Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

28 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh hits Kumara on the arm with a 144 k bouncer when he tried to duck.

As you all know i am most fond of Umesh Yadav as he and Varun are the fastest bowler in INDIA.

I should analyse the pace bowlers( i don't analyse Spinners at all).

1. I am actually extremely happy and delighted to see Shammi bowling between 137 to 147k and consistently bowling 144 to 147K..this guy is at his peak and he is bowling at his best.
  2.  why has UMESH slowed down. as soon as he increases his pace to 142+ his line n length goes awry .. i am not very happy and delighted with his bowling..this was lanka so they respected him, he is trying to maintain line n length but bcos of maintaining his length , he is slowing down and that is kind a cause for concern.  bowling line and length at 139k is not going to fetch him wickets of GOOD batsman...specially batsman who play pacers well, i mean australian ,english and african batsman who are very good against pacers.
  3. Umesh has to again turn into 144k + pacer as in this test match , he has bowled at an average pace of less than Shammi and Shammi has totally been the BEST PACER out of the three pacers of INDIA. Shammi's line n length and his control of SEAM is so good that umesh cannot compete with SHAMMI unless Umesh is at least 2 to 3 K faster than SHAMMI else BHuvi and ISHANT who are both 140+ most of the time will replace Umesh in the line up. AS now hardik is going to be the third pacer in most of the tests, always 2 pacers are going to be picked. 
  4. the way Shammi has bowled in this test match he has looked ONE level higher than Umesh,bhuvi and Ishant and Shammi has kinda got the fast bowling Spearhead crown on his HEAD. Umesh has never challenged Shammi in this test match. I am not too sure whether Umesh will remain in the eleven if he does not improve. AS a big umesh fan , i wanna him to turn back into a 144k+ pacer and maintain his line n length at that pace. there are many pacers who can maintain good line n length under 140K and they are sitting on the bench or are in india. i think bumrah or bhuvi may replace UMESH soon in the eleven if he does not turn back into a genuine fast bowler.

i think SHammi can win us the african series if he consistently bowls like he bowled in this test. 

selectors have been smart and have rested him and Umesh from ODI's. 

shardul ,bhuvi and bumrah is a decent attack for an ODI , actually that yorker expert pace bowler who was in india A ODI team ( i am missing his name) could have been picked too. bcos that guy was bowling bouncers and yorkers consistently. they could have even picked Vijay shankar.

AXAR is a average spinner who tries to only stop runs and i would have picked vijay shankar ahead of him or krunnal pandya.

now DHONI has to perform else he will perish as rishabh is waiting in the wings but as I know DHONI is a very cleaver player ..he is bound to play Selfish and will perform.he is also a better judger than saha of deciding when to take assistance from 3rd umpire though saha is a much better keeper.

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

As you all know i am most fond of Umesh Yadav as he and Varun are the fastest bowler in INDIA.

I should analyse the pace bowlers( i don't analyse Spinners at all).

1. I am actually extremely happy and delighted to see Shammi bowling between 137 to 147k and consistently bowling 144 to 147K..this guy is at his peak and he is bowling at his best.
  2.  why has UMESH slowed down. as soon as he increases his pace to 142+ his line n length goes awry .. i am not very happy and delighted with his bowling..this was lanka so they respected him, he is trying to maintain line n length but bcos of maintaining his length , he is slowing down and that is kind a cause for concern.  bowling line and length at 139k is not going to fetch him wickets of GOOD batsman...specially batsman who play pacers well, i mean australian ,english and african batsman who are very good against pacers.
  3. Umesh has to again turn into 144k + pacer as in this test match , he has bowled at an average pace of less than Shammi and Shammi has totally been the BEST PACER out of the three pacers of INDIA. Shammi's line n length and his control of SEAM is so good that umesh cannot compete with SHAMMI unless Umesh is at least 2 to 3 K faster than SHAMMI else BHuvi and ISHANT who are both 140+ most of the time will replace Umesh in the line up. AS now hardik is going to be the third pacer in most of the tests, always 2 pacers are going to be picked. 
  4. the way Shammi has bowled in this test match he has looked ONE level higher than Umesh,bhuvi and Ishant and Shammi has kinda got the fast bowling Spearhead crown on his HEAD. Umesh has never challenged Shammi in this test match. I am not too sure whether Umesh will remain in the eleven if he does not improve. AS a big umesh fan , i wanna him to turn back into a 144k+ pacer and maintain his line n length at that pace. there are many pacers who can maintain good line n length under 140K and they are sitting on the bench or are in india. i think bumrah or bhuvi may replace UMESH soon in the eleven if he does not turn back into a genuine fast bowler.

Many good points.

Umesh cannot afford to slow down as that is his USP.  He is not a very accurate bowler and looks very ordinary bowling at  136 k average speed.

I open batting for my team( am opener)..if one can duck the ball with the bat ( press the ball and control it) by coming in line of the ball , batsman can control the Pace bowler and never give his wickets.

As a OPener as soon as i see a pace bowler to whom i can manage to duck the ball down in ground and do my watching the ball job well , i feel i can control the game and score runs.

Main job of a opening batsman is to be able to watch the ball well  till ball hits the bat and place his bat straight preferably in the Line of the ball and not play cross batted or edge the ball. when ever i get medium trundlers using the new ball i enjoy batting against them as i do my JOB very well but as soon as  i start guessing while batting I get Out , it happens when the bowler is fast and his ball skids and hits the PAD or edge of my bat and i look like a Blind batsman. 

today MENDIS( top batsman of lanka) was PLUMB in front of the three stumps looking like a DONALD DUCK and was LBW..biggest wicket of Lanka as he and karunratne have only tried to fight it out against INDIA..all others have actually Caved in and have shown no signs to fight it out.

point i wanna make is genuine PACE...even the Best batsman like mendis will find it tough. thats why i count the fast bowlers so highly.

Edited by vishalvirsingh
1 hour ago, express bowling said:

147 k again by Shami 

He is bowling quick

69th over 

139 k - bouncer

137 k

144 k - wicket

147 k

137 k

147 k

Lankans should thank god as Shammi was breathing FIRE in this Test Match and did not HURT any batsman Badly.. 

let me correct myself a lil , he did hit a few batsman a couple of times but no one was badly hurt.

Umesh did hurt their pace bowler's arm but he was saved because of the arm guard//lankans have been Lucky.

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i think the speedometer from umesh's end was malfunctioning for sure ,although he wasnt bowling as quick as shami but those balls were definitely in the 135-140k range some even quicker,

Umesh is looking tired and slower to me in this series, 2nd and 3rd test.

He needs a break as he has been playing non-stop for the last 14 months.

Don't know why he was played in the WI ODI series !!

3 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

i was listening to ajay jadeja .....he is mr chalta hai ,says there was no planning before in ind cricket so msk prasad is wasting his time trying to plan for 2019 wc .

Heard it and posted in the ODI squad thread.

Very disappointing.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

Umesh is looking tired and slower to me in this series, 2nd and 3rd test.

He needs a break as he has been playing non-stop for the last 14 months.

Don't know why he was played in the WI ODI series !!

Heard it and posted in the ODI squad thread.

Very disappointing.

I think its his motivation level. Umesh really needs a sports psychologists as he comes from a small family and achieving this much is more than enough for him. He will not realize his full potential otherwise. I wonder why the Indian management doesnt realizse this

47 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Till  7 overs

Bhuvi  down on pace so far .... bowling 130 k to 139 k in his first 4 overs.... maybe due to not playing for some time.

Pandya bowling 132 k to 141 k mostly .... but too many balls on the leg-stump

Pitch looks very slow.

Very unimpressive bowling by bhuvi

2 minutes ago, the don said:

Bumrah is trundling . Bowling at pre champions trophy pace

He can be tried in test matches for India though . He seams the bowl and seam bowlers do well in test cricket .

No.... Bumrah's  pre-Champion's Trophy pace was 135 k to 145 k..... which he increased to 135 k to 148 k  this season in both CT '17  and IPL '17.

He is playing cricket after a 2 month break and would take atleast 2 or 3 matches to go back to full pace.... did not play any domestic matches in this interval even.

Also, this pitch is very slow and all seamers are mostly bowling cutters and slower balls .... and not going for pace.

26 minutes ago, express bowling said:

No.... Bumrah's  pre-Champion's Trophy pace was 135 k to 145 k..... which he increased to 135 k to 148 k  this season in both CT '17  and IPL '17.

He is playing cricket after a 2 month break and would take atleast 2 or 3 matches to go back to full pace.... did not play any domestic matches in this interval even.

Also, this pitch is very slow and all seamers are mostly bowling cutters and slower balls .... and not going for pace.

good weather conditions in England also helped him go full tilt. You cant do that in SL. You will get dehydrated quickly in this weather.