Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners

16 hours ago, NareshK said:

Umesh is not express by any stretch of imagination. He bowls at the same pace as Bhuvi nowadays - around 135 to 140kph and he lacks the control or the thinking/planning that Bhuvi has. Bhuvi ahead of Umesh any day both in tests and ODIs. Only reason that some people prefer Umesh is because he has a bigger build and looks more like a fast bowler than Bhuvi who has a smaller frame.

I saw a match in which both played....my observations. 

Bhuvneshwar was bowling full outside off mostly and all batsman played him at front foot all the time controlling their shots. Sometimes he did bowl short but that did not scare the hell out of batsman. 

When umesh bowled.. Batsman played him at back foot. Batsman could play only 2balls which were on pad or full.. All others he left. I cud feel that batsman was scared of facing umesh. 

Still there is difference in pace and in length and batsman play Bhuv with too much of self confidence but are **** scared facing shammi or umesh or even wicket less Ishant 

Deviating from topic, but since I am originally a Bihari ( Yes sir! You can tease me as much u want :P ) This article reminded me of Rehan Khan. I am sure they can unearth a few 140+ bowlers from Bihar, and I know you will all laugh at me, but I won't be surprised if we get a few bowlers bowling at 145 and touching 150 k's.... I know that Rehan was a 145k bowler...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/top-stories/Good-fast-bowling-talent-in-Bihar-Balwinder-Singh-Sandhu/articleshow/52854658.cms

On 9/4/2017 at 5:37 AM, NareshK said:

Umesh is not express by any stretch of imagination. He bowls at the same pace as Bhuvi nowadays - around 135 to 140kph and he lacks the control or the thinking/planning that Bhuvi has. Bhuvi ahead of Umesh any day both in tests and ODIs. Only reason that some people prefer Umesh is because he has a bigger build and looks more like a fast bowler than Bhuvi who has a smaller frame.

Did you check Umesh's speed in the test series. Its available in BCCI.tv he is faster.

1 hour ago, Rightarmfast said:

Deviating from topic, but since I am originally a Bihari ( Yes sir! You can tease me as much u want :P ) This article reminded me of Rehan Khan. I am sure they can unearth a few 140+ bowlers from Bihar, and I know you will all laugh at me, but I won't be surprised if we get a few bowlers bowling at 145 and touching 150 k's.... I know that Rehan was a 145k bowler...

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/top-stories/Good-fast-bowling-talent-in-Bihar-Balwinder-Singh-Sandhu/articleshow/52854658.cms

RAF dude now we have to definitely meet in blore.

On 9/4/2017 at 0:34 PM, express bowling said:

As Shami has dodgy knees, it is important give him ample rest in bilateral ODIs.  We need to unearth another wicket-taking pacer.  Siraj needs to be tried too.

Among the spinners in ODIs,  Kuldeep looks the best as of now and Ashwin the worst based on current form / ability.

We need a backup for the batting-allrounder's slot too and my pick would be Krunal.

Its imperative we try krunal,he can be a big asset to have in the playing 11.

59 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

He does seem to have slowed down a bit. But could also be that the motivation level is low and maybe bowling in South Africa will make him bowl quicker.

Umesh bowled slower only in the last 2 test matches of the SL series.   His fastest balls were in the range of 149 k to 145 k in the 14 tests played in the preceding 12 months.

Having to play 17 tests, the IPL and loads of ODIs in 14 months, without rest, must have made him tired. He definitely looked very tired.

Resting him in this SL ODI series was much needed.... he should have been rested in the WI ODI series too.

We must find a way to rotate our fit fast bowlers too.... so that they can maintain their intensity.

25 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Umesh bowled slower only in the last 2 test matches of the SL series.   His fastest balls were in the range of 149 k to 145 k in the 14 tests played in the preceding 12 months.

Having to play 17 tests, the IPL and loads of ODIs in 14 months, without rest, must have made him tired. He definitely looked very tired.

Resting him in this SL ODI series was much needed.... he should have been rested in the WI ODI series too.

We must find a way to rotate our fit fast bowlers too.... so that they can maintain their intensity.

Fully agree

10 minutes ago, vishalvirsingh said:

i cant find the bowl speed graphs in bcci.tv..please share how could you get that

1)  Select the match first

-- Current match link is on the home pagr

-- For past matches, go  to " archives "  tab on the top of the home page .... choose the series .... then choose the match

2)  Choose the " hawk-eye"  tab on the top of the page

3) Chose the right-most icon on the top ..... choose " bowl speeds " 

p.s -- To see ball-by-ball speeds, after selecting the match, select the " overview " tab on top.

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

1)  Select the match first

-- Current match link is on the home pagr

-- For past matches, go  to " archives "  tab on the top of the home page .... choose the series .... then choose the match

2)  Choose the " hawk-eye"  tab on the top of the page

3) Chose the right-most icon on the top ..... choose " bowl speeds " 

p.s -- To see ball-by-ball speeds, after selecting the match, select the " overview " tab on top.

Big thanks brother.. I could do. 

This is cool for experts like you and me to analyze