Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

Just now, Mosher said:

Shami spitting fire on this flat pitch. Pace, perfect seam position, moving it both ways with wonderful control. What a bowler!

I have never seen such a complete fast bowler from India like Shami 

Ability to set up batsmen, genuine pace, excellent accuracy, great seam position, good bounce, great bouncers, seam movement both ways, swing, reverse swing, late-dipping yorkers, making the batsmen play a lot  .... what a range of skills !

If only he can stay fit  !

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

I have never seen such a complete fast bowler from India like Shami 

Ability to set up batsmen, genuine pace, excellent accuracy, great seam position, good bounce, great bouncers, seam movement both ways, swing, reverse swing, late-dipping yorkers, making the batsmen play a lot  .... what a range of skills !

If only he can stay fit  !

Yeah only his fitness is holding him back. Even though he is a good bowler in ODI's, I want him to play only test matches from now on. He is priceless for India in tests. 

Umesh has bowled a good line in the 2nd innings.

Length has been mostly good but at times a bit too full.

Very few surprise bouncer... this is helping the batsmen camp on the front foot and counter the movement.

Has hit the deck hard and got good carry.

Overall, good spells but can improve.

Edited by express bowling

Umesh has the ability to bowl those faster balls at 144 k to 148 k .... while bowling 138 k to 142 k .... and take wickets with some of those quicker balls as the batsman is surprised.  He used to bowl those really quick balls in almost ever innings.

Starting from the CT in July '17 , we are seeing that he is not bowling those 144 k to 148 k balls in many innings.  In some innings we are seeing those quick balls but in many innings, he is not going above 143 k.  

Is it because he is overworked  ?  

It is a good thing that he is rested for the ODIs.... he should have been rested in WI only.

Edited by express bowling
36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh has the ability to bowl those faster balls at 144 k to 148 k .... while bowling 138 k to 142 k .... and take wickets with some of those quicker balls as the batsman is surprised.  He used to bowl those really quick balls in almost ever innings.

Starting from the CT in July '17 , we are seeing that he is not bowling those 144 k to 148 k balls in many innings.  In some innings we are seeing those quick balls but in many innings, he is not going above 143 k.  

Is it because he is overworked  ?  

It is a good thing that he is rested for the ODIs.... he should have been rested in WI only.

Maybe something to do with the hamstring niggle he had yesterday? I think he should be not be selected for ODI's. He should play in test matches only from now on. 

57 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Maybe something to do with the hamstring niggle he had yesterday? I think he should be not be selected for ODI's. He should play in test matches only from now on. 

We are seeing this for 3 tests and 7 ODIs now.

Looks like a tiredness issue and, as you said, should play only tests from now on.