Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

28 minutes ago, CoverDrive said:

Bumrah MoS

Bhuvi MoM

These two have filled two spots easily in the ODI lineup. Pandya is going to be a regular. Adding a Strike bowler like Shami would make it a very good attack. 

Look to rotate the spinners to find the best combination - Axar, Chahal, Ashwin, Jadeja, Kuldeep 

As Shami has dodgy knees, it is important give him ample rest in bilateral ODIs.  We need to unearth another wicket-taking pacer.  Siraj needs to be tried too.

Among the spinners in ODIs,  Kuldeep looks the best as of now and Ashwin the worst based on current form / ability.

We need a backup for the batting-allrounder's slot too and my pick would be Krunal.

7 minutes ago, MCcricket said:

I have been repeating about Shardul for ages , to he is mediocre, not a pedigree fast bowler, yes he has variations but lacks stamina n ability to bowl decent pace even in shorter format.

Shardul's issue seems to be more his very short height and lack of a high-arm action to makeup for it.

His pace would have been ok for a taller bowler or someone who is naturally more bouncy. 

He is capable of bowling 140-145 k too but looks innocuous when he bowls 132-137 k..... which does not always happen with a pacer with more natural bounce.

1 hour ago, MCcricket said:

I have been repeating about Shardul for ages , to he is mediocre, not a pedigree fast bowler, yes he has variations but lacks stamina n ability to bowl decent pace even in shorter format.

yesterday i was disappointed with shardul but i dont wanna give up on him..possibly it could be an off day for him. i think his slow variations were picked up well and he was hit badly.

cant dump him with one bad performance specially after a good show in his first match.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Shardul's issue seems to be more his very short height and lack of a high-arm action to makeup for it.

His pace would have been ok for a taller bowler or someone who is naturally more bouncy. 

He is capable of bowling 140-145 k too but looks innocuous when he bowls 132-137 k..... which does not always happen with a pacer with more natural bounce.

132 to 137k is medium pace and even the best of length bowlers like Bhuvi are attacked when they become medium pace bowlers only more than 137k to 145 k and good line n length ..it creates trouble for batsman and higher than 144k to 150K ..its a 50-50 chance for a batsman ..he is never able to control the Shot he plays against 144k+

just a simple short of good length rising ball on the 4th stump can create big trouble for batsman at 143k+.

2 hours ago, CoverDrive said:

Bumrah MoS

Bhuvi MoM

These two have filled two spots easily in the ODI lineup. Pandya is going to be a regular. Adding a Strike bowler like Shami would make it a very good attack. 

Look to rotate the spinners to find the best combination - Axar, Chahal, Ashwin, Jadeja, Kuldeep 

pardon me for saying this as i have nothing against BHUVI.

when he turns into a medium pacer( under 135k bowler) , all batsman attack him big way and even his change Slow balls ( under 125k) become totally ineffective. he gets wickets only when he bowls at pace and then slow balls surprise batsman and bad shots are hit. 

Still i see him turning into a medium pacer some times and thats why i kinda doubt him, though he is very street smart and thats why he fetched so many wickets yesterday but when he gets into his wicketless mode or is his process mode , its an issue. he has to understand public doesnot appreciate the PROCESS but the wickets that he takes or does he hit the batsman and scare them.

At least in lanka , he has never managed to get ANY SWING at all and a swingless Bhuvi is always going to be behind SHAMMI and UMESH for me even in ODI's. 

I would pick SHAMMI , Umesh ahead of him if he is not generating the famous swing that he got.

So I always would keep a question mark on his place in an ODI line up.

BUT i would play Bumrah in the test 11 and i think bumrah,shammi and Umesh would be in the 11 against australia and africa or when india plays outside india.

18 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

pardon me for saying this as i have nothing against BHUVI.

when he turns into a medium pacer( under 135k bowler) , all batsman attack him big way and even his change Slow balls ( under 125k) become totally ineffective. he gets wickets only when he bowls at pace and then slow balls surprise batsman and bad shots are hit. 

Still i see him turning into a medium pacer some times and thats why i kinda doubt him, though he is very street smart and thats why he fetched so many wickets yesterday but when he gets into his wicketless mode or is his process mode , its an issue. he has to understand public doesnot appreciate the PROCESS but the wickets that he takes or does he hit the batsman and scare them.

At least in lanka , he has never managed to get ANY SWING at all and a swingless Bhuvi is always going to be behind SHAMMI and UMESH for me even in ODI's. 

I would pick SHAMMI , Umesh ahead of him if he is not generating the famous swing that he got.

So I always would keep a question mark on his place in an ODI line up.

BUT i would play Bumrah in the test 11 and i think bumrah,shammi and Umesh would be in the 11 against australia and africa or when india plays outside india.

Umesh is not express by any stretch of imagination. He bowls at the same pace as Bhuvi nowadays - around 135 to 140kph and he lacks the control or the thinking/planning that Bhuvi has. Bhuvi ahead of Umesh any day both in tests and ODIs. Only reason that some people prefer Umesh is because he has a bigger build and looks more like a fast bowler than Bhuvi who has a smaller frame.

21 minutes ago, NareshK said:

Umesh is not express by any stretch of imagination. He bowls at the same pace as Bhuvi nowadays - around 135 to 140kph 

No.... Umesh was clocking 135 k to 148 k in almost all test matches in 2016 and early 2017.  His average speeds in those test matches were often 140 k to 141 k.

He bowled slower only in the last 2 test matches in SL, as he was overworked and overplayed.   Even then, he touched 147 k in that series with many 145 k balls.

Edited by express bowling