express bowling

Speed and performance of pacers and spinners in important matches

1 minute ago, Mosher said:

Bro 3 pacers and 1 spinner combo. I want Kuldeep as the 1st choice spinner in SENA but Jadeja edges him out because of his batting. Pant at 6 and Jadeja at 7 can work if the pitch is flat like it is in this match. If the pitch has something then Jadeja at 7 and our long tail will weaken the batting a lot. 

Don't think Kuldeep can play regularly in SENA unless he improves his batting a lot or our top 7 are solid. But feel for him as he is too exciting a talent to be sitting out on the bench.

Exactly my views bro. 

Only solution is if Kuldeep can become a potential 30+ average test batsman or we find a pacer like Mavi who can bat at 8 hopefully.

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Kuldeep gets his 5-fer with a googly.  

He has not used his googly often enough in this test, like he normally does.

which is good too.  Googly should be a surprise delivery.

36 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fastest balls in 4th test 1st innings

Bumrah   149 k

Shami     144 k

Bumrah was bowling 131-138, then suddenly started bowling yorker/full deliveries @145 - 149 ks in that over to Hazlewood. just show he can crank it up when ever required.

18 minutes ago, Insidious said:

Bumrah was bowling 131-138, then suddenly started bowling yorker/full deliveries @145 - 149 ks in that over to Hazlewood. just show he can crank it up when ever required.

Bumrah's day in day out speeds are more in the 137 k to 145 k  range.  And he can crank it up to 145 k to 150 k range when he wants.

132 k to 138 k  spells are rather rare and we have seen a couple of such spells in this test perhaps because this is the 4th test of a long tour and he is over worked.

29 minutes ago, Mosher said:

@express bowling @rkt.india Any idea what pace Kuldip Sen bowls at? Looks like a good talent. Gets real close to the stumps while bowling and bowls some lovely outswingers.

https://www.hotstar.com/sports/cricket/ranji-trophy-201819/mp-vs-himachal-himachal-fow/2001624391

Sen has looked fast-medium to me,  in the 3 or 4 videos I have seen of him bowling.  Only caveat is that ... since most pitches are green or greenish these days in Ranji Trophy, speeds  maybe difficult to gauge without a speed gun in use.  Even 130 k to 135 k pacers may look zippy.

Edited by express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

With love to watch a Ranji match between UP and  MP on TV with speed guns in use  ... and all the budding quicks playing.

When is it coming. 

5 hours ago, express bowling said:

Sen has looked fast-medium to me,  in the 3 or 4 videos I have seen of him bowling.  Only caveat is that ... since most pitches are green or greenish these days in Ranji Trophy, speeds  maybe difficult to gauge without a speed gun in use.  Even 130 k to 135 k pacers may look zippy.

He is still just 21. May increase pace.

Saw Saini bowl 2 overs after tea in Ranji Trophy.

He was bowling 135 k to 140 k mostly ...  line and length were decent too ... bowled 3 decent bouncers

BUT

his good length stock delivery seems to have become more floaty compared to last season.  That zip off the deck is not there as a result.  Noticed this in VH Trophy too.

This is perhaps the reason why he is not getting enough wickets this season in FC cricket including A-team matches.

2 overs is too short for observations ... but I say this as it was noticeable during VH Trophy too.

Kohli on the fast bowler's contribution to the series win.

The contribution of bowlers, too, was immense. "I have one word to say and that is, I am proud," Kohli said of the bowling unit. "I feel great standing in the slip cordon watching these guys. I didn't have to tell Bumrah yesterday to bowl at 149 clicks with the old ball to a No. 11. It was his decision. You can see that hunger, you can see that passion. And we would put everything on the line to win for the team. That's why those numbers come on the board. If you just want to put numbers on the board then you won't even get the numbers or the wins. You strive for team goals, team excellence and help the team in any way possible and then those special things happen.

"You don't need to tell the guys to run in and bowl with full intensity or full effort. They take ownership of their skills and you can see the way they bowl, they set their own fields. They are dictating terms now and this is the most amazing thing you can ask for from your bowlers, especially fast bowlers. When they are happy and firing you always feel like you can win anywhere in the world and you can beat any side in the world anywhere. In the last 12 months I would rate their contribution far above the contribution of any of the batsmen. Hats off to their effort." 

http://www.espncricinfo.com/story/_/id/25702939/india-break-che-che-che

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Saini  ...  143.5 k  rising short ball and catch dropped at slip.

Short balls looking good and sharp ...  and fuller balls still looking floaty.

Why does he tends to place the ball while pitching up?not that he suddenly started doing this,he was doing it last year in Ranjis as well,maybe im at fault on this but doesn't have that sort of venom on those deliveries otherwise bowls in good channels

7 minutes ago, Suhaan said:

Why does he tends to place the ball while pitching up?not that he suddenly started doing this,he was doing it last year in Ranjis as well,maybe im at fault on this

Last year, his good length balls were zippy. This year, we saw those floaty fuller balls in Vijay Hazare Trophy too.

Why does he tends to place the ball while pitching up?

but doesn't have that sort of venom on those deliveries otherwise bowls in good channels

Exactly my impression too.

I hope Siraj gets to play in the ODIs ... and does not have to make his comeback in the T20s.   It is a brutal format for young quicks.

And I hope he bowls at full pace and with sufficient accuracy.  His uncanny wicket taking ability in the 2 longer formats is best demonstrated when he does this.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

I hope Siraj gets to play in the ODIs ... and does not have to make his comeback in the T20s.   It is a brutal format for young quicks.

And I hope he bowls at full pace and with sufficient accuracy.  His uncanny wicket taking ability in the 2 longer formats is best demonstrated when he does this.

Top post. Last thing we want is for him to play T20's get smashed and get blacklisted from selection in any format!

11 hours ago, Nikhil_cric said:

^ Lol such trundling by Pakistani phasht bowlers. 94% of all 140+ kph deliveries were delivered by Saffer quicks and they get more bounce too. Slowest bowling attack among all top test playing nations currently :hysterical:

yeah, pretty sure that zim and Bangladeshs also have faster bowlers in their team, even if not faster attacks as a whole. looking forward to seeing them get more phainty from the saffers over the next 2 dats.

Khaleel has become a disappointment after his initial burst in Asia cup. Why is he trying to become a BK.

It’s simple, he doesn’t want to go the Umesh’s way, somebody has coached him to look for swing & he lacks the stamina to maintain the speed he came into international cricket. Same happened with Ishant, started of as 140+ & in search of swing lost pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, nsareen said:

It’s simple, he doesn’t want to go the Umesh’s way, somebody has coached him to look for swing & he lacks the stamina to maintain the speed he came into international cricket. Same happened with Ishant, started of as 140+ & in search of swing lost pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ishant always had the swing even with pace. Ishant actually lost his swing as he tried bowl like Zak. Khaleel is doing same.

Not just pace,there's no bite or zip in Khaleel's bowling. Such an eyesore watching Trundlers bowl. 

Expectations from Indian bowlers have increased, can't have someone like him in the team. Add to it poor fielding and batting. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman