategy against Pakistan. Three spinners would be good strategy against SA.

The key in cricket and all other sports is to create mismatches. If India is fortunate to progress to next stage they will need three spinners and that is where the selectors missed a trick by picking Ashwin. Should have one more selection.

I give F to the selectors for their effort.

my dear these tracks in england do not offer any assistance to spinners.

Jaddu was bowling at 103k and ashwin was bowling a even turning at 85k but the turn was so slow that he was hit at the back foot where as Jaddy was bowling flat yorker type balls .. i bet even jaddu will get hit by good batsman. 

these tracks Spinners will be hit for 65+ runs in their 10 overs..on these tracks any spinner would be hit badly just see the matches.

These pitches offer some bounce and hence fast bowlers who are smart get some advantage.

Umesh Shammi and Bumrah have the capability to get good bounce and Bhuvi can swing the ball well..

if you remember umesh's bouncer was hooked straight into dhoni's hands and shammi also got the opener out of a ball which bouncer.

if Jaddu can keep the batsman quite then it will be a big win. yesterday batsman attacked him and jaddu n dhoni were smart.

34 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

my dear these tracks in england do not offer any assistance to spinners.

Jaddu was bowling at 103k and ashwin was bowling a even turning at 85k but the turn was so slow that he was hit at the back foot where as Jaddy was bowling flat yorker type balls .. i bet even jaddu will get hit by good batsman. 

these tracks Spinners will be hit for 65+ runs in their 10 overs..on these tracks any spinner would be hit badly just see the matches.

These pitches offer some bounce and hence fast bowlers who are smart get some advantage.

Umesh Shammi and Bumrah have the capability to get good bounce and Bhuvi can swing the ball well..

if you remember umesh's bouncer was hooked straight into dhoni's hands and shammi also got the opener out of a ball which bouncer.

if Jaddu can keep the batsman quite then it will be a big win. yesterday batsman attacked him and jaddu n dhoni were smart.

I agree. But good quality spinners have been taking wkts on these tracks. Australia and other teams do not have the depth and quality of spin that India does have.

1 minute ago, express bowling said:

Bhuvi picks up 2 wickets with good bouncers so far.

He is looking so much more potent after he has added pace and bounce.

Similarly, Umesh is looking much more potent after he has become accurate.

This is why we talk about combining pace / bounce with skills at international level along with the ability to hit the deck hard when needed.

It is not an " either / or " case.

still at work. Couldnt see! Damn, I missed it

Has anyone counted how many times Sanju Manju has said " INDIAN  SEAMERS "  on a day all 5  of our fast bowlers have bowled really quick  ?

Must have crossed 100 times.

And he was also making his point clear by saying Bangladeshi Fast Bowlers.

Manju has serious self-confidence issues.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, express bowling said:

One thing very pleasing to me was the style of bowling India adopted on a day the ball was not swinging that much but there was seam movement and bounce on offer.

All our 5 fast bowlers hit the deck hard and got consistent bounce and seam movement.

Result.... Bangladesh 84 all out.

The 3 basic skills required for fast bowlers these days in tests and ODIs unless bowling at the death

-- Hitting the deck hard and getting bounce and seam movement at pace.

-- Pitching the ball up for swing

-- Getting the ball to reverse at pace.

All the Indian fast bowlers in this team  are developing all these 3 skills and using them as when required..    and I really like it.

We are not a one-trick-pony pace bowling side anymore.

Yes rightly put, all about having the ability to extract something out in some way to make the batsman do a mistake. Not every day it will be overcaste and the new ball wont last long so the ability to extract somethinv when nothing is happening is what we look for .

The people who blame us being blind followers of speed, no we dnt look for speed only mention above are the things we look for not one dimension bowlers like unadkat n gang

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Has anyone counted how many times Sanju Manju has said " INDIAN  SEAMERS "  on a day all 5  of our fast bowlers have bowled really quick  ?

Must have crossed 100 times.

And he was also making his point clear by saying Bangladeshi Fast Bowlers.

Manju has serious self-confidence issues.

Yup wrote many times he is true repersentative of our team in 90s .....lack of self beilief in himself n everyone around. 

Still he wont admit the fact how his theory on bhuvi loosing the plot due to gaining speed is proven wrong