Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Yes .... Nagarkoti's  line and length is good too and he forces batsmen to make mistakes.

Skiddy raw pace, decent accuracy, seam movement, excellent surprise bouncers .... and, most importantly, ability to run through sides.   Add to that his batting ability.

Looking forward to him playing for India seniors.

hopefully, he could also add a few more inches to his height if he is actually 17.

1 hour ago, rkt.india said:

Except one delivery which was a bit short and wide, most deliveries were good deliveries and not like batsmen threw their wickets.

Nagarkoti, 17   and Avesh,  20,   can form a great opening pair for India in the near future.

Both have the ability to run through sides and take wickets

One is short, skiddy with raw pace   and the other is tall and bouncy who makes the batsmen jump

Perfect foil for each other

Kuldeep, 22  and Rahul Chahar, 18,  a nice spin duo .... both can turn the ball, get bounce  and be effective outside the subcontinent too.

Edited by express bowling
4 minutes ago, Forever Indian said:

But usually by 17 your full growth is almost attained. At max may get taller by another inch or so.

In theory, can gain height till 21 and I have seen my classmates who were far shorter than me as short as 3-4 inches at 16 growing taller than me by 19. So, it is possible but if it happens in his case or not is uncertain.

44 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Aside from those names, there's Khaleel who's impressed the mandarins? Rajpoot is only 23 and I liked the looks of Anukul the SLA who can also tonk the ball. In the short to medium term our bowling fortunes shouldn't fluctuate much owing to the decent reserves.

The bowling pipeline looks interesting for sure

Pacers - Shardul,, Siraj, Rajpoot, Thampi, Nagarkoti, Avesh, Nathu, Aniket C, Khejroliya, Saini, Khaleel, 

Spinners - Kuldeep, Chahar, Nadeem, Anukul, Chahal, Abhshek, 

19 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Yes, at least it looks nominally adequate. They may not mark any sort of upgrade from what we currently have in the form of Shami/Umesh/Bhuvi etc. But they will at least ensure that a minimum level of standard in terms of skill and pace is maintained.

I say this because this is precisely what we lacked as a team when i started following the game seriously in 90s. An injured Srinath meant Debashish and Dodda taking up the mantle. Steep decline in quality. So I am glad that at least that wouldn't be case going forward.

Precisely the reason why I have posted the videos of the backups     : )

34 minutes ago, express bowling said:

The bowling pipeline looks interesting for sure

Pacers - Shardul,, Siraj, Rajpoot, Thampi, Nagarkoti, Avesh, Nathu, Aniket C, Khejroliya, Saini, Khaleel, 

Spinners - Kuldeep, Chahar, Nadeem, Anukul, Chahal, Abhshek, 

Probably for the 1st time we have such an exciting pool of upcoming pacers. Can't believe Nagarkoti is only 17 and can hit that pace. Avesh is another youngster who is a special talent.

8 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Probably for the 1st time we have such an exciting pool of upcoming pacers. Can't believe Nagarkoti is only 17 and can hit that pace. Avesh is another youngster who is a special talent.

Bro, what is your opinion of the 2 latest Nagarkoti videos  ?

I beleive we have not seen these videos earlier.

47 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

Yes, at least it looks nominally adequate. They may not mark any sort of upgrade from what we currently have in the form of Shami/Umesh/Bhuvi etc. But they will at least ensure that a minimum level of standard in terms of skill and pace is maintained.

I say this because this is precisely what we lacked as a team when i started following the game seriously in 90s. An injured Srinath meant Debashish and Dodda taking up the mantle. Steep decline in quality. So I am glad that at least that wouldn't be case going forward.

Ganguly!

7 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Bro, what is your opinion of the 2 latest Nagarkoti videos  ?

I beleive we have not seen these videos earlier.

Loved it! Looks like he has a pretty good yorker and those pacy deliveries which seamed back in sharply. Like Rkt mentioned wicket taking deliveries. In Nagarkoti we have a skiddy pacer and in Avesh a tall hit the deck bowler. Keen to see how they develop. Hope they are groomed properly.

5 minutes ago, Mosher said:

Loved it! Looks like he has a pretty good yorker and those pacy deliveries which seamed back in sharply. Like Rkt mentioned wicket taking deliveries. In Nagarkoti we have a skiddy pacer and in Avesh a tall hit the deck bowler. Keen to see how they develop. Hope they are groomed properly.

The transition from U19 level to senior level  can be tricky.

Good to see Nagarkoti playing List A for his state even during his U19 days.

Avesh is lost-in-transit and needs to be included in his state side ASAP.  He has been sent to Australia for training and that is a plus atleast.

3 hours ago, express bowling said:

Nathu Singh .... bowling with pace and movement .... what a talent  !

And right on money yorkers. 

Senthilnathan,chief coach of MRF pace foundation has this to say about him: 

“Nathu is a bright prospect for the country. He has the speed and control to succeed. He can definitely bowl quicker and can generate good speeds more consistently. He is sharp and nippy. Generally it is difficult to perfect a yorker and slower one but Nathu has both.”